PANASONIC RZ470 Full hd DLP Laser led Hybrid Official Owner Thread - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 44 Old 04-29-2013, 07:35 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Thanks a lot Kraine! As I am considering this for a replacement for a Sharp LED flat panel, can you comment on daytime viewing and elaborate on noise level?

'Best comment on one of my AVS reviews ever, "What did I just try to read!" Latest:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 44 Old 04-29-2013, 07:06 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 21
thanks alot Kraine ... really helpful review
now we have an option if someone want to go lamp free
but my self i wait the real home theater one ( few months )
sadly no 4K lamp-less news with affordable price tongue.gif

THANKS
post #33 of 44 Old 04-29-2013, 10:54 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 65
niwknown if you want accurate colors this is not a model that you can use on daytime. On low mode the noise level is acceptable, it's begin to be disturbing on high mode.

yyy484 I'm also waiting a real HC model. Who knows maybe this year at IFA 2013.
post #34 of 44 Old 04-29-2013, 10:54 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

nowknown if you want accurate colors this is not a model that you can use on daytime. On low mode the noise level is acceptable, it's begin to be disturbing on high mode.

yyy484 I'm also waiting a real HC model. Who knows maybe this year at IFA 2013.
post #35 of 44 Old 04-30-2013, 12:03 AM

Liked: 21
I have a big hope this year or the beginning of next year at most .. its already started the shift of lamp-less tech and even with 4K
anyway time will tell and again we have a good RZ470 to go on until then ( good 1080p lap-less used to coast like hell wink.gif )

THANKS
post #36 of 44 Old 04-30-2013, 07:36 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by kraine View Post

nowknown if you want accurate colors this is not a model that you can use on daytime. On low mode the noise level is acceptable, it's begin to be disturbing on high mode.
Whoa, thanks deal/heart breaker smile.gif

'Best comment on one of my AVS reviews ever, "What did I just try to read!" Latest:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #37 of 44 Old 04-30-2013, 10:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbaseuser View Post

biggest interests......

1. Native contrast/and black level performance in best mode/calibrated (and...will it calibrate to a decent and even 6500)
2. Lumen output in best mode
3. Rainbows!?!?!? (yes, they are still possible)

What about rainbows?

Living the HT Dream...now in 4D.
post #38 of 44 Old 04-30-2013, 01:54 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I'm not sensitive to the rainbow effect, so I'm really sorry but I can't give any opinion on this matter.
post #39 of 44 Old 05-05-2013, 12:37 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

For those who can't wait, there is a good offer on the RZ470 here :

http://www.fullcompass.com/product/439566.html
post #40 of 44 Old 05-05-2013, 04:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Search for "panasonic rz470uk" in google shopping and you can find it for a couple of hundred less than full compass.

Copyright is not property, it is merely a temporary loan from the public domain.
post #41 of 44 Old 05-09-2013, 04:40 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Thanks you're right they are a lots of good offer on this model much better then our price in Europe : 6000$ !
post #42 of 44 Old 05-17-2013, 01:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Kraine,

Just to clarify, the colors on this projector don't calibrate well?

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence, than it does knowledge. Charles Darwin
post #43 of 44 Old 06-15-2013, 12:37 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Yes they are very hard to adjust frown.gif
post #44 of 44 Old 09-29-2013, 08:18 AM

Liked: 14
Aren't almost all projectors far dimmer than advertised in their best cinema mode? The few that are as brigt as they state in best mode are only that way because they have low stated brightness numbers, not superior capability. Maybe more honesty but that is all.

The best cinema mode is designed to give the best image in ideal conditions. In ideal conditions, you don't need more brightness than this one offers unless your screen is far bigger than most home theater's would have. The contrast numbers become irrelevant once you add any light into the room (for any projector).

With ambient light, then brightness is more important but you typically accept some compromise on image settings as those best calibrated ones are not appropriate for living room lighting. They are calibrated for dark conditions.

The question is how bright can it get in a mode that you would tolerate as a trade off for not having to watch tv in complete darkness, (if you are looking for a Living room device). If there is really nothing useable other than its best cinema mode, then this projector is not worth buying for people without a dedicated dark space (in which case it doesn't matter). That is not what the reviews said though.

I would like to see this product tested with one of the ambient light rejecting screens to see if there is a workable living room combo before righting it off as dark room only.

For people waiting for something to come along with accurate numbers that apply to any lighting conditions and with a white screen,, you could be waiting forever. With the right screen and a realistic view on trade offs in ambient light, the 1000 - 2000 lumens that it sounds like this device can put out might be enough. I have lots of projectors ranging from 700 lumens up to 7000 and none work well in ambient light with a white screen. With my black-screen, most put out a passable image with the lights on. I never understand the point of reviewing a device with a white screen and then criticizing its living room performance. In this day and age we have options and know that the right screen changes things.

10,000:1 contrast ratio is more than enough to give a top class image if well implemented. Thst is 5-10 times what typical digital theater projectors state. Some opinions say that the human eye can't see a difference once you pass 5000:1 and additional performance can only be measured with equipment. We get too hung up on numbers or wether it is native or using dynamic iris. As long as it looks good, who cares? We have reached the point where cheap manufacturers are claiming 100,000:1 contrast and yet, the reviews are criticizing their black levels which shows how little you can rely on anything except seeing it for yourself. We all know that there is no standard way of measuring and the manufacturers are incented to state the numbers that sound the best even if they don't tell you the complete story.

This is the first 1080p led laser projector that is affordable for mainstream (ok upper mainstream) and has decent contrast plus a range of features to justify the price. Other offerings to date have been either disappointing or far too expensive. Manufacturers thinking they can charge more for the light source on an otherwise inferior projector are mistaken as they are ignoring the law of immediate gratification. That is, a bulb change is annoying and expensive but won't happen until at least next year but losing features will happen right now. Plus the led laser means I have to live with this lack of features for 15 years before I can tell the wife that its broken and we need a new one. Panasonic don't seem to have made that mistake which is more than can be said for other manufacturers. I've decided to stay open on this one until I see it in person.
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Panasonic Pt Rz470uk 3d Ready Dlp Projector Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page