Upgrade from a JVC RS45 to RS55 or something else... - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 05-01-2013, 05:27 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 152
If I were buying a new projector or could go back in time, I would get the RS-55, the problem for me is I already have a golden sample RS-45, so I'd have to sell it for a loss and then pay another $1500 to $2000. If you have the money, the RS-48 or an older model RS-55 is going to beat the RS-45. I did not intend to tell people it is not worth it when buying a new PJ, just saying it's a tougher call when you already own the RS-45 and are having to sell then randomly buy another unit.

As far as e-shift goes, I didn't say much as Zombie has said most of it in the past, and the RS-55 I saw wasn't perfectly converged like my RS-45 was. That said, yes I'd say E-shift does a lot more than take away the pixel fill, it enhances the dimensionality of the image. Even though this is true, it's not in your face better, so as long as I am not AB'n, I can live with the RS-45 (though in the back of my mind I do wish I had e-shift). E-shift also gives the image a bit more of a easy look to the eyes, almost wanna say more film-like but not really because film-like to some can mean grainy. E-shift basically makes it easier on the eyes to focus in on detail, but if you are using your peripheral mind's eye to watch a movie and are really drawn into the movie rather than staring at details, then I'd say the RS-45 holds its own. Still, I'd rather have it but the RS-45 did ok without it.

All these JVC's are pretty fabulous, so if you don't have e-shift I wouldn't feel like you are missing out on the world, you still get that JVC look and feel. You are missing out a little depending on how focused you are on staring at details.

Quick and Easy Shelf Mount Method for both one projector or dual stacks

Web Calculator v023 & v025
- Quick Peak at the new upcoming calculator
**Current Projector Calculator** -- http://www.eliteprojectorcalculator.com

Coder's Top Projector Picks of 2012 --http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2013, 05:44 PM
AVS Addicted Member

It basically comes down to expenditures vs reward, hard to say if e-shift is worth it unless you want to show me your bank account. The RS-45/RS-46 is a pretty good alternative, I still think the RS-45 handily without mercy beats down the Epson in a good clean high contrast movie, especially at 1-1.2x seating distance. E-shift is the cherry on the whip cream, and if you A/B all day like I used to (getting over that stage), then I'd say man I can't live without it, time to mortgage the grand kids (ok it's not that expensive), but the point is, I've learned if we just wait a little while, something better for an even lower price might come a long (4k?). I know some in here have huge budgets, so what I say could be meaningless, but for a budget oriented shopper like myself (I'm willing to spend big bucks, but to a point), then I've gotta find the right balance. It's almost like the RS-45 was just under that perfect balance, and the RS-55 might have hit it slightly better, but at the same time I have more saved up towards my NEXT JVC.

So I can't really say my opinion or anyone elses on E-shift can fit everyone, it is what it is.

Another way of putting it might be, if you gave me a choice E-shift with DLP contrast or higher JVC contrast without E-shift, I'd take the higher contrast first, then the e-shift.

Coder's Top Projector Picks of 2012 --http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread....

Old 05-01-2013, 06:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 372 Post(s)
Liked: 401
This forum used to be filled with folks willing to spend countless $$ for the last 10% of performance. I'm thrilled with the performance of e-shift on the big HP until we can get affordable 4K (and content).

regarding HT 'bling' factor, it's evident that my RS55 is much shinier than your RS45. biggrin.gif

new 2D/3D combo for now, the W7000 did a good job serving 3D duty for the last year. The better contrast + these amazing 3D glasses are the holdover until something killer comes out in the fall.

sharp-jvc.jpg
Old 05-01-2013, 06:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 597 Post(s)
Liked: 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k View Post

This forum used to be filled with folks willing to spend countless $$ for the last 10% of performance.

It wasn't until about 3-4 years ago that 1080p projectors that offered decent performance fell into a price bracket that most people could afford. As the price lowers, the frugal-ness of people gets exponentially higher it seems. These are the kinds of people looking for the best bang-for-the-buck products whereas the people who can afford the high end products aren't typically as picky and just go with what looks best to them regardless of small to slightly higher (or lower) differences between price and performance. They aren't as concerned with the value of the performance they're getting.
Old 05-02-2013, 06:20 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Instead of buying new projectors, I have to spend money on 3D models for my new app, so kind of all tapped out on new PJ's for a while.
I might buy a Rendered RS-55, I'll be sure to tell the person to make it shinier than the rendered RS-45 smile.gif

Old 05-02-2013, 08:34 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
yeah,i think so, I might also hold out until later this year to see what JVC comes out with this fall.thanks 4.gif

Tags
Jvc Dla Rs45 Home Theater Projector 1080p Hdmi