HD950 still a worthwile purchase? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 04-29-2013, 11:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Is spending money on a new JVC HD950 silly at this point? (04-30-2013) If it was down to $2500 or less? Ive had a HD350 and liked it. But would that money be better spent on a newer, lower initial cost projector?
Thanks for any ideas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-30-2013, 07:32 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 312 Post(s)
Liked: 406
Does the projector have a warranty? Personally, I would take a new RS46 over it. The 46 will have a sharper lens, better motion and a longer lasting lamp. Contrast and black levels should be the same.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Brands we sell: 
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Call for B-stock projectors
Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon & many more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Technology, MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech.
post #3 of 4 Old 05-01-2013, 12:54 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Is there anything the HD950 would do better? And what if I could get it for $2250 shipped and it did have a warranty, do you think it would be getting closer to worth it at that point?

I did notice the rs46's were going for just a bit more and was going to inquire about them. What more does the x70 bring at $4k approx and the x90 at $6k? I have an HD350 with an almost brand new bulb that shut off and hasnt turned on for 9 months since I bumped the directv box and unplugged it and I must have sent a surge or something and hurt the projectors power supply or something... I enjoyed this projector and since I have a bulb I though I might get another compatible projector, but if these are just too old then its probably a bad idea..?

Thanks for your help!
post #4 of 4 Old 05-01-2013, 08:45 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 312 Post(s)
Liked: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiralmind View Post

Is there anything the HD950 would do better? And what if I could get it for $2250 shipped and it did have a warranty, do you think it would be getting closer to worth it at that point?

I did notice the rs46's were going for just a bit more and was going to inquire about them. What more does the x70 bring at $4k approx and the x90 at $6k? I have an HD350 with an almost brand new bulb that shut off and hasnt turned on for 9 months since I bumped the directv box and unplugged it and I must have sent a surge or something and hurt the projectors power supply or something... I enjoyed this projector and since I have a bulb I though I might get another compatible projector, but if these are just too old then its probably a bad idea..?

Thanks for your help!

With warranty and that price the HD950 is a good option. The X70 and X90 get you 4K up-conversion.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me:

Brands we sell: 

Call for B-stock projectors
Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon & many more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Technology, MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech.
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Jvc Dla Hd350 Full Hd D Ila Home Theater Front Projector
Gear in this thread - Hd350 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page