Need help with Projector choice for DJing - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 05-19-2013, 09:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey guys, I am looking to buy a couple of projectors for Djing and will be using them for couple of different applications. First is in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLrgXvDxWZA&feature=youtu.be Want to be able to project monograms from a laptop onto the dance floor or wall. Will need to be able to see in some ambient lit rooms at times so high lumens is a must. The second would be rear projection on to portable Da Lite screens for visuals. Don't need 3D and any of the bells and whistles geared towards HT use. Not sure on price range I should be looking at so I am posting here and in the <$3k forum. Would like to not go much higher than the $3k range though if possible as I need to purchase 2 units. I have been looking at the IN5334L refurbished with a 054-LENS so if there are any opinons on that model, please share. Thanks for the help in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-19-2013, 05:29 PM - Thread Starter

Easy on the replies everyone. I can't process "ALL" this information at once. wink.gif
post #3 of 3 Old 05-19-2013, 06:16 PM

We tested and rejected the InFocus 5000 series because the one we tried would not hold color calibration. Based on our experience in the rental/staging/outdoor movie business, the high-end Panasonic DLPs (4000+ lumens) are the most rugged at an affordable price; Optomas do not have the same build quality but are very reliable and definitely offer the best bang for the buck.

We have a couple of demo units available in your price range; if you're interested, please PM me.
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page