new pj choice for scope to hdtv setup looking for real world experience feedback - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 33 Old 07-01-2013, 12:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k View Post

no one at this time can guarantee it will be updated. until Sony makes such announcement, it's just speculation.

I would hardly say it's speculation. Dealers wouldn't be telling their customers this if Sony themselves hadn't said it. I know it's isn't an iron clad 100% guarantee but there seems to be too much doubt without any reasoning behind it. The odds are still much in favor for Sony to come through on this. I'm taking the glass half full approach here...

As far as it being "announced" by Sony, I swear I remember seeing it on a brochure for this unit that said there was an upgrade path planned when HDMI "2.0" was released. It said something along the lines of "Sony knows 4K standards are in development and we want to ensure our customers that this product will be full compatible with that standard when it arrives. We will have an upgrade option available to you..blah blah blah" I'll have to find it. People aren't just pulling this upgrade path story out of their ass.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 33 Old 07-01-2013, 05:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 248
I know you are planning on getting a 1000, but i'm looking at this from an objective viewpoint. it's not in writing anywhere I can find. The conversation I found early on was from 2 folks that don't work at Sony anymore.

my point is, until there is more evidence, discussing it as a fact may confuse folks. I'm not saying it can't happen, I would like to see more info other than what's been presented.
post #33 of 33 Old 07-01-2013, 11:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 219 Post(s)
Liked: 558
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seegs108 View Post

That isn't an excuse for the Sony 1000ES. Sony is going to deliver on their promise (some have doubts and I have no idea why) and have an update path for those who want to change out the input board/processing so their machines will be ready for the kind of 4K content you're talking about. This isn't an issue as you said, the projector is perfect for any content people have now and like I said, it will be ready for new content at higher framerates hopefully this fall with that upgrade path promised by Sony.

that is very cool, good for sony!

I still question the value of buying the sony now, before there's much content to use with it, but it's nice to know it won't be a huge step behind the projectors of next year, etc.
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Jvc Dla X35 3d Hd Front Projector , Sony Vpl Hw50es 3d Projector

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page