Mack camera warranty? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 07-01-2013, 12:07 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
jamieuk147's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 617
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I am close to buying a JVC RS55 (X70) from the USA. The seller has offered me a warranty service by Mack camera $299 for 4 years. Seems good and I have agreed to it.

But from a search on the net am reading a few horror stroies! but then again there are always more negatives than positives on the net so thought I would ask here

Has anyone ever used this company? I am in the UK smile.gif

Mack Cam Worldwide Warranty | Specializing in Warranty and Repair Services
jamieuk147 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 10 Old 07-01-2013, 04:50 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
noah katz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Mountain View, CA USA
Posts: 20,608
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 281 Post(s)
Liked: 166
yes, some of us have and had good experiences; use search function

Noah
noah katz is offline  
post #3 of 10 Old 07-03-2013, 07:53 AM
AVS Special Member
 
hifiaudio2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 2,689
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 74
I haven't used the "full" warranty, but the bulb warranty is ridiculously awesome. I now have in my possession the first of two Sony 1000 bulbs that they will give me that cost $699 online. I paid $129 for the warranty a year and a half ago. It looks like the cost has gone up slightly but not much.

You may get better pricing buying from Tapeworks.

http://www.tapeworkstexas.com/extended-warranties/projector-warranty/bulb-lamp-warranty.html

OH - Be SURE you purchased the warranty within 30 days (i think) of buying the projector. They will deny all claims if you didn't.
hifiaudio2 is offline  
post #4 of 10 Old 07-03-2013, 12:14 PM
Member
 
Mackcam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by noah katz View Post

yes, some of us have and had good experiences; use search function


Hi! My name is Desiree and I am the Customer Experience Supervisor for Mack Worldwide Warranty. Thank you for writing that you had a positive experience with our warranties.
Mackcam is offline  
post #5 of 10 Old 07-03-2013, 12:15 PM
Member
 
Mackcam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifiaudio2 View Post

I haven't used the "full" warranty, but the bulb warranty is ridiculously awesome. I now have in my possession the first of two Sony 1000 bulbs that they will give me that cost $699 online. I paid $129 for the warranty a year and a half ago. It looks like the cost has gone up slightly but not much.

You may get better pricing buying from Tapeworks.

http://www.tapeworkstexas.com/extended-warranties/projector-warranty/bulb-lamp-warranty.html

OH - Be SURE you purchased the warranty within 30 days (i think) of buying the projector. They will deny all claims if you didn't.


Thank you for your kind words about our warranties! I am happy you had a positive experience.
Best, Desiree
Mackcam is offline  
post #6 of 10 Old 07-03-2013, 12:16 PM
Member
 
Mackcam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieuk147 View Post

I am close to buying a JVC RS55 (X70) from the USA. The seller has offered me a warranty service by Mack camera $299 for 4 years. Seems good and I have agreed to it.

But from a search on the net am reading a few horror stroies! but then again there are always more negatives than positives on the net so thought I would ask here

Has anyone ever used this company? I am in the UK smile.gif

Mack Cam Worldwide Warranty | Specializing in Warranty and Repair Services


Please keep in mind that most people do not write about their "positive" experienes.
Mackcam is offline  
post #7 of 10 Old 07-03-2013, 02:30 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
jamieuk147's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 617
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
What would happen if I bought a projector from the USA and when it came to the UK it had really bad convergence! would you fix under warranty?
jamieuk147 is offline  
post #8 of 10 Old 07-03-2013, 02:42 PM
AVS Special Member
 
hifiaudio2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 2,689
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 74
The Mack warranty doesn't kick in until your normal warranty is over. You would deal with your dealer and the manufacturer over an issue like that.


From the FAQ:
Q: When does the projector Warranty Begin?
A: Service contract starts after the expiration of your manufacturer warranty.
hifiaudio2 is offline  
post #9 of 10 Old 07-03-2013, 02:46 PM
AVS Special Member
 
hifiaudio2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 2,689
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 74
I didn't really think about the overseas part of this. Maybe the Mack representative can chime back in with any particulars that might change with having to ship the unit back and forth later.
hifiaudio2 is offline  
post #10 of 10 Old 08-20-2013, 09:32 AM
Newbie
 
TapeWorksTXinc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
hifiaudio2, Thank you for referring TapeWorks Texas Inc! TapeWorks is an Authorized US Mack Extended Warranty dealer and we have been assisting AVS Forum Members for quite some time! If you have any questions regarding Mack Warranties, you can send me PM, email Scott@TapeWorksTexas.com or call 713-688-0696 and I will be readily available to assist!
TapeWorksTXinc is offline  
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Jvc Dla Rs55 Bundle

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off