POWER ZOOM - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 07-15-2013, 05:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Is it typical for home theatre users to watch TV broadcast in their theatre ? (Sports, movies, etc.) I do all the time. For example, if I get 10 minutes into a rented DVD and it's junk, I switch to TV programming. My question is; when I switch to TV, I have to shrink the picture, with the remote control, to fit the screen. I'm planning to upgrade my projector to a Digital Projectors, M300 3D with manual zoom. With a ceiling mounted projector, will I have to drag out a ladder every time I switch from DVD to TV to adjust the picture size ? confused.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-15-2013, 06:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Liked: 168
You could always use the built in scaler on your projector so you don't have to zoom in and out to fit the screen every time the aspect ratio changes. That seems like the logical choice here.

------------------------------------

Look What AVS Made Me Do!
post #3 of 4 Old 07-15-2013, 06:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by DES1 View Post

Is it typical for home theatre users to watch TV broadcast in their theatre ? (Sports, movies, etc.) I do all the time. For example, if I get 10 minutes into a rented DVD and it's junk, I switch to TV programming. My question is; when I switch to TV, I have to shrink the picture, with the remote control, to fit the screen. I'm planning to upgrade my projector to a Digital Projectors, M300 3D with manual zoom. With a ceiling mounted projector, will I have to drag out a ladder every time I switch from DVD to TV to adjust the picture size ? confused.gif

What is the aspect ratio (i.e., Width/Height = Aspect Ratio) of your screen? Is It 1.33 (standard definition format), 1.78 (HDTV format), or 2.35 (movie cinemascope format)?

Ron Jones
Blog + Reviews + Articles: projectorreviews.com
post #4 of 4 Old 07-15-2013, 06:43 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 123
Something seems off, you shouldn't have to zoom, TV, DVDs, Blu-ray, Games, it doesn't make any difference. I think we need more info on what projector you have, it's aspect ratio, what aspect ratio your screen is...

See what an anamorphoscopic lens can do, see movies the way they were meant to be seen
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page