Project Install in Lincoln, NE - Need help! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 08-12-2013, 03:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Hi,

I'm getting ready to move into my new house on Sep. 3rd and I'm planning to purchase a screen and projector to be installed ASAP after closing.

While building, I had a local A/V company come out and prewire a HDMI cord and 2 CAT6 cords from the AVR to the projector location. The electrician also put in an electrical outlet in the ceiling.

The screen will be 110", motorized and tensioned and will also be ceiling mounted. There's a CAT6 cable running to the screen location for a trigger. The electrician also installed a ceiling mounted outlet for the screen.

I would like to buy the projector and screen and install it myself, but since I've never done this type of work before, I'm not sure how easily it can be done.

I'm considering a couple of different projectors still; Epson 5020 (or 6020), and Sony HW50ES.

The throw distance will be around 15' and the seating distance will be around 10'.

Are there any Lincoln, NE installers lurking around this forum? Or any other A/V addicts that want to help?

Thanks!

Samsung TV - PN59D8000 - wall mounted
HW50ES projector w/electric Elite 120" ceiling mounted screen (drops in front of plasma)
Receiver - Yamaha RX-A3000
Front Speakers - B&W CM9, Center - B&W CMC2, Surrounds - B&W CM5
SVS PB12+, SVS PB13 Ultra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2013, 05:29 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 678 Post(s)
Liked: 533
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetmeat View Post

Hi,

I'm getting ready to move into my new house on Sep. 3rd and I'm planning to purchase a screen and projector to be installed ASAP after closing.

While building, I had a local A/V company come out and prewire a HDMI cord and 2 CAT6 cords from the AVR to the projector location. The electrician also put in an electrical outlet in the ceiling.

The screen will be 110", motorized and tensioned and will also be ceiling mounted. There's a CAT6 cable running to the screen location for a trigger. The electrician also installed a ceiling mounted outlet for the screen.

I would like to buy the projector and screen and install it myself, but since I've never done this type of work before, I'm not sure how easily it can be done.

I'm considering a couple of different projectors still; Epson 5020 (or 6020), and Sony HW50ES.

The throw distance will be around 15' and the seating distance will be around 10'.

Are there any Lincoln, NE installers lurking around this forum? Or any other A/V addicts that want to help?

Thanks!

Sent you a PM. smile.gif

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com
Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/ 
Call for B-stock projectors
Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon, DNP & more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Tech., MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech, Denon, Marantz & Yamaha .
Old 08-23-2013, 01:27 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 25
When I was living in that area, there was only one A/V store in the Lincoln area and a few more in Omaha.

There is a store up in Ceresco that I believe has the Sony and Epson projecting onto a Stewart high gain screen.

Tags
Epson 5020ub Powerlite Home Cinema 3d Front Projector , Sony Vpl Hw50es 3d Projector
Gear in this thread