Epson 6020,Sony 50es help me decide!! - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #31 of 38 Old 08-21-2013, 05:48 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Seegs108's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Schenectady, New York
Posts: 3,927
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Liked: 175
That's why this forum is great. There are several members here on the site who have spent at least that much time with many of the units being discussed and can tell you which is better in the areas that matter to you. I do what you consider to be nuts. I've bought and then sold 24 different projectors over the past year or two. In that time I've seen some really great images being projected and some that were just okay. In that time I've found what type of image I like and I now know what projectors will give me the image I'm looking for. I'm also happy to say that I've found and own what I consider to be one of the best images out there and I know why because I've had the chance to put it head to head with the competition. Call me nuts but I had a lot of fun doing it and I've also made quite a bit of money when it came time to sell them back, too!

------------------------------------

Look What AVS Made Me Do!
Seegs108 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 38 Old 08-21-2013, 06:13 PM
Member
 
HDextreme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 186
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Believe me I know what you mean I did it with TV's but my problem was I noticed I became obsessed with the hardware and wan't enjoying movies but that was me being crazy and I still am to a point but have learned that I have to just sit down and enjoy. Yes this forum is great I love it but for people like me it can drive you crazy sometimes which is why I have to take a break sometimes. That is awesome you found exactly what you were looking for if I had the time I'd prob be doing the same thing smile.gif
HDextreme is offline  
post #33 of 38 Old 08-21-2013, 06:20 PM
Member
 
HDextreme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 186
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seegs108 View Post

That's why this forum is great. There are several members here on the site who have spent at least that much time with many of the units being discussed and can tell you which is better in the areas that matter to you. I do what you consider to be nuts. I've bought and then sold 24 different projectors over the past year or two. In that time I've seen some really great images being projected and some that were just okay. In that time I've found what type of image I like and I now know what projectors will give me the image I'm looking for. I'm also happy to say that I've found and own what I consider to be one of the best images out there and I know why because I've had the chance to put it head to head with the competition. Call me nuts but I had a lot of fun doing it and I've also made quite a bit of money when it came time to sell them back, too!

Which projector did you find to have the best images?
HDextreme is offline  
post #34 of 38 Old 08-22-2013, 01:07 AM
Senior Member
 
snyderkv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 320
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDextreme View Post

Which projector did you find to have the best images?

Oh no here we go again. Seegs clearly set that one up
snyderkv is offline  
post #35 of 38 Old 08-22-2013, 01:22 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Seegs108's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Schenectady, New York
Posts: 3,927
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Liked: 175
Not really. I'm just pointing out that, like all things, it takes experience to know what is better. To answer his question, I've found my Planar PD8150 to have the best overall image that I've seen thus far. It has no real weakness.

------------------------------------

Look What AVS Made Me Do!
Seegs108 is offline  
post #36 of 38 Old 08-22-2013, 02:24 AM
Senior Member
 
snyderkv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 320
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seegs108 View Post

Not really. I'm just pointing out that, like all things, it takes experience to know what is better. To answer his question, I've found my Planar PD8150 to have the best overall image that I've seen thus far. It has no real weakness.

I'd say the weakness is the $8000 price tag. I would hope it has a better picture
snyderkv is offline  
post #37 of 38 Old 08-22-2013, 02:49 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Seegs108's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Schenectady, New York
Posts: 3,927
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Liked: 175
That really isn't expensive considering there are a ton of projectors costing 2-3+ times that amount.

------------------------------------

Look What AVS Made Me Do!
Seegs108 is offline  
post #38 of 38 Old 08-22-2013, 03:16 AM
Senior Member
 
snyderkv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 320
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Ya just odd to throw that out there when the OP is inquiring about $2k-$3k projectors. I must of missed previous follow up to that comment.
snyderkv is offline  
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Epson Powerlite Pro Cinema 6020ub 3d 1080p 3lcd Projector , Sony Vpl Hw50es 3d Projector , Panasonic Ptae8000u Hd Projector
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off