AVS Forum banner
248K views 4K replies 201 participants last post by  viper14 
#1 ·
Hi,

some preliminary informations about the new range JVC 2014 are available on an italian seller's website :

http://www.homecinemasolution.it/proiettori-home-cinema/jvc/serie-2014/

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=fr&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.homecinemasolution.it%2Fproiettori-home-cinema%2Fjvc%2Fserie-2014%2F

" INFORMAZIONI PREELIMINARI

Quest'anno JVC non toccherà il modello di base DLA-RS46 che rimarrà a catalogo fino al prossimo novembre 2014 , ma uscirà con 3 nuovi modelli che si chiamano DLA-RS49- RS57 - RS67 .

Questi accetteranno tutti segnali 4K 3840x2160 nativi e avranno il supporto fino a 30HZ con una singola HDMI e 60HZ con la doppia HDMI .

Partiranno sempre con il 49 a € 5.000,00 che avrà in più del 48 oltre la possibilità di accettare segnali 4K anche 60.000:1 di contrasto e:

1°4K@60 can be inputted

2°Extremely improved Dynamic range

3°New MPC

4°New Clear Motion Drive

5°Photo Mode

6°Mastered in4K for x.v.Color

7°6th Generation new D-ILA Chip

8°2 Memories for Pixel Adjustment

9°Auto Calibration on 5 series

10°Newly Application for Smartphone"

See less See more
#3,430 ·
Well I lost another bet. Manni held out for 25 minutes. I bet Kevin he wouldn't last 15 minutes.
Joerod usually lasts a day.

Toe? WTF? Read my first post. I did not criticize Manni for posting or disagree with his statements. Manni knows exactly what I was trying to say. He and I are friends and have communicated by PM. I have noticed some lack of patience with others recently and I was ***** slapping him into being nice. Even with your post crushing my abilities and contributions, Toe, I would not attack or treat you less than nicely. weeze friends too.

#3,431 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark haflich  /t/1486011/new-range-jvc-2014/3420#post_24231073

Well I lost another bet. Manni held out for 25 minutes. I bet Kevin he wouldn't last 15 minutes.

Toe? WTF? Read my first post. I did not criticize Manni for posting or disagree with his statements. Manni knows exactly what I was trying to say. He and I are friends and have communicated by PM. I have noticed some lack of patience with others recently and I was ***** slapping him into being nice. Even with your post crushing my abilities and contributions, Toe, I would not attack or treat you less than nicely. weeze friends too.

Sorry Mark, I meant no harm. Of course your contributions and wealth of knowledge are invaluable and very much appreciated as well, and I did not mean to imply they were not. All I meant was if anyone is to get on Manni for coming off a bit firm, it should not be you (or me for that matter!) since you can come off a bit rough at times as well (so can I) in some of your posts. That's all. I certainly did not mean to "attack" you though since we are friends here, so sorry if it came off that way as that was not my intention. Was just giving you some $hit.

EDIT: I just hope we can still be friends when the Broncos beat the Patriots tom.......

#3,432 ·
Of course none of us want Manni (or anyone else for that matter) to stop posting. We're all wrong from time to time. The internet can be a scary place for those who aren't experts in a particular field. You often will find that what you post to be incorrect and many times when finding out why you're incorrect means receiving a rude comment on why. This forum doesn't seem to be too bad with that and I don't believe Manni was acting that way. I misheard about the second tier JVC projectors receiving lesser graded parts. I conceded on that front. That is kind of a sad thought, though, that you're spending many thousands more for a product that uses the vast majority of parts that the cheaper model has and you don't get some additional special treatment to make sure those parts are at least closer to spec than the parts going into the model costing thousands less. They want you to spend even more for that. It is what it is I guess.

#3,433 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark haflich  /t/1486011/new-range-jvc-2014/3420#post_24231073

Maybe not even 15 old man!

Wow not even a comment on your new FB pic… (I thought that was pretty funny… just trying to help lighten the mood). I apologize, cause we all know this is your real one…

Oh come on… Now that's funny stuff!

Oh yeah Mark… how's to foot doing… (well enough to wanna kick me where the sun don't shine!)?

As very well said… weez all friends here!

#3,436 ·
Mah foot It ezz all healed.

I am mildly amused about a simple comment to a friend causing a ruckus here. All I did was ask my friend to be nice and it results in I am outa here and then a lot of please don'ts Sort of like a bunch of teenage girls in the valley. Then we get a group hug. Next thing I know, Manning will be at our doors delivering a Papa John's pizza.

Toe. Calm down about visualizing the young girls. Try shooting for a college freshman or sophomore.

BTW Manni. A very nice post explaining xvYcc. I figure I will buy the new Sony top of the line bluray player (something like $179 MSRP) and set my 1000ES to xvYcc and get a MI4K and play it that way and then with the xvYcc stuff shut off and see if I can see any differences. I am betting I won't.

#3,437 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seegs108  /t/1486011/new-range-jvc-2014/3420#post_24231492

That is kind of a sad thought, though, that you're spending many thousands more for a product that uses the vast majority of parts that the cheaper model has and you don't get some additional special treatment to make sure those parts are at least closer to spec than the parts going into the model costing thousands less..
There are 2 sides to that coin. Sad if you spend the extra and happy if you don't spend the extra that you didn't get parts that had been separated out into a lot of inferior parts.

--Darin

Reactions: krichter1
#3,438 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsmith808  /t/1486011/new-range-jvc-2014/3390#post_24229297

Is the bulb aperture only to dim the image but not increase the actual (not dynamic) contrast?
I tried to explain here:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1486011/new-range-jvc-2014/3300#post_24218406

why I think a dual aperture system can increase native contrast ratio better than just a lens iris, for the same light loss. It depends on what is causing the raised black level though.

In this case I think measurements support that the 2nd iris can help the native on/off CR (which I consider the on/off CR for keeping the iris(es) in one position).

--Darin

#3,441 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by darinp2  /t/1486011/new-range-jvc-2014/3420#post_24232755

I tried to explain here:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1486011/new-range-jvc-2014/3300#post_24218406

why I think a dual aperture system can increase native contrast ratio better than just a lens iris, for the same light loss. It depends on what is causing the raised black level though.

In this case I think measurements support that the 2nd iris can help the native on/off CR (which I consider the on/off CR for keeping the iris(es) in one position).

--Darin

Thanks Darin.

Has anyone compared the contrast between the jvc's side by side?

#3,443 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark haflich  /t/1486011/new-range-jvc-2014/3400_40#post_24232163

Mah foot It ezz all healed.

I am mildly amused about a simple comment to a friend causing a ruckus here. All I did was ask my friend to be nice and it results in I am outa here and then a lot of please don'ts Sort of like a bunch of teenage girls in the valley. Then we get a group hug. Next thing I know, Manning will be at our doors delivering a Papa John's pizza.

Toe. Calm down about visualizing the young girls. Try shooting for a college freshman or sophomore.

BTW Manni. A very nice post explaining xvYcc. I figure I will buy the new Sony top of the line bluray player (something like $179 MSRP) and set my 1000ES to xvYcc and get a MI4K and play it that way and then with the xvYcc stuff shut off and see if I can see any differences. I am betting I won't.

What??? You figured out the 1000ES can play blu rays and not just DVDs and 720p cable tv?

#3,447 ·
#3,448 ·
If you would have gone over to the x700 thread you would have seen this review by Kraine was talked about exensively. The 3D is much improved over the RS55 and at least on-par with last years model (but a tad brighter and CMD mode greatly helps motion/judder to those sensitive to it… so possibly even better than last years model).

Average that with all the other improvements discussed (discounting whatever Kraine's issue were this year with his test gear & poor room conditions of course), and compare that to others from a price/performance perspective and I believe (if you're asking/wondering/considering), the clear consensus here is JVC has a winner on their hands this year!

#3,451 ·
I am interested in hearing from some of the JVC owners who are using a Hi powered screen. I have the X500 and am in a blacked out room. 3D is of zero concern, but would not mind a bit more pop for some things, I have my PJ at vertical center so it is setup to take advantage of a HP screen. Currently I have a 1gain 4k reference fixed screen. From what I understand the HP screens do not effect black levels? Also I am very interested in a CIH HP screen.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.