NEW RANGE JVC 2014 - Page 82 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 12-23-2013, 10:33 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Woot!

Had to call this morning and change my shipping to 2 day. Looking forward to later this week when it arrives.

Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2013, 10:38 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 677 Post(s)
Liked: 533
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seegs108 View Post

I'm so sorry.

I actually have great in-laws. smile.gif

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com
Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/ 
Call for B-stock projectors
Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon, DNP & more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Tech., MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech, Denon, Marantz & Yamaha .
Old 12-23-2013, 10:39 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV Science Sales 5 View Post

I actually have great in-laws. smile.gif
We go see college basketball games together.

RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Tech., MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech, Denon, Marantz & Yamaha .
Old 12-23-2013, 10:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Location: In my home theater ( when I'm not rock climbing, cycling or kayaking ) - Sacramento CA area
Quoted: 363 Post(s)
Liked: 335
The Pre Order special is still available through the end of today just FYI ! smile.gif Buy yourself a Christmas present you will love throughout the New Year!!

Craig Peer, AV Science Sales. Call me on my direct line - 585-671-2972, 8:30am - 4:30pm PST, Monday - Friday
Email me at craig@avscience.com http://shop.avscience.com/
Yes, we sell Home Theater gear right here at AVS !!
JVC, Sony, Epson, DPI, SIM2, SV Sound, Martin Logan, RBH, and many more!
Old 12-23-2013, 10:41 AM
AVS Club Gold

Since the projectors have arrived, today is the last day for preordering. Last chance for anyone considering one of these. smile.gif

Old 12-23-2013, 11:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV Science Sales 5 View Post

The RS4910's and RS57's just arrived. smile.gif

SaWEET! Thanks Mike!!

Kevin

You only live once, but if you live it right, once is enough.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

==> The Richter Family 3D Theater  
Old 12-23-2013, 01:46 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 625 Post(s)
Liked: 587
Kevin. Quite a game last night for the bears against a team for which the game was meaningless. What did they lose by 40 something? And they still make the playoffs with a win at Green Bay. Defense? No fence. A real thriller last night. smile.gif

Mark Haflich
markhaflich@yahoo.com
call me at: 240 876 2536
Old 12-23-2013, 02:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Keeping my reaction to the picture says a 1K words principle… they were flattened as quickly as your Bobsled Buddy...

tongue.gif

Happy Holidays ye ole' Fart! smile.gif

Ho, ho, ho!!... and as I write this I just got my 2 day air tracking from AVS… MERRY CHRISTMAS… Hallelujah!!

Kevin

Old 12-23-2013, 03:10 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Oh look what the UPSanta just delivered. Thanks a lot Mike for getting it delivered after the numerous changes going back and forth between models biggrin.gif

Waiting on the installer to come and mount it in the ceiling and mount the screen biggrin.gif
cardoski likes this.
Old 12-23-2013, 03:16 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked: 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by aniv View Post

Oh look what the UPSanta just delivered. Thanks a lot Mike for getting it delivered after the numerous changes going back and forth between models biggrin.gif

Waiting on the installer to come and mount it in the ceiling and mount the screen biggrin.gif

Wow. It's like capturing a photo of the Yeti!

Well done.

Are you waiting for it to be installed today?

I was going to ask that you report on the quality of the Intelligent Lens Aperture, which I think is the big question on everyone's mind. But I noticed from your earlier post: "My first projector ever."

Newbies strike again as the first to receive. smile.gif

Enjoy, should look awesome!
aniv and cardoski like this.
Old 12-23-2013, 03:20 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked: 384
BTW, a dealer I'm in touch with told me on Dec 12 that the JVC projectors were delayed due to a software update. (Hopefully ILA related). Not that this is a surprise to anyone, but just thought I'd mention it.
Old 12-23-2013, 03:22 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
haha thanks. Yes I am trying to coax the installer with the AV company I use for my jobs to get it done today. Lets see if its today or the original scheduled install date of the 26th. As far as intelligent aperture and all that goes I have no clue what to tell you. Newbies and Mike make a great team, Mike recommends and newbies purchase smile.gif

Happy Holidays!
Old 12-23-2013, 03:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: In my home theater ( when I'm not rock climbing, cycling or kayaking ) - Sacramento CA area
Quoted: 363 Post(s)
Liked: 335
Quote:
Oh look what the UPSanta just delivered

It's the most wonderful time of the year,
around here!
UPS at your door,
a new projector on your floor,
it's enough to make me shed a tear!
It's the most wonderful AVS time of the year.............smile.gif
aniv likes this.

Craig Peer, AV Science Sales. Call me on my direct line - 585-671-2972, 8:30am - 4:30pm PST, Monday - Friday
Email me at craig@avscience.com http://shop.avscience.com/
Yes, we sell Home Theater gear right here at AVS !!
JVC, Sony, Epson, DPI, SIM2, SV Sound, Martin Logan, RBH, and many more!
Old 12-23-2013, 03:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:

NOOOOOOOO!! C'mon now we have had new projectors set on table tops and images thrown on beige and light green walls, and the new owner could TELL it was awesome!!! biggrin.gif
cardoski likes this.
Old 12-23-2013, 07:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Oh that picture is much better than my blow-up one… Congrats! tongue.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Peer View Post

It's the most wonderful time of the year,
around here!
UPS at your door,
a new projector on your floor,
it's enough to make me shed a tear!
It's the most wonderful AVS time of the year.............smile.gif

… and so daddy can get paid to buy all those toys for the kiddies no doubt! wink.gif
aniv likes this.

Kevin

Old 12-23-2013, 10:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Anybody get one today and actually try it out? The suspense is killing me!biggrin.gif
Old 12-24-2013, 05:57 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Though I didn't get one yesterday or today, not surprisingly since I didn't order one, I will on the day of Christmas eve give those awaiting a report, I will beat the initial reporters to the punch and they can use my report.

Its Fantastic. Unbelievable. Amazing. I love it. It exceeded my expectations. Congrats to JVC and congrats to me for getting it. Opening the box and looking at it was only exceeded by the excitement of seeing my first newborn child for the first time. Then I slapped it down on a table, turned it on, leveled the feet, adjusted the placement, zoom and focus and shot it on the wall. Wowza Wowza. I was blown away, My hands are shaking. The intelligent iris. What can't I say. No pumping when watching my favorite 2D movie, Despicable Me. Some say they named that movie after me. Is intelligent applicable to how the iris works? YES I didn't think it was possible bui it exceeds Mensa entry levels. Blacks are so dark words like Inky just do it a gross unjustice. E-shift 3? Obliterates e-shift 1 and 2. Hard to describe the differences but you know it when you see it.

Merry Xmas all. I need to go watch my entire DVD and Bluray library of over 500 titles again. Based on Despicable Me it will be like watching them for the first time. I am sooo happy.

Edit. After 2 hours play time, I can absolutely detect no diming or other bulb issues.
cardoski and Elix like this.

Mark Haflich
markhaflich@yahoo.com
Old 12-24-2013, 06:05 AM

Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark haflich View Post

Though I didn't get one yesterday or today, not surprisingly since I didn't order one, I will on the day od Christmas eve give those awaiting a report, I will beat the initial reporters to the punch and they can use my report.

Its Fantastic. Unbelievable. Amazing. I love it. It exceeded my expectations. Congrats to JVC and congrats to me for getting it. Opening the box and looking at it was only exceeded by the excitement of seeing my first newborn child for the first time. Then I slapped it down on a table, turned it on, leveled the feet, adjusted the placement, zoom and focus and shot it on the wall. Wowza Wowza. I was blown away, My hands are shaking. The intelligent iris. What can't I say. No pumping when watch my favorite 2D movie, Despicable Me. Some say they named that movie after me. Is intelligent applicable to how the iris works? YES I didn't think it was possible buti t exceeds Mensa entry levels. Blacks are so dark words like Inky just do it an unjustice. Merry Xmas all. I need to go watch my entire DVD and Bluray library of over 500 titles. Based on Despicable Me it will be like watching them for the first time. I am sooo happy.

That was funny smile.gif
Old 12-24-2013, 08:34 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I had to double check the I.D. to make sure it was not a post from a serial reviewer from the Chicago area who will remain nameless. smile.gif
Old 12-24-2013, 08:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Reading that was like Deja Vu. The count is now 2 phony reports, "0" actual.tongue.gif
Old 12-24-2013, 08:53 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Nothing false. My review was clearly stated as on not having a unit. But I do not need a sample in order to project a first impression review and I wanted to be the first. Besides its all we are going to get until a short period of time later. I do not want anyone to die from the suspense of waiting for a first impressions report when the content of such a report based on forum history is fully predictable with only a small margin of error. smile.gif
Elix likes this.

Mark Haflich
markhaflich@yahoo.com
Old 12-24-2013, 09:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Correction. 2 very positive first impression reviews from non owners, 0 from any other source.
Old 12-24-2013, 09:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 35
This is brilliant. You can't deny this logic. biggrin.gif
Old 12-24-2013, 09:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 48
With previous JVCs, because the bulb degraded at such a rate, combined with panel mutation that caused the gamma to go out as well, when you connected a shiny new projector with new bulb and no panel changes, the first reaction has always been "Wow. That is amazing, much better than my old projector". Even if you recalibrate the old one, other than putting a new bulb in it, it will always have considerably less contrast than new due to offsetting the bulbs loss of red. So it is very easy to fall into this trap.

What will be interesting is those who have upgraded from the 2013 range (e.g. RS48,RS56, RS66) to the new models out now. The bulb and panel changes are so much less on these models, that it is now meaningful to make the comparison and not to be confused or misled due to the human inability to remember well something that is in distant memory.
Kelvin1965S likes this.
Old 12-24-2013, 09:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 227 Post(s)
Liked: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark haflich View Post

Nothing false. My review was clearly stated as on not having a unit. But I do not need a sample in order to project a first impression review and I wanted to be the first. Besides its all we are going to get until a short period of time later. I do not want anyone to die from the suspense of waiting for a first impressions report when the content of such a report based on forum history is fully predictable with only a small margin of error. smile.gif

You're second buddy wink.gif already did my non owner user review... Remember. That's probably where you got the idea. biggrin.gif haha.
Old 12-24-2013, 09:26 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonStatt View Post

With previous JVCs, because the bulb degraded at such a rate, combined with panel mutation that caused the gamma to go out as well, when you connected a shiny new projector with new bulb and no panel changes, the first reaction has always been "Wow. That is amazing, much better than my old projector". Even if you recalibrate the old one, other than putting a new bulb in it, it will always have considerably less contrast than new due to offsetting the bulbs loss of red. So it is very easy to fall into this trap.

What will be interesting is those who have upgraded from the 2013 range (e.g. RS48,RS56, RS66) to the new models out now. The bulb and panel changes are so much less on these models, that it is now meaningful to make the comparison and not to be confused or misled due to the human inability to remember well something that is in distant memory.

That's one of the purposes of the quote function. I can't even remember what you said in your above post unless I quote it and have it in my response as I type. smile.gif

Mark Haflich
markhaflich@yahoo.com
Old 12-24-2013, 09:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 28
I think Mark was being mean. Who's going to want to give excited impressions now. The Grinch who stole JVCgasms. biggrin.gif
krichter1 likes this.
Old 12-24-2013, 09:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonF View Post

I think Mark was being mean. Who's going to want to give excited impressions now. The Grinch who stole JVCgasms. biggrin.gif

Haha...Mark's responses have been the only thing to make me smile while we are in the wait and see mode on this thread. What a shame nobody got it before Christmas.

In all seriousness though, there is a tendency to fall into the "it's new so it must be better mode". It happens every year. I wish nothing more than for people to be happy with their new toys. But at some point I hope someone can give a truly objective review in comparing 2013 and 2014 models side by side.
Old 12-24-2013, 09:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by R Harkness View Post

Wow. It's like capturing a photo of the Yeti!

Well done.

Are you waiting for it to be installed today?

I was going to ask that you report on the quality of the Intelligent Lens Aperture, which I think is the big question on everyone's mind. But I noticed from your earlier post: "My first projector ever."

Newbies strike again as the first to receive. smile.gif

Enjoy, should look awesome!

Yes! I'm most interested in the Intelligent Lens Aperture. In fact holding back on my purchase until I see how well it's implemented (fingers crossed).
Old 12-24-2013, 09:50 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOWK View Post

You're second buddy wink.gif already did my non owner user review... Remember. That's probably where you got the idea. biggrin.gif haha.

Didn't know or if it was more than 60 seconds ago but less than 10 years ago, I wouldn't remember. smile.gif

Do we agree on our I purely predictive impressions or is a full scale flame war needed in order to keep things going until something based on a shipping unit appears. I am game. smile.gif

Mark Haflich
markhaflich@yahoo.com

Tags
Sony Vpl Vw1000es Projector , Jvc Dla X900r , Jvc Dla X700r