Benq W9000 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 08-22-2013, 01:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Some of you may recall I needed a lot of help getting my JVC DLA-X35 up and running about a month ago. That is doing great now and so it's time to deal with my old Benq W9000.

The DLA-X35 replaced the Benq when it broke. Turned out the only problem with the Benq was a broken color wheel. After first getting a defective wheel a new one has arrived and is in the projector. The results are astounding. The picture is as beautifully clear as when the projector was new. Made me a touch unhappy to have spent all the money on the new JVC.........until a watched Avatar in 3D a couple day later !!

So now I've got this great Benq W9000 with a new color wheel and only 219 hours on the lamp and I'm trying to figure out what to do with it.

A friend would like it for setting up a basement kids theater so his grandchildren can watch movies when the come over. Seems like overkill and a humiliating use of a high end projector though. But he's a good friend so we talked about price. I thought the most I would ask of him for it and my old gray screen is $500.00.

I'd appreciate knowing if you folks think that is a fair number to a friend..........or too much or too little.

Thanks for the help.

BH
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-22-2013, 01:29 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Setup as a 2 projector system if you have the room. Use the BenQ for TV and sports and the JVC for movies.
I am using an Benq W6000 for TV and a Sony VW85 for movies and they do a great job.
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Jvc Dla X35 3d Hd Front Projector

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page