Digital Projection M-Vision Cine LED - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 157 Old 08-30-2013, 11:45 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Just got my projector and immediately set it up. This projector is nice. Sharpest picture I ever seen. The expensive lens helps. Very bright, seems much more than 600 lumens. Can't wait to try 3D. The VIP 3D Theater Plus can make this projector 3D with Rf glasses. I watched a couple of 2D blu rays and some things just stood out. Baraka looked much better than the RS48, I could see some noise with the JVC, not this projector. Put on Finding Nemo and Toy Story 3, best I seen it look. I remember when I had my RS55 and I thought it was so sharp and clear. This is a set above the JVCs. It says it gives 3 chip color from this single chip LED projector and the colors are beautiful. Its amazing how this thing took so long to sell in the classifieds. Lucky me. I'm watching HDTV and I swear it looks like I'm watching a blu ray, its that clear and sharp. Just this projector alone, I can understand the high price tag of $16K, but add the Darbee and its has to give a picture of a $20K+ projector.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 157 Old 08-30-2013, 11:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Liked: 166
Welcome to the wonderful world of DLP done right. smile.gif Now if I can only get Zombie to take a look at one to change his mind too. tongue.gif
post #3 of 157 Old 08-30-2013, 12:06 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seegs108 View Post

Welcome to the wonderful world of DLP done right. smile.gif Now if I can only get Zombie to take a look at one to change his mind too. tongue.gif

I have to admit, I disagreed with you so many times about DLPs. I was wrong, but even tho I disagreed, I wanted to see what you was talking about. I upgrade my projectors every 6 months it seems, now I can sit back and relax for the first time since I got into this hobby. And this projector is super quite. I really don't hear it at all. I still want a jvc but I will wait until people see an improvement from 2k to 4k.
post #4 of 157 Old 08-30-2013, 12:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 22
I saw recently a projection design LED and I was blown away by how sharp the image is.
post #5 of 157 Old 08-30-2013, 12:25 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Welcome to the 'other side' Blee, glad your enjoying it. I am sure the Mvision looks great, the Dvision D35 at CEDIA had amazing colour. Ah well, guess I'll have to wait a couple of years before a model with a few more lumens like a M150 or Dvision D35 turn up in the classifieds...

post #6 of 157 Old 08-30-2013, 12:50 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by space2001 View Post

I saw recently a projection design LED and I was blown away by how sharp the image is.

Me too and the color. So vivid
post #7 of 157 Old 08-30-2013, 12:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 27
How is the black level compared to a JVC?

The Mayans were full of sh*t!!!
post #8 of 157 Old 08-30-2013, 12:56 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danieledmunds View Post

Welcome to the 'other side' Blee, glad your enjoying it. I am sure the Mvision looks great, the Dvision D35 at CEDIA had amazing colour. Ah well, guess I'll have to wait a couple of years before a model with a few more lumens like a M150 or Dvision D35 turn up in the classifieds...

I seen reviews saying the M150 is better than the Sony 1000es. That must be nice. I seen so many reports stating how led projectors seem brighter than stated and it really does. I would say 12ftL may seem like 14ftL at least.
post #9 of 157 Old 08-30-2013, 01:04 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbw23air View Post

How is the black level compared to a JVC?

JVC has the black levels, of course. That's why I'm still getting one in 2 years when 4k is ready. Sharpness, color, clarity, and pop all goes to this projector. Plus, its 60,000+ hours with instant start up and shut down, its just great. Also, I did my samples. I liked the carada cw and jkp 1.1. Value is the carada. I didn't see and texture or sheen with the carada. I watched a little of under the sea in 2d and this projector just gave it a 3d look
post #10 of 157 Old 08-30-2013, 01:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 27
It's a shame they can't make a reasonably price projector that does everything well. I guess you always have to weigh what is most important to you.

I bet the picture on your new projector is fantastic for everything except those darkest of scenes with white highlights in them. I think you've chosen the right approach to get this projector now then get a UHD JVC later when they come out. You will have best of both worlds then.

Were you able to compare the carada bw as well?

Thank,
Mike

The Mayans were full of sh*t!!!
post #11 of 157 Old 08-30-2013, 01:46 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbw23air View Post

It's a shame they can't make a reasonably price projector that does everything well. I guess you always have to weigh what is most important to you.

I bet the picture on your new projector is fantastic for everything except those darkest of scenes with white highlights in them. I think you've chosen the right approach to get this projector now then get a UHD JVC later when they come out. You will have best of both worlds then.

Were you able to compare the carada bw as well?

Thank,
Mike

I did. I noticed some sheen in really bright scenes. Other than that, it was a tad bit brighter than the jkp 1.1. I preferred the jkp 1.1 overall but I might choose the carada if the jkp price is too high
post #12 of 157 Old 08-30-2013, 01:51 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked: 148
How does the brightness compare to your JVC?

Noah
post #13 of 157 Old 08-30-2013, 02:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seegs108 View Post

you guys are comparing a 16k projector with models that costs considerably less.. it better look sharp with great color for that much $$.... cool.gif

Would either of you fork out that much $$ if you didn't find a killer deal on these LED models? Why did you keep the Planar 8150 vs. the Nuvision?

All the reviews I read on the 750 and the clones said they were excellent with the exception of typical DLP black levels. This isn't going to work with the majority of content I watch, but I definitely see the virtues for HDTV and most regular BD content. No lamp worries is the best part.

very curious to hear how the VIP 3D setup works.
post #14 of 157 Old 08-30-2013, 03:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k View Post

you guys are comparing a 16k projector with models that costs considerably less.. it better look sharp with great color for that much $$.... cool.gif

Would either of you fork out that much $$ if you didn't find a killer deal on these LED models? Why did you keep the Planar 8150 vs. the Nuvision?

All the reviews I read on the 750 and the clones said they were excellent with the exception of typical DLP black levels. This isn't going to work with the majority of content I watch, but I definitely see the virtues for HDTV and most regular BD content. No lamp worries is the best part.

You can buy the Runco ls-1 for $4000 and it has the same lens options and light path but without the leds and a lamp instead. Image fidelity is basically the same minus some RBE and slightly less color saturation because oh the lamp/color wheel. The price premium is purely for the leds and r&d cost to slightly change the light path design and software to run the leds.
post #15 of 157 Old 08-30-2013, 03:35 PM
AVS Special Member

I'm curious why you kept the 8150 vs. the Nuvision? wasn't that model 100% identical to the CineLED?

I think you guys forget that I run 1 of 3 different projectors at any given time depending on what I'm watching. 2 of those are DLP's. I certainly appreciate the virtues of the DLP (do I not do enough bragging about it's 3D capabilities) but I'm a black level fiend who can't get enough and want JVC to improve even further than what they have now.

I'll definitely pick up one of the Planars or Runco's as soon as I find one.
post #16 of 157 Old 08-30-2013, 04:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Yeah it's the same projector but with a different chassis design. I kept the planar because it has a darker black floor, it's brighter, and has a better DI implementation, though the DI on the NuVision was no slouch either.
post #17 of 157 Old 08-30-2013, 04:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by blee0120 View Post

Just got my projector and immediately set it up. This projector is nice. Sharpest picture I ever seen. The expensive lens helps. Very bright, seems much more than 600 lumens. Can't wait to try 3D. The VIP 3D Theater Plus can make this projector 3D with Rf glasses. I watched a couple of 2D blu rays and some things just stood out. Baraka looked much better than the RS48, I could see some noise with the JVC, not this projector. Put on Finding Nemo and Toy Story 3, best I seen it look. I remember when I had my RS55 and I thought it was so sharp and clear. This is a set above the JVCs. It says it gives 3 chip color from this single chip LED projector and the colors are beautiful. Its amazing how this thing took so long to sell in the classifieds. Lucky me. I'm watching HDTV and I swear it looks like I'm watching a blu ray, its that clear and sharp. Just this projector alone, I can understand the high price tag of $16K, but add the Darbee and its has to give a picture of a $20K+ projector.

This dosent surprise me, last year I saw the runco q750 and the jvc rs 55 and aside from the black level the runco blew the jvc out of the water! And I owned the rs 55 too. I replaced it with the infocus 777 720p 3 chip dlp but I think the led is in my near future.

What size screen are you using?
post #18 of 157 Old 08-30-2013, 05:12 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultra 150 pilot View Post

This dosent surprise me, last year I saw the runco q750 and the jvc rs 55 and aside from the black level the runco blew the jvc out of the water! And I owned the rs 55 too. I replaced it with the infocus 777 720p 3 chip dlp but I think the led is in my near future.

What size screen are you using?

I heard those things, but didn't think it was true. Right now, I'm using an 80in carada CW. I'm moving up to a 110in when I move in 2 days
post #19 of 157 Old 08-30-2013, 05:15 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah katz View Post

How does the brightness compare to your JVC?

When I had my jvcs, I used a HP screen, so I can't really judge from that now. I wouldn't way its a big difference even tho this projector is between 500-600 lumens
post #20 of 157 Old 08-30-2013, 05:22 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I can't wait to try the 3D too. I know how much you like the Sharp because you don't have to use DLP Link, which is one of the main reasons I started to notice my Benq 3D flaws. Its a good think i never saw one of these because I would have been pissed that I couldn't afford one. I love deep blacks too, and another jvc is in my near future. A 3 projector setup is perfect, and this projector takes two of those requirements off my list.
post #21 of 157 Old 08-30-2013, 05:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 36
blee0120 >>> Glad you joined our group of very satisfied owners of one of the "LED clones", as i like to call them.
I wasn't aware the Digital Projection M-Vision Cine LED does 3D or are you implying that by using a VIP 3D Theater Plus processor it will give a pseudo-3D effect using the necessary glasses ?
I agree with you on the sharpness of video content that these top-of-the-line LED projectors provide and that HD cable broadcasts of current movies are hard to discern from their blu ray counterparts and as far as noise introduced by the projector itself i have never noticed it, but it is those LED colors that to this day still mesmerize me since my first purchase of a portable LG LED projector about 4 years ago : often times i literally feel the need to pause an image onscreen just so the color cones in my retina may better appreciate and understand a certain shade/hue/saturation/depth of color that they have never been exposed to beforehand. I realize that may seem over-the-top but coming from colors provided by CRT projectors it was an eye opening experience that continues to this day.
Also, just like you, i love what the Darblet video processor does connected to my Runco Q-750D : it brings an extra layer of detail and contrast enhancement that gives some movies an almost 3D effect ("Avatar") and what is does during close-ups of human faces is almost scary and unwanted : i have never seen so many movie stars with such poor skin, specifically make-up covered skin blemishes like zits and enlarged pores (very common), facial lines, hair, wrinkles, sun marks, etc, etc.
Yeap, it's almost scary and those are the times i wish my combo wasn't so revealing !
Marcos
post #22 of 157 Old 08-30-2013, 05:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blee0120 View Post

I can't wait to try the 3D too. I know how much you like the Sharp because you don't have to use DLP Link, which is one of the main reasons I started to notice my Benq 3D flaws. Its a good think i never saw one of these because I would have been pissed that I couldn't afford one. I love deep blacks too, and another jvc is in my near future. A 3 projector setup is perfect, and this projector takes two of those requirements off my list.

I just picked up a Planar 8130 so I can see the .95 DLP next to the other projectors + the .65 Sharp.

Is this the box you are using?

http://www.3d-vip.com/#!3d-theatre-/c33e

I've read about it briefly, but how exactly does it work? What are the caveats on a projector that wasn't designed for 3D?

I see the MV3D RF transmitter in the guide. If this works well for you, I would definitely try this on the 8130.
post #23 of 157 Old 08-30-2013, 05:39 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCaugusto View Post

blee0120 >>> Glad you joined our group of very satisfied owners of one of the "LED clones", as i like to call them.
I wasn't aware the Digital Projection M-Vision Cine LED does 3D or are you implying that by using a VIP 3D Theater Plus processor it will give a pseudo-3D effect using the necessary glasses ?
I agree with you on the sharpness of video content that these top-of-the-line LED projectors provide and that HD cable broadcasts of current movies are hard to discern from their blu ray counterparts and as far as noise introduced by the projector itself i have never noticed it, but it is those LED colors that to this day still mesmerize me since my first purchase of a portable LG LED projector about 4 years ago : often times i literally feel the need to pause an image onscreen just so the color cones in my retina may better appreciate and understand a certain shade/hue/saturation/depth of color that they have never been exposed to beforehand. I realize that may seem over-the-top but coming from colors provided by CRT projectors it was an eye opening experience that continues to this day.
Also, just like you, i love what the Darblet video processor does connected to my Runco Q-750D : it brings an extra layer of detail and contrast enhancement that gives some movies an almost 3D effect ("Avatar") and what is does during close-ups of human faces is almost scary and unwanted : i have never seen so many movie stars with such poor skin, specifically make-up covered skin blemishes like zits and enlarged pores (very common), facial lines, hair, wrinkles, sun marks, etc, etc.
Yeap, it's almost scary and those are the times i wish my combo wasn't so revealing !
Marcos

This projector is high end and exceeds its value, or at least what I paid for it. I was saying I'm trying out the 3D VIP Theatre Plus. It adds 3D to 2D only projectors. I'm going to see how some of my fav scenes pop out
post #24 of 157 Old 08-30-2013, 05:42 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I just picked up a Planar 8130 so I can see the .95 DLP next to the other projectors + the .65 Sharp.

I've read about it briefly, but how exactly does it work? What are the caveats on a projector that wasn't designed for 3D?

I see the MV3D RF transmitter in the guide. If this works well for you, I would definitely try this on the 8130.

Im curious too, its new. Came out this July. Ill put it through some 3D tests.
post #25 of 157 Old 08-30-2013, 05:45 PM
AVS Special Member

good news, can't wait to hear more info. You already know what good, crosstalk free 3D looks like from the W7000.

when you get a chance, can you check the color space? I'm curious to see where the primaries and secondaries land on the charts.
post #26 of 157 Old 08-30-2013, 05:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 143
The LS-5 is about 400-500 lumens in eco mode in best calibrated mode. The brightness of the lamp is the one downer to this projector, it also lacks FI (not that anyone cares), and because it is only 60hz it cannot do 5:5 pulldown (it displays 24p at 48hz).

I don't know for sure as I have never seen an LS-1, but isn't the LS-1 DC-2 with a lesser DMD and has lower brightness? (all online sources claim the LS-1 is pretty DIM)

The LS-5 is good if you get it at the correct price. The problems is, they are getting harder and harder to find used at a decent price, probably partly due to forum chatter and people bidding on them more often now, and most people don't want to pay $3000 to $6000 for a used projector.

So for all this talk about "Hey get a Runco", it really is still something of a wild man's dream to get one at a good price. It's really not even an option for most people unless you want to watch Ebay for 2+ years. I had a chance to buy one in person at around $4,500, but I passed.

Quick and Easy Shelf Mount Method for both one projector or dual stacks

Web Calculator v023 & v025
- Quick Peak at the new upcoming calculator
**Current Projector Calculator** -- http://www.eliteprojectorcalculator.com

Coder's Top Projector Picks of 2012 --http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread....

post #27 of 157 Old 08-30-2013, 06:34 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

good news, can't wait to hear more info. You already know what good, crosstalk free 3D looks like from the W7000.

when you get a chance, can you check the color space? I'm curious to see where the primaries and secondaries land on the charts.

I will, too bad I work tonight. I was about to purchase the Optoma 25 for $1000 but the 3D VIP Theatre Plus is just $400 with emitter and 1 pair of Rf glasses. If 3D looks as good as 2D, I'm gonna be re-watching all my 3D. I liked the JVC 3D but its gave me so much eye fatigue, I would barely finish a movie. The Benq W7000 and W1070 was very easy on the eyes, I just hope it works out as I hope. I would love to turn this projector into a 3D projector.
post #28 of 157 Old 08-30-2013, 08:21 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Liked: 372
Quote:

Get out the popcorn. I think this is getting interesting and I think some people will be surprised. smile.gif

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com
Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/ 
Call for B-stock projectors
Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI & many more.
Klipsch, RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Technology, MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech.
post #29 of 157 Old 08-30-2013, 11:59 PM
AVS Special Member

it looks like the default color space is huge on these LED projectors..!

Vivitek%20LED%20%20CIE%20Chart%20native.jpg

The Rec 709 setting looks a lot closer to what we'd expect for Bluray content. Cyan is still off by a good bit.

Vivitek%20LED%20%20CIE%20Chart%20709%20709.jpg

Cine4home wrote extensive reviews on the 750 clones and the Planar 8150/8130. He measured both with very similar native contrast @ ~2700:1. (no BC on the planar)

the led models use the light dimming to achieve a dynamic contrast of ~10,500:1 in it's lowest setting which is similar to the mechanical iris performance on the Planar 81xx series. Regarding a comparison of the 2 techniques, my interpretation is that the LED model had some noticeable pumping in tricky APL scene whereas the Planar was more subtle.

Since I darkened my room, I noticed the pumping on the Epson 6020 was distracting, I had to turn it off. I wonder where the LED model would fall in this category of being noticeable in my setup? Oblivion is a great movie to give a DI a workout.
post #30 of 157 Old 08-31-2013, 12:17 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Can wait to watch that movie. Since I sold the RS48, I have been collecting movies. As soon as I velvet my room and get my screen, I'm gonna be watching all my movies. Until then, its sports and hdtv.
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page