4K OR NOT 4K - Page 6 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 12-18-2013, 02:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
While, 2k resolution may sound adequate for motion picture watching, there are people who would be more than happy to watch their still photos projected on a screen just like the old times when people were using slide projection. I find 1080p projectors seriously lack in resolution for still images even on a 100" screen size. I think 4k (and even possibly 8k resolution for larger screens) would certainly be beneficial.

So yes, I am looking forward to 4k projectors becoming affordable for masses. One problem I notice here is that I feel like manufacturers are lazy to improve their projectors particularly to move up to 4k. Considering the projection is a niche market which has to compete with much more convenient product such as TV (and soon personal media viewers), I am getting the impression that there is a chance projection market may further fail and break if manufacturers stop being ultra conservative in new technology developments which at the end is no good for either them or consumers. It's like still cameras which may become a thing of the past within a few years mainly due to the fierce competition from smart phones but also partially because camera manufacturers keep playing ultra conservative.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
Sony Vpl Vw1000es Projector
Gear in this thread