Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1437 Post(s)
Liked: 1713
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougdude9 View Post

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougdude9 View Post

This probably the wrong thread, but I'm not sure where else to go. I have the Epson 5030ub. The place that installed it for me I noticed didn't have the projector square to the screen. So the left side of the image was slightly larger than the right. I was able to move the projector so it would be square and then barely use lens shift to get it back in place. So now at least the image size is correct. However, my problem is that the projector is tilted a bit. The left side is slightly higher than the right. I can hold the projector and straighten it out and it lines up absolutely perfect with my screen!... this is great... however, as soon as I let go, it goes back to being slightly off with the left side being higher than the right.

So, here is what I know which is not much. They used some Chief mount. The problem is I know nothing about this mount and how it works. The model number of the mount is RPAUW with the CMS003W extension column and the CMS101w designer plate.

Anyone here know how I can tilt my projector? I'm a wuss and don't won't to screw anything up.

Thanks,
Doug

Sounds like you need to adjust the "roll" - just need a Philips screwdriver to adjust.
Page 7 of the manual - Manual is here: http://downloads.chiefmfg.com/MANUALS-I/RPA-I.pdf

Ahhh... maybe that is why I was having a difficult time. I wasn't doing the roll. I was adjusting the pitch. I guess I don't understand the difference between pitch and roll. I looked like to me in the manual if I wanted to raise the right side of the projector ever so slightly, that would be the pitch. It has those arrows on the right and left side of the projector on the pitch section. But maybe it is the roll I need in order to raise the right side just a bit.

Doug D.

Here's a neat diagram that shows the difference between pitch, roll and yaw, all of which need to be right for perfect picture geometry/alignment and all of which, to some extent, are dependent on each other. So adjusting one often means you need to go back and adjust another, rinsing and repeating until it all clicks into place.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3242 of 3562 Old 05-31-2014, 09:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Found a moving example on it:

http://howthingsfly.si.edu/flight-dynamics/roll-pitch-and-yaw
kbarnes701 likes this.
post #3243 of 3562 Old 05-31-2014, 09:18 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ay221 View Post

Found a moving example on it:

http://howthingsfly.si.edu/flight-dynamics/roll-pitch-and-yaw

Cool!

post #3244 of 3562 Old 06-01-2014, 01:58 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey all,
So ok, I found that I need to select "fast" instead of "fine" if I'm playing a game. I haven't tried yet, but I have a game or 2 that is capable of 3D. So, with that said, will I not be able to play these games in their 3D glory because I will have way too much input lag? I did notice that the option to change to "fast" isn't an option when in 3D mode.

Curious if any of you have tried 3D games or what you may have to do to reduce input lag in 3D.

Thanks,
Doug D.
post #3245 of 3562 Old 06-01-2014, 07:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 526 Post(s)
Liked: 549
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbarnes701 View Post

Good point. So can the bulb not be damaged by movement while it is lit?
Well hot glass might be more fragile, I'm not sure.
post #3246 of 3562 Old 06-02-2014, 03:03 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbarnes701 View Post

Good point. So can the bulb not be damaged by movement while it is lit?
Well hot glass might be more fragile, I'm not sure.

The reason I ask is that the usual advice is never to knock or move the PJ while the lamp is lit, filament or no filament, and I was wondering why.  Maybe it is the extreme temperature that the glass reaches that is the problem as you say.

post #3247 of 3562 Old 06-02-2014, 07:43 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 292 Post(s)
Liked: 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougdude9 View Post

This probably the wrong thread, but I'm not sure where else to go. I have the Epson 5030ub. The place that installed it for me I noticed didn't have the projector square to the screen. So the left side of the image was slightly larger than the right. I was able to move the projector so it would be square and then barely use lens shift to get it back in place. So now at least the image size is correct. However, my problem is that the projector is tilted a bit. The left side is slightly higher than the right. I can hold the projector and straighten it out and it lines up absolutely perfect with my screen!... this is great... however, as soon as I let go, it goes back to being slightly off with the left side being higher than the right.

So, here is what I know which is not much. They used some Chief mount. The problem is I know nothing about this mount and how it works. The model number of the mount is RPAUW with the CMS003W extension column and the CMS101w designer plate.

Anyone here know how I can tilt my projector? I'm a wuss and don't won't to screw anything up.

Thanks,
Doug

As others said, the mount just needs to be adjusted. I usually specify the Chief RPA168 mount for this projector. It has the custom plate for the Epson and holds the projector more rigid than the RPAU. They cost the same, but when you switch to a different brand of projector, you would be required to buy a new custom plate.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me:

Brands we sell: 

Call for B-stock projectors
Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon & many more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Technology, MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech.
post #3248 of 3562 Old 06-03-2014, 08:59 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Hey all,
So ok, I found that I need to select "fast" instead of "fine" if I'm playing a game. I haven't tried yet, but I have a game or 2 that is capable of 3D. So, with that said, will I not be able to play these games in their 3D glory because I will have way too much input lag? I did notice that the option to change to "fast" isn't an option when in 3D mode.

Curious if any of you have tried 3D games or what you may have to do to reduce input lag in 3D.

Thanks,
Doug D.

Anyone know what the input lag is while in 3D mode? I have search and searched and all I can find is the data for input lag when in 2D with it set to "FINE" and "FAST" Frame interpolation apparently adds some lag too. Anyway, still looking to find what the lag times are in 3D.

Thanks,
Doug D.
post #3249 of 3562 Old 06-04-2014, 05:42 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Does anyone know when Epson will announce their new projectors? Successor to the 5030ub?

post #3250 of 3562 Old 06-04-2014, 08:59 PM

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 57
They will probably debut at CEDIA (trade show) in September in Denver.

post #3251 of 3562 Old 06-05-2014, 11:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Location: In my home theater ( when I'm not rock climbing, cycling or kayaking ) - Sacramento CA area
Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkeeler10 View Post

They will probably debut at CEDIA (trade show) in September in Denver.

Yes, this is where and when we will see new projectors - September 11th - 14th.

Craig Peer, AV Science Sales. Direct Line - 585-671-2972
I'm available 8:30am - 4:30pm PST, Monday - Friday Email me at

Yes, we sell Home Theater gear right here at AVS !!
JVC, Sony, Epson, DPI, SV Sound, Martin Logan, RBH, Klipsch, and many more!
post #3252 of 3562 Old 06-05-2014, 11:57 AM
Bass Enabler

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 483 Post(s)
Liked: 814
Sweet! I hope they do.

I am going to CEDIA for my first time this year. I'm excited to finally go to a show that is ALL about home theater. smile.gif

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast (may contain NSFW language)

- direct pod link

- main website

post #3253 of 3562 Old 06-05-2014, 12:31 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 292 Post(s)
Liked: 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian View Post

Sweet! I hope they do.

I am going to CEDIA for my first time this year. I'm excited to finally go to a show that is ALL about home theater. smile.gif

Scott, we have talked so much on the forum, it will be good to finally meet you. smile.gif

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me:

Brands we sell: 

Call for B-stock projectors
Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon & many more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Technology, MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech.
post #3254 of 3562 Old 06-05-2014, 01:54 PM
Bass Enabler

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV Science Sales 5 View Post

Scott, we have talked so much on the forum, it will be good to finally meet you. smile.gif

I would love that. smile.gif

Not sure exactly which days I will be there. I think the registration for it opened this week. I'll let you know. smile.gif

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast (may contain NSFW language)

- direct pod link

- main website

post #3255 of 3562 Old 06-05-2014, 04:04 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 44
At the rate I'm going with my build the new models may be what I end up with. So I suppose the silver lining to me taking so long to get this done would be a better line of Projector! I guess I'm ok with that smile.gif

Link to my build
post #3256 of 3562 Old 06-06-2014, 01:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: In my home theater ( when I'm not rock climbing, cycling or kayaking ) - Sacramento CA area
Quote:
Originally Posted by gec5741 View Post

At the rate I'm going with my build the new models may be what I end up with. So I suppose the silver lining to me taking so long to get this done would be a better line of Projector! I guess I'm ok with that smile.gif

That and considering when the new models are actually available, you'll have yourself a nice Christmas ( or Chanukkah ) present !!smile.gif

post #3257 of 3562 Old 06-06-2014, 03:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguyjake View Post

Does anyone know when Epson will announce their new projectors? Successor to the 5030ub?

Any rumors of what changes might be coming? Would love power zoom and focus and lens memory for switching between 16:9 and 2.35:1
post #3258 of 3562 Old 06-06-2014, 03:30 PM
Bass Enabler

Same here.

Probably have to wait til September before any meaty details come about.

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

- direct pod link

- main website

post #3259 of 3562 Old 06-06-2014, 04:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian View Post

Same here.

Probably have to wait til September before any meaty details come about.

You'll need to wait until the week of Cedia!

post #3260 of 3562 Old 06-06-2014, 04:19 PM
Bass Enabler

Cedia is in September. tongue.gif

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

- direct pod link

- main website

post #3261 of 3562 Old 06-07-2014, 06:31 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 15
The side of my 5030 gets really hot during use.... is this normal?
post #3262 of 3562 Old 06-07-2014, 06:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by trolly View Post

Yes, one side draws in cool air and the other side vents hot air. As long as you're not restricting the airflow to the vents it sounds normal.
post #3263 of 3562 Old 06-07-2014, 07:26 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by kriktsemaj99 View Post

Yes, one side draws in cool air and the other side vents hot air. As long as you're not restricting the airflow to the vents it sounds normal.

Thank you. I felt the side of the demo 5030 at my local Best Buy that stays on throughout the day and it didn't seem to be as hot as my unit gets.
post #3264 of 3562 Old 06-07-2014, 08:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Liked: 327
Quote:

I've seen several 5030's, they were all the same way, the area where the lamp door is gets very warm. same on the 5020 and older 5010 models. As long as there is proper airflow around it, it should be ok. It's a little alarming at first though.

post #3265 of 3562 Old 06-07-2014, 09:14 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:

'
You don't have your location indicated. If you are above 1500m, you should have the high altitude setting enabled - it runs the fan faster to compensate for the thinner air.
post #3266 of 3562 Old 06-07-2014, 09:58 AM

Liked: 13
Hello Everyone,

I posted this in the Epson 6030 thread but have not received a reply. I think this thread see more action. This is just a quick question about what HDMI cable to buy.

I am totally new to this aspect of home theater and this projector and screen combo will be my first set-up of this type. I am coming from a 60" Pioneer Kuro and moving to an Epson 6030UB projector with a 113" fixed Black Diamond screen. Where my future projector will be placed, I will need about a 30 foot HDMI cable and the one I was looking at was the Blue Jeans BJC Series 1. I emailed the company and they said it is there most reliable HDMI cable for longer runs. Now I was looking at some pictures of the ceiling mounted Epson 6030, and how the cables bend in for a clean and organized look and I am wondering if that Blue Jeans cable will be able to bend like that. The customer service guy did say that 23 AWG is a little stiff. I have no idea if it will work and don't want to spend money on something that won't work. I was also thinking about the Monoprice RedMere HDMI cable but then read about signal drop out issues.
Can someone please tell me what HDMI cable they are using?
Thank you for your help.

Paul
post #3267 of 3562 Old 06-07-2014, 10:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 20
I am using a monoprice 35 foot 22awg cable. No problems using this cable with 4 different Pj's in the last 8 years.
post #3268 of 3562 Old 06-07-2014, 10:44 AM
TL5
Advanced Member

Liked: 17
Monster cable makes these little swivel Hdmi adapters that work really well with the thicker cables.
post #3269 of 3562 Old 06-07-2014, 03:07 PM

Liked: 13
^^^
Thanks guys, I appreciate your help. If 22 AWG is still flexible then the Blue Jeans 23.5 AWG cable should be fine. And if not, then I might just get a couple of those Monster Cable swivel adapters. (I didn't know that stuff even existed.) This is all still new to me and your knowledge is an asset. Thank you.
post #3270 of 3562 Old 06-07-2014, 05:42 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Another new owner of this fine projector! I'm pumped to get home from my trip to get it all set up. Got a pretty good deal from ABT electronics. They were a pleasure to work with and had me in and out in no time. MASSIVE store with a lot of top of the line stuff to play with. Definitely recommended!

willymo likes this.
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Epson 5030ub 2d 3d 1080p 3lcd Projector
Gear in this thread - 5030ub by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page