Official Epson EH-TW 9200 5030UB Owners' Thread - Page 113 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
Thread Tools
post #3361 of 3376 Unread 07-02-2014, 09:14 AM
Member
 
dougdude9's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 90
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by aircan View Post
Please anybody, I'm really trying to find out if my projector has something wrong.
Hey aircan... I'm no pro and know very little when it comes to 3D, but I thought I would throw something out there. Are you playing it through a ps3 or ps4? If so I think there is something in the settings called 3D screen size or maybe just screen size. You might check that. I have a 95" screen and I set the size to 85 as recommended on some post I saw. I haven't had a problem. I'm pretty sure it was on the ps3 unless it is an option on the projector.

Hope this helps!

EDIT: I just checked and it looks like most blu-ray players have this screen size setting. I would start there in your troubleshooting!

Doug D.

Last edited by dougdude9; 07-02-2014 at 09:23 AM.
dougdude9 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3362 of 3376 Unread 07-03-2014, 08:22 AM
Newbie
 
aircan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougdude9 View Post
Hey aircan... I'm no pro and know very little when it comes to 3D, but I thought I would throw something out there. Are you playing it through a ps3 or ps4? If so I think there is something in the settings called 3D screen size or maybe just screen size. You might check that. I have a 95" screen and I set the size to 85 as recommended on some post I saw. I haven't had a problem. I'm pretty sure it was on the ps3 unless it is an option on the projector.

Hope this helps!

EDIT: I just checked and it looks like most blu-ray players have this screen size setting. I would start there in your troubleshooting!

Doug D.
Thanks Doug, I don't think the problem I have has to do with the screen size it's more when I crank up or down the 3d depth that those bars appear on each side, but that particular movie had the bars even when at 0, I watched other movies and they didn't have any bars so I guess it's probably that particular movie (Gamers) that has a problem, but I still find it odd that this 3D depth feature when adjusted to minus or plus will create those bars, basically this feature is useless or I have a problem with my projector, so far nobody seem to have tried it to verify my observations hopefully somebody will confirm.


Thanks again
aircan is offline  
post #3363 of 3376 Unread 07-03-2014, 03:49 PM
Member
 
smithysmythe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 158
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by aircan View Post
Thanks Doug, I don't think the problem I have has to do with the screen size it's more when I crank up or down the 3d depth that those bars appear on each side, but that particular movie had the bars even when at 0, I watched other movies and they didn't have any bars so I guess it's probably that particular movie (Gamers) that has a problem, but I still find it odd that this 3D depth feature when adjusted to minus or plus will create those bars, basically this feature is useless or I have a problem with my projector, so far nobody seem to have tried it to verify my observations hopefully somebody will confirm.


Thanks again
I don't see them at 0 or 1, but I sometimes see them at 2 or higher, or minus 2 or lower. I think it is content sensitive as well as different 3d players might contribute in some way. I do not get a solid 3d experience without having to shift the 3d depth several times on the Epson and it is a bit frustrating. But is my projector malfunctioning? I don't know, how do I know?
smithysmythe is offline  
post #3364 of 3376 Unread 07-05-2014, 02:54 PM
Senior Member
 
quenthal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Arctic Circle, Finland
Posts: 299
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Fan noise

Is fan noise dependent of lamp mode and/or cinema/living room -modes? I.e. can one use living room -mode with eco lamp and get quite silent Epson?
quenthal is offline  
post #3365 of 3376 Unread 07-05-2014, 11:56 PM
Member
 
Cyberathlete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 89
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 15
So this happened today. Was watching a movie and everything was fine. Came back down after dinner and saw these blue lines on the right half of the screen.
I tested everything, After removing the HDMI cable from the projector it became evident the issue lies with the projector itself since the blue lines would still show on screen even when nothing but the power cable was connected to the projector. Sigh.

Cyberathlete is offline  
post #3366 of 3376 Unread 07-07-2014, 04:33 PM
Member
 
Cyberathlete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 89
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 15
So this thread is pretty dead now eh?
Cyberathlete is offline  
post #3367 of 3376 Unread 07-08-2014, 03:25 AM
Member
 
smithysmythe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 158
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberathlete View Post
So this thread is pretty dead now eh?
Seems like it doesn't it?
smithysmythe is offline  
post #3368 of 3376 Unread 07-08-2014, 09:05 PM
AVS Special Member
 
WynsWrld98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Puyallup, WA
Posts: 2,462
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 20
People probably waiting for next round of Epson projectors likely announced at CEDIA in September... My warranty on my 6010 is up 2/2015 so I'm watching things closely to see what's coming for likely 5040/6040...
WynsWrld98 is online now  
post #3369 of 3376 Unread Yesterday, 02:32 AM
Advanced Member
 
milacqua's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Texas
Posts: 511
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Last week my 6500ub was destroyed in a lightening strike (along with a bunch of other electronics) and the insurance guy came out a couple days ago to do the assessment. I have to wait a couple weeks before the adjuster calls me with the decision to repair or replace the projector. I am pretty sure from what the appraiser said it will be replaced and I am shooting for either the 5030 or 6030, however, they probably will not buy that due to the 3D capability. Although Epson will probably introduce new projectors at CEDIA, when do you think they will actually be going on sale? I can wait until September I suppose, maybe even October if the upgrade over the 5030 is significant. Does anyone have any idea when they would be available for sale and what the new projectors will be and contain?

shortspark
milacqua is offline  
post #3370 of 3376 Unread Yesterday, 05:33 AM
AVS Special Member
 
kriktsemaj99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 5,850
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by milacqua View Post
...Although Epson will probably introduce new projectors at CEDIA, when do you think they will actually be going on sale? I can wait until September I suppose, maybe even October if the upgrade over the 5030 is significant. Does anyone have any idea when they would be available for sale and what the new projectors will be and contain?

I pre-ordered my 5030 and got it in early November. So it usually takes a while after CEDIA for the new models to hit the streets.
kriktsemaj99 is offline  
post #3371 of 3376 Unread Yesterday, 05:38 AM
Advanced Member
 
milacqua's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Texas
Posts: 511
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kriktsemaj99 View Post
I pre-ordered my 5030 and got it in early November. So it usually takes a while after CEDIA for the new models to hit the streets.
Yea, that is what I thought. Depending on how much the insurance company gives me I guess I will just buy what is available at the time. Maybe the 5030/6030 will be discounted by then.

shortspark
milacqua is offline  
post #3372 of 3376 Unread Yesterday, 06:40 AM
Advanced Member
 
Keith Mickunas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Wylie, TX, USA
Posts: 689
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 52
milacqua, I've been following this thread from it's beginning and as I recall it took quite some time before there was a lot of inventory of the 5030UB, and I don't believe the 5020UB was widely available or selling at much below list. Now the 6020 and 5020UBe were seeing some significant discounts compared to their normal list price. In fact I think the 5020UBe was occasionally found cheaper than the 5020UB list price. If you go back and read the first few hundred posts of this thread (I know, that's a lot to go through) you'll see what I mean.

So the long and short of it is I don't think you can rely on the 5030UB being found at a significant discount anytime soon, and definitely not in September. In fact there may be no excess inventory of it when the new version arrives.

Download my IR hex codes for the Denon AVR-4810ci and other Denon receivers here.
For Logitech Harmony support, ask Logitech for the Denon receiver in the account kmickunas.

Keith Mickunas is offline  
post #3373 of 3376 Unread Yesterday, 08:54 AM
Senior Member
 
gec5741's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chcago
Posts: 384
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 29
yea I'm in the middle of my build. But i'm taking it slow so I truely may not be in the market till sometime around xmas or so. I've been following this thread since the beginning since originally I had planned to get the 5020ub, then for sure I was planning to get the 5030ub. So now I guess I'm planning on getting the 5040ub (if they follow the same naming convention). And I also do not remember seeing the 5020ub go down much in price after the new models hit the streets.
gec5741 is offline  
post #3374 of 3376 Unread Yesterday, 11:38 AM
Advanced Member
 
milacqua's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Texas
Posts: 511
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
From what you say Keith, I'll probably have to bite the bullet and pay what they are asking. Of course, exactly what I get depends on the insurance settlement. I still have to fork over $1900 of my money due to deductibles no matter what.

shortspark
milacqua is offline  
post #3375 of 3376 Unread Yesterday, 12:57 PM
Senior Member
 
dfwald's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 299
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'll be buying a 5030UB soon to put in a dedicated media room with no windows and controllable light. I don't have the time to read all the threads here so can someone please summarize up what settings I should set it too for most accurate picture? I plan on using it in Eco mode. It will be just over 10 feet from a 1.3 gain screen so Eco should be bright enough plus the added benefit of longer bulb life. I want as accurate skin and other colors as possible. Can anyone help?
dfwald is offline  
post #3376 of 3376 Unread Yesterday, 01:28 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Craig Peer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: In my home theater ( when I'm not rock climbing or kayaking )
Posts: 4,709
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfwald View Post
I'll be buying a 5030UB soon to put in a dedicated media room with no windows and controllable light. I don't have the time to read all the threads here so can someone please summarize up what settings I should set it too for most accurate picture? I plan on using it in Eco mode. It will be just over 10 feet from a 1.3 gain screen so Eco should be bright enough plus the added benefit of longer bulb life. I want as accurate skin and other colors as possible. Can anyone help?

Have you read the write up at Projector Reviews ? They have some good info on various settings. Worth a read.


http://www.projectorreviews.com/epso...jector-review/

Craig Peer, AV Science Sales. Direct Line - 585-671-2972
I'm available 8:30am - 4:30pm PST, Monday - Friday Email me at craig@avscience.com
http://shop.avscience.com/
Yes, we sell Home Theater gear right here at AVS !!
JVC, Sony, Epson, DPI, SV Sound, Martin Logan, RBH, Klipsch, and many more!
Craig Peer is offline  
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Epson 5030ub 2d 3d 1080p 3lcd Projector
Gear in this thread



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off