Official Epson EH-TW 9200 5030UB Owners' Thread - Page 119 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #3541 of 3550 Old 09-17-2014, 02:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I live in Europa and I ahve made the update. I also have a darbee and previously owned a sony hw50es, so I know very well the reality creation.

The new "super resolution" is NOT at all like the darbee because it sharpens the whole picture...and the noise in it: exactly like the reality creation from sony (maybe a bit less than the RC that I could not really use on the sony because even on 1, the noise from a blu-ray source was always too much amplified).

I did a lot of comparisons with darbee on and off and the "super resolution V2" on 1 to 5, and I must say that both are really complementary.

I use the darbee on 40% and the super resolution on level 2. Already with 3 is the noise in the picture too noticeable (like RC on 1...).

I like the result very much! However even if I am thankfull to epson to have emproved the "super resolution", I think it is sad they did not propose a new menu for it like they actually did on the new epson 6600...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3542 of 3550 Old 09-17-2014, 03:03 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulnight View Post
I live in Europa and I ahve made the update. I also have a darbee and previously owned a sony hw50es, so I know very well the reality creation.

The new "super resolution" is NOT at all like the darbee because it sharpens the whole picture...and the noise in it: exactly like the reality creation from sony (maybe a bit less than the RC that I could not really use on the sony because even on 1, the noise from a blu-ray source was always too much amplified).

I did a lot of comparisons with darbee on and off and the "super resolution V2" on 1 to 5, and I must say that both are really complementary.

I use the darbee on 40% and the super resolution on level 2. Already with 3 is the noise in the picture too noticeable (like RC on 1...).

I like the result very much! However even if I am thankfull to epson to have emproved the "super resolution", I think it is sad they did not propose a new menu for it like they actually did on the new epson 6600...
that's good to know I don't have a darbee but was going to get one, I watched 2 movies last night one was a an animated one for kids and I had SR on 3 and it looked really good no noise at all and super sharp I only saw ringing in the picture twice in 3 hours but I do sit over 4.5m from a 120'' screen. I do believe if you sit close you would want to back it off a bit. Overall I think it has added a lot to the PQ it just looks better to me, think i will still grab a darbee soon and do more testing, cheers.
post #3543 of 3550 Old 09-17-2014, 06:00 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulnight View Post

Doesn't seem a US update has been released. I tried to register my projector online, but it wouldn't recognize the SN. I called Epson and got no where after 30 minutes and also the call center person told me they don't recommend the update. What?
climber07 likes this.
post #3544 of 3550 Old 09-17-2014, 06:47 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Well great, now I have the flashing power and temp lights. I've tried starting it about 5 times tonight and each time it goes to full speed on the fan almost immediately, the lights start blinking, then the shutter closes, and about a minute later the fan stops. I'm getting another replacement. My original projector, which I set up in June, had dust blobs, so I got this one. Seems like a pretty high failure rate for these things, I know I'm not the first to go through multiple projectors.

Download my IR hex codes for the Denon AVR-4810ci and other Denon receivers
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
For Logitech Harmony support, ask Logitech for the Denon receiver in the account kmickunas.

post #3545 of 3550 Old Yesterday, 03:09 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I have been following this thread and the 6030 thread as well. Of the Epsons, I have owned the 6500 and now the 6030. Up until the 6030, I installed all my projectors myself. There seems to be a few more problems associated with the 5030, or maybe that is because there are probably many more 5030s sold than 6030s. As an example, there are 119 pages to this thread but only a dozen or so pages for the 6030 thread. But for whatever reason, more people have complaints like yours whereas the complaints with the 6030 are few and far between.

Although the two projectors are virtually the same, I wonder if it has anything to do with the build quality itself and the quality control Epson puts in the 6030? I say that because the dealers these are sold through would not tolerate having to go back to their customers time and again (especially in my case since I live 40 miles from my dealer). Maybe it has something to do with the professional installation process and set up the dealers go through. The main reason I went with the 6030 over the 5030 was because the dealer offered a very good price on installation and has an excellent reputation in the area. I am glad I used this dealer because I was very happy with their work and professionalism - and the projector reflects that. I wonder if anyone has taken both of these projectors side by side to look for any possible differences in actual quality and build factors?

shortspark
post #3546 of 3550 Old Yesterday, 10:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Here's PC's take on the update comparing one 6030 with it against another without it. PC gives the update two thumbs up.

http://www.projectorcentral.com/cedia_2014.htm?em
post #3547 of 3550 Old Yesterday, 12:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deja Vu View Post
Here's PC's take on the update comparing one 6030 with it against another without it. PC gives the update two thumbs up.

http://www.projectorcentral.com/cedia_2014.htm?em
from the site......

"Epson also unveiled a surprising firmware update to the Pro Cinema 6030 and Home Cinema 5030 and 4030. We've got this update in house, and we've been looking at twin 6030's, one with it and one without it. And bottom line, this firmware enhancement produces an obvious (some might say startling) improvement in image quality; detail shows markedly better definition, and contrast appears to be increased in the mid-tones. Rarely does a firmware update produce such a momentous improvement in image quality. This update should be available next month. Epson is currently working out details as to how current owners of the 4030, 5030 and 6030 will be able to avail themselves of the update, so we will report that information here when available. If you own one of these models, this firmware upgrade is one you won't want to pass up."

Epson Pro Cinema 6030 | OPPO BDP - 103 | Pioneer Elite VSX 70 | Definitive Technology PM 1000 (L/R) | PC 2000 (C) | SR8040BP's (7.1) | Rythmik LV12R | Carada Criterion Brilliant White 118" | URC MX 780 & MRF 350 | ATS Acoustic Panels | Sanus AV Rack | DirecTv | Roku 2 | Monoprice 12AWG |
post #3548 of 3550 Old Yesterday, 12:42 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 44
I'm really happy that at least there is this firmare to look forward to when I get my 5030ub! No new model but if this firmware improves upon what from what I've heard in this thread what is already an great image them I think this will definitely be the projector for me! I'm really hoping to be getting one by Xmas!

Link to my build
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3549 of 3550 Old Yesterday, 07:07 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi all:

Have been following AVS for a few years now but posted to the 6030 forum for the first time recently; however, got no response so posting here as well.

I just sold my five-year old Panasonic PT AE-2000u and am looking to upgrade, specifically for 3d capability. Would like owner/enthusiast opinions regarding 3D on the 5030/6030.

I recently demo'd a JVC X500 but couldn't deal with its 3D performance from start-up - too much ghosting/x-talk for my liking. I was told by others in the X500/RS4910 forum that 3D is much improved on the JVC after a warm-up of about 20-30 minutes. While that's great to hear, I don't think I like the prospect of having to wait that long - especially in company - to watch 3D material in spite of a stellar 2D picture. So my question regarding the 5030/6030 (and even the 4030, for that matter) is, does it exhibit crosstalk-free 3D without a warm up period?

Also, I have a dedicated theater room with darkened/treated walls, with a throw distance of 11.5 feet on to an Elite Screens Cinewhite 1.1 gain screen, and a ceiling height of 9 feet. If I sat about a foot behind the projector, will the fan and iris noise be a problem during normal movie viewing? Any feedback will be greatly appreciated, and thanks in advance.
post #3550 of 3550 Old Yesterday, 08:32 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 130
I had JVC RS40 and RS45. The 45 was worse in 3D mode than the 40, and it took easily a half hour before it warmed up to look its best. I got the Epson 6010, then the 5030. Both are far better than the JVCs in terms of 3D ghosting. I can't say how the new JVCs perform. The 5030 is not ghost free, but it's "respectable," for what that's worth. You won't confuse Epson or JVC for a DLP, but I can live with the Epson's 3D performance. It warms up to a good 3D state in about 5-6 minutes. It's noisier than the JVC, but it wasn't a deal breaker for me. When I remodeled my room, I put it in a "hush box" in the next room, so now it's dead quiet.

Joe Clark

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Epson 5030ub 2d 3d 1080p 3lcd Projector
Gear in this thread - 5030ub by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page