Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by crussell1492 View Post
OK, I have the proof now.
Warning !
Windows 8.1 Update : Will not work with this procedure
Windows 10 Preview : Will not work with this procedure.

Win 7 works fine of course.

I'm a little baffled how OS version affects a simple file copy, but it does.
Ah, yes. I had a similar problem with an SD card in Win 8.1 (not 8.0) on another product. The product wouldn't boot from an SD card once Win 8.1 had written to it. In my case, the product gave me a nasty message telling me that the card needed to be completely erased before the product could use it.

Here's what I learned:

Windows 8.1 creates a directory and file "\System Volume Information\IndexerVolumeGuid" on SD cards (and likely the Epson update memory block). The folder is hidden, but you can see the file by opening Windows Explorer and manually entering the directory in the location bar (and enabling the viewing of hidden files).

Their presence (on the SD card or the embedded equipment memory) seems to confuse some products.

You can remove the directory and file from the command prompt (or a batch file) with the following commands (for an SD card or USB link to the projector memory in drive F: in this example):

del "F:\System Volume Information\IndexerVolumeGuid"
rmdir "F:\System Volume Information"

The update file should then be accepted by the projector. Better is to use a PC that doesn't run Windows 8.1...like you did.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3962 of 3964 Old Today, 04:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 186
I would be willing to bet that it's a USB 3.0 issue. When doing the update, check to see if you're plugged into a USB 3.0 slot. Try a USB 2.0 slot, if you have one available. Sometimes, there are issues when using USB 2.0 devices in a USB 3.0 slot.
climber07 likes this.
post #3963 of 3964 Old Today, 05:17 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by climber07 View Post
The update is an updated processing capability. The calibration is simply adjustments in your settings using the available options. Without the update, this capability will not be available (enhanced support resolution).

Thanks, that makes sense.

shortspark
post #3964 of 3964 Old Today, 05:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked: 1008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilgore View Post
I would be willing to bet that it's a USB 3.0 issue. When doing the update, check to see if you're plugged into a USB 3.0 slot. Try a USB 2.0 slot, if you have one available. Sometimes, there are issues when using USB 2.0 devices in a USB 3.0 slot.
That actually makes more sense. The drivers for USB 2.0 backward compatibility would cause some problems if the SPD chip in the projector wasn't coded for it. Should work though. I used a 2.0 USB port in my laptop.

Onkyo TX-NR3009 - Emotiva XPA-2 300 WPC - Polk Audio RTiA9 Mains - CSiA6 Center - F/XiA6 Surrounds - Dual PSA XV-15se Subwoofers - Epson 5030UB Projector - Monoprice Multi-format 106" HD Gray screen - Samsung BD-F5900 3D Bluray - WDTV Live HD Media Player with 6TB External Storage - Nintendo Wii - XBox 360 - Logitech Harmony One, and custom DIY media console...
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Epson 5030ub 2d 3d 1080p 3lcd Projector
Gear in this thread - 5030ub by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page