Official Epson EH-TW 9200 5030UB Owners' Thread - Page 148 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

Old 12-29-2014, 08:26 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by prince.nothing View Post
Hey friends, what's the best way to make the ceiling projector image fit the screen? Last time around I spent a lot of time getting it just right (by hit and trial), and I want to do it the right way now that my screen is being replaced. Thanks.
1. Get the right projector and size screen for both viewing distance and throw distance. Use a projector calculator - this is crucial.
2. Buy the best, most solid mount you can afford.
3. Center the projector to the middle of the screen as much as possible right from the start. The goal is not to keystone so all you use is zoom.
4. If you have trouble and the screen is permanent rather than electric or pull down, consider hanging it with large toggle bolts (paint them black, don't keep them silver like in the photo) from the ceiling instead of placing it on the wall.

Just a word about the toggles. Sometimes, despite your best efforts, the projector hangs ever so slightly right or left due to mount inconsistencies or a ceiling that is just a tad out of plumb making a true centering almost impossible. That can be adjusted but sometimes it is a royal pain and might require a carpenter if extra washers and other levelers on the mount don't work. The toggle bolts will allow you to tweak the screen up or down on each side to get the picture square. However, if you need to move a screen more than an inch at either end you should start over.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020804.JPG
Views:	83
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	447754  
prince.nothing likes this.

shortspark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2014, 10:03 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by prince.nothing View Post
Hey friends, what's the best way to make the ceiling projector image fit the screen? Last time around I spent a lot of time getting it just right (by hit and trial), and I want to do it the right way now that my screen is being replaced. Thanks.
Start with mounting the screen level and plumb on the wall - take your time and ensure it is done correctly. If you are hanging it with brackets, use a level and a straightedge as needed to make sure the mounting points are level. After mounting, check level across the top of the screen and down the face (on each side) to ensure that the entire screen face is both horizontally level and vertically plumb.

Mount the projector so the lens is centered as best you can with the screens horizontal mid point. Use a level to ensure the projector is level front to back and side to side. Turn on the projector and use the vertical shift control to shift the image down until it is vertically centered in the screen. Use the horizontal shift to center the image horizontally on the screen (this should be minimal). Use the zoom and focus controls if necessary to make the projection sharp and slightly smaller that the screen size so you can visually assess how square and plumb both the screen and projector are - if you were careful with the screen and projector mounting, adjustments should be minimal if needed at all.

Both image sides should be of equal length vertically on the screen . If they are not, rotate the projector to move the lens slightly left or right until they are. Re-center the image on the screen with the horizontal shift. Do NOT tilt the projector up or down (either side to side, or front to back) while doing this adjustment.

Both image top and bottom should be of equal length horizontally on the screen. If they are not, tilt the projector slightly up or down (front to back) until they are. Re-center the image on the screen with the vertical shift. Do NOT rotate the projector left or right, or tilt the projector side to side.

When done, you should have a perfect rectangle projected on the screen, with equal length sides, and equal length top and bottom.

If the rectangle is tilted relative to the screen (and the screen is level) the projector is not level. Correct it by tilting the projector slightly side to side. Do NOT rotate the projector left or right, or tilt the projector front to back.

When done, you should have a perfect rectangle on the screen, which is vertically and horizontally aligned with the screen border masking. Ensure the projector mount is locked down and do not physically move it further. Recheck the image after tightening to ensure it has not shifted.

Use the lens zoom, focus, vertical and horizontal shifts to get the image centered, focused and very slightly overlapping the black masking at the edge of the visible screen area. If your screen aspect ratio is matched to the projector (assuming you are going with a conventional 16:9 screen), you should have approximately the same small overlap on all four sides. If you have a slightly different aspect ratio, you will simply have to zoom a little more until the entire image area is covered - you cannot change the aspect ratio of the projector panels.

Take your time and make sure you get it set up right - have fun and enjoy the show ...
climber07 and prince.nothing like this.
Old 12-30-2014, 11:46 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Firmware upgrade

I know the firmware update has been out for a while however my EH TW9200W does not have a USB port so how do I update the firmware please. Apologies if this has been asked before or if someone can point me in the right direction or thread would be appreciated

I have UK model which has no usb. I contacted Epson UK and the response I got was 'why do I want to update the firmware' really!!!!!
Old 12-30-2014, 12:00 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 3789 Post(s)
Liked: 2923
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melp1262 View Post
I know the firmware update has been out for a while however my EH TW9200W does not have a USB port so how do I update the firmware please. Apologies if this has been asked before or if someone can point me in the right direction or thread would be appreciated

I have UK model which has no usb. I contacted Epson UK and the response I got was 'why do I want to update the firmware' really!!!!!
Mine does:

It's No 9.
Old 12-30-2014, 12:10 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbarnes701 View Post
Mine does:

It's No 9.
Am I a complete dullard as it says service port. I presume that's mini USB
Old 12-30-2014, 12:26 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Am I a complete dullard as it says service port. I presume that's mini USB
My compunction is the assumption of your presumption.

You are correct, sir.
old corps and prince.nothing like this.
Old 12-30-2014, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbarnes701 View Post
My compunction is the assumption of your presumption.

You are correct, sir.
Yup I'm a dullard. Sorted thanks for that. Will do the update in the morning. Thanks again
Old 12-30-2014, 01:47 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Yup I'm a dullard. Sorted thanks for that. Will do the update in the morning. Thanks again
Not a dullard - just a plain ol' case of mistaken identity. Easily done.
Old 12-30-2014, 02:49 PM

I presume the update is straight forward bin file
Old 12-30-2014, 03:09 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Tomorrow is the last day of the free lamp promotion (5030 ub and 5030 ube). Will there be another promotion in January ?

President, Lion Audio Video Consultants Inc.
Lead THX Video Standards Instructor
Old 12-30-2014, 08:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 360 Post(s)
Liked: 258
Quote:
I presume the update is straight forward bin file
Yes. The installation is simple. Just make sure you follow Epson's installation instructions to the letter.
old corps likes this.
Old 12-31-2014, 04:23 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Lamp Rebate Question

Sent my rebate and all info in over 3 weeks ago and havent received a Email or anything is this normal procedure and I just need to be patient or call them to confirm they received it ?
PS - also did a rebate status check late last night and it said - no search results found . Odd thing is that message appears the moment I hit enter I mean not even one second !

Tom O.

Old 12-31-2014, 05:44 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 74
I sent mine in at last 3 weeks ago also and haven't gotten any notice or email either. I'm guessing it will just take time but ill be pretty disappointed not to get the free bulb. That was the decision maker in my purchase in the first place. But epson has a good reputation so I'm going to be patient. Rebates always take a long time to process.

Last edited by gec5741; 12-31-2014 at 05:49 AM.
Old 12-31-2014, 06:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked: 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by gec5741 View Post
I sent mine in at last 3 weeks ago also and haven't gotten any notice or email either. I'm guessing it will just take time but ill be pretty disappointed not to get the free bulb. That was the decision maker in my purchase in the first place. But epson has a good reputation so I'm going to be patient. Rebates always take a long time to process.
I ordered my projector on 10/13 and sent the rebate in on or around 10/20 (approximately a week later). By my count is 10 or so weeks.

I've yet to receive anything and when I check the status on that webform I get the same "no results found".

Has anyone gotten their lamp or at least communication of a received rebate form from Epson? My previous projector (8700UB) had a similar promo and I got the lamp no problems and within the stated timeframe.

"The Scuba Tank" thread here
PSN/XBL : ScubaSteve2365
Old 12-31-2014, 08:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmountainman View Post
Sent my rebate and all info in over 3 weeks ago and havent received a Email or anything is this normal procedure and I just need to be patient or call them to confirm they received it ?
PS - also did a rebate status check late last night and it said - no search results found . Odd thing is that message appears the moment I hit enter I mean not even one second !
Quote:
Originally Posted by gec5741 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by scubasteve2365 View Post
I ordered my projector on 10/13 and sent the rebate in on or around 10/20 (approximately a week later). By my count is 10 or so weeks.

I've yet to receive anything and when I check the status on that webform I get the same "no results found".

Has anyone gotten their lamp or at least communication of a received rebate form from Epson? My previous projector (8700UB) had a similar promo and I got the lamp no problems and within the stated timeframe.

I am also awaiting my free lamp, but I have no fear. For one thing, the rebate form terms and conditions state that "you should receive your lamp within 90 days from receipt of a properly completed claim". Also, I have gotten two rebates on Epson projectors in the past, one was a free lamp and the 2nd was a $200 rebate. Both arrived with no issues. If I recall, the lamp took a couple months.
Old 12-31-2014, 09:09 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Yea I was planning on seeing it sometime in February or early March. It would be nice to get an email that it was received as I believe that it stated this would happen on the rebate form. But I'm not to worried.
Old 12-31-2014, 10:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked: 268
Yeah, I'm in no particular hurry to get the lamp but it'd be nice to know that the rebate was recieved since in the event it was lost in the mail we might know it in order to get it prior to the postmark deadline.

Of course since I say I'm in no hurry for it my lamp will prolly go out tonight.

Anyone lose a lamp yet, is this a life improvement over the lamps that were in the 8500/8700UBs?

"The Scuba Tank" thread here
PSN/XBL : ScubaSteve2365
Old 12-31-2014, 03:04 PM

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I picked mine up from BestBuy in mid October, and submitted the rebate form soon after. I am yet to get the bulb, or a confirmation stating that they have received my form.

My Home Theater Build: Geeky Talkies
Old 12-31-2014, 06:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
They're probably waiting to do a mass mailing of these after the first of the year. Most companies don't like to send stuff out in bits and pieces but in one or a few big shipping days instead.
Old 01-01-2015, 06:34 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Finally got some time to play with our 5030, it replaced a very sharp Epson 6500, I just can not seem to get the 5030 to project as sharp a picture as the 6500, in either settings.is there something I can do to correct this ? Until the S&M disk comes, or did I get a dudd ? I know when I had several 6500 replaced, the last one was night and day from the other 6500, thanks and Happy New Year
Old 01-01-2015, 07:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 319 Post(s)
Liked: 214
^ It might be a convergence issue. On single pixel white lines or text do you see that red, green and blue are not aligned? If so you can probably improve things with the panel alignment feature.
Old 01-01-2015, 07:30 AM

Have you tried the firmware update to V111? Here is the link:

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/s...ailenhancement

See if this helps. Also, if I didn't copy the link correctly there are other references to it in this thread. Kerry
Old 01-01-2015, 07:48 AM

For more information on the firmware update see this Projector Review article. Kerry

http://www.projectorreviews.com/arti...0ube-and-4030/
Old 01-01-2015, 09:15 AM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I noticed quite a bit of audio delay when using my TW9200 in 3D mode with frame interpolation and/or super resolution enabled. Does anyone know what the typical audio delay is so I can adjust this? Been experimenting a bit but can't seem to get it right.

Also, does the new firmware improve the high-fan noise when using the projector ceiling mounted? The fan noise is easily double what I get when setting the projector to table-mount (it's ceiling mounted in my room).
Old 01-01-2015, 09:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapino View Post
I noticed quite a bit of audio delay when using my TW9200 in 3D mode with frame interpolation and/or super resolution enabled. Does anyone know what the typical audio delay is so I can adjust this? Been experimenting a bit but can't seem to get it right.

Also, does the new firmware improve the high-fan noise when using the projector ceiling mounted? The fan noise is easily double what I get when setting the projector to table-mount (it's ceiling mounted in my room).
You need to get a calibration disc that has audio sync patterns to adjust audio delay properly. The Spears & Munsil, DVE:HD Basics, and WOW discs all have one.

As far as fan noise goes, the new firmware doesn't affect it.
Old 01-01-2015, 10:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

With frame interpolation enabled (at any level) the video delay is about 180ms. I added 140ms of audio delay in my receiver, as I know it already has about 40ms of delay due to audio procesing. You receiver may be slightly different.

Not sure if super resolution adds any extra video delay.
Old 01-01-2015, 10:44 AM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Well installed the new firmware. Been trying to fix it, but it turns out I had "auto sync" enabled in the receiver which kinda counteracts the audio delay setting. So I disabled the "auto sync", with FI off it seems a delay of 15ms is ok here. Can that be?
Old 01-01-2015, 10:47 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by scubasteve2365 View Post

10/30/14, I registered online for the lamp rebate and mailed the paperwork.

11/14/14, I received this email:

"We are happy to inform you that your rebate submission has been processed and approved. Please expect a Rebate refund (or product) within the following 2-4 weeks.

For more information on this rebate, please login to http://epson.resolverebates.com/QuickTracker.aspx and select "Existing Rebates".

Sincerely,

Epson Rebate Administration"

The link in their email doesn't work. When I check the Epson website rebate center, I get "no results were returned".

I have yet to receive my lamp.

I really like my 5030. It was great upgrade from my 8350.
Old 01-01-2015, 12:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Well installed the new firmware. Been trying to fix it, but it turns out I had "auto sync" enabled in the receiver which kinda counteracts the audio delay setting. So I disabled the "auto sync", with FI off it seems a delay of 15ms is ok here. Can that be?

Manual audio delay is usually the best way to go. 15ms manual delay seems pretty low for this projector even with FI off, but it depends on the receiver. If you're happy with the result, then that's the main thing.
Old 01-01-2015, 07:05 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by kriktsemaj99 View Post
^ It might be a convergence issue. On single pixel white lines or text do you see that red, green and blue are not aligned? If so you can probably improve things with the panel alignment feature.
The lines have good white no color bleed, just cant get the inky blacks, have the 111 update already.

Tags
Epson 5030ub 2d 3d 1080p 3lcd Projector