Official Epson EH-TW 9200 5030UB Owners' Thread - Page 154 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #4591 of 4598 Unread Yesterday, 04:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by lglmoris View Post
Got the extra bulb today (1/28/15). Sent docs on November 28, 2014. So, 60 days. Not bad! Epson's a great company.
Kerry

+1!
Received mine today as well. I sent in the rebate material on 12/1. Actually showed up sooner than I expected. Since the lamps only have a 90 day warranty I'll wait a month then swap the original for the free one. Then I'll have 60 days of warranty on the freebie & the original will be put away after the warranty period with only 200 hours or so.
Ed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4592 of 4598 Unread Yesterday, 04:12 PM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkman270 View Post
...This did not occur when watching a Bluray DVD in the OPPO but did when watching a standard def DVD...
It's either Blu-ray (or BD), or DVD. There's no such thing as a Blu-ray DVD.

Adjusting settings according to personal preference is not calibration.

Epson 5030UB, 100" Carada Criterion with Classic Cinema White, Denon AVR 1713, Energy V-5.1s and a V-5.2C , NHT SuperZeros, Mirage Omni S10, Oppo 103D. Currently boxed up and for sale: Klipsch SW-450, NHT Absolute Center, Energy V-Mini-C
post #4593 of 4598 Unread Yesterday, 04:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonDono View Post
Sorry for the bump. Do these rf glasses work with the Epson?
Thanks,
Jason
I really don't know about those but I bought 2 pair of these. http://www.ebay.com/itm/3ACTIVE-3D-G...item3ceac234cf
They work great and are very comfortable. Seem to be well made and come with a nice storage case, usb cable & adapter. Actually prefer them to the Epsons. The vendor shipped FAST as well.
Good luck!

Ed
post #4594 of 4598 Unread Yesterday, 04:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by willieconway View Post

Picky, picky..............
Ed
post #4595 of 4598 Unread Yesterday, 09:09 PM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by garnuts View Post
+1 on this mount. It is very secure and looks great too.

I had my 5030 ceiling mounted, but the fan noise was too loud, even with my surround system at normal levels. After some reading very early in this thread, I found the fan speed increases when the picture is in inverted mode. Even with your PJ ceiling mounted, you can go into the settings and invert the picture and hear the fan speed/noise decrease.

After changing to shelf mount I usually don't notice the fan even in normal modes.
Thanks for the direction, I ordered this and should have it installed this weekend, I look forward to the fan noise subsiding indeed.

Epson 5030ub, Marantz 7009, Emotiva XPA-5, Oppo 103, SVS Prime Towers, Center, Satellites x 8, SVS PB-2000 x 2, VApex 100" standard electric, PS3, wife, 2 kids, dog
post #4596 of 4598 Unread Yesterday, 11:17 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I switched the picture on my ceiling mounted 5030 and the fan noise went down considerably. I was very surprised! But also disappointed. My projector is in the middle of an open area family room and there's no back wall where I can mount a shelf like the one mentioned above. Would anyone happen to know if there's some kind of shelf apparatus that could be hung from the ceiling so the projector can be ceiling mounted but not upside down?
post #4597 of 4598 Unread Today, 12:23 AM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Same here jaydee, projector is on a ceiling with no surround walls. I still don't understand why Epson does this when ceiling mouting the projector. In fact, it annoys me so I'm very much considering to sell it to get the Sony HW55.
post #4598 of 4598 Unread Today, 05:47 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by willieconway View Post
Of course you are right and I'm guessing you actually did not have a answer to my questions.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee77ca View Post
I switched the picture on my ceiling mounted 5030 and the fan noise went down considerably. I was very surprised! But also disappointed. My projector is in the middle of an open area family room and there's no back wall where I can mount a shelf like the one mentioned above. Would anyone happen to know if there's some kind of shelf apparatus that could be hung from the ceiling so the projector can be ceiling mounted but not upside down?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lapino View Post
Same here jaydee, projector is on a ceiling with no surround walls. I still don't understand why Epson does this when ceiling mouting the projector. In fact, it annoys me so I'm very much considering to sell it to get the Sony HW55.
Chief has a tray mount that allows non-inverted ceiling mounting. It is of course for projectors that do not have the option of flipping the image. Obviously it is larger and not as aesthetically pleasing.

Darkman in Pensacola FL
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Epson 5030ub 2d 3d 1080p 3lcd Projector
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page