Official Epson EH-TW 9200 5030UB Owners' Thread - Page 154 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #4591 of 4615 Old Yesterday, 04:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by lglmoris View Post
Got the extra bulb today (1/28/15). Sent docs on November 28, 2014. So, 60 days. Not bad! Epson's a great company.
Kerry

+1!
Received mine today as well. I sent in the rebate material on 12/1. Actually showed up sooner than I expected. Since the lamps only have a 90 day warranty I'll wait a month then swap the original for the free one. Then I'll have 60 days of warranty on the freebie & the original will be put away after the warranty period with only 200 hours or so.
Ed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4592 of 4615 Old Yesterday, 04:12 PM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkman270 View Post
...This did not occur when watching a Bluray DVD in the OPPO but did when watching a standard def DVD...
It's either Blu-ray (or BD), or DVD. There's no such thing as a Blu-ray DVD.

Adjusting settings according to personal preference is not calibration.

Epson 5030UB, 100" Carada Criterion with Classic Cinema White, Denon AVR 1713, Energy V-5.1s and a V-5.2C , NHT SuperZeros, Mirage Omni S10, Oppo 103D. Currently boxed up and for sale: Klipsch SW-450, NHT Absolute Center, Energy V-Mini-C
post #4593 of 4615 Old Yesterday, 04:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonDono View Post
Sorry for the bump. Do these rf glasses work with the Epson?
Thanks,
Jason
I really don't know about those but I bought 2 pair of these. http://www.ebay.com/itm/3ACTIVE-3D-G...item3ceac234cf
They work great and are very comfortable. Seem to be well made and come with a nice storage case, usb cable & adapter. Actually prefer them to the Epsons. The vendor shipped FAST as well.
Good luck!

Ed
post #4594 of 4615 Old Yesterday, 04:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by willieconway View Post

Picky, picky..............
Ed
post #4595 of 4615 Old Yesterday, 09:09 PM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by garnuts View Post
+1 on this mount. It is very secure and looks great too.

I had my 5030 ceiling mounted, but the fan noise was too loud, even with my surround system at normal levels. After some reading very early in this thread, I found the fan speed increases when the picture is in inverted mode. Even with your PJ ceiling mounted, you can go into the settings and invert the picture and hear the fan speed/noise decrease.

After changing to shelf mount I usually don't notice the fan even in normal modes.
Thanks for the direction, I ordered this and should have it installed this weekend, I look forward to the fan noise subsiding indeed.
old corps likes this.

Epson 5030ub, Marantz 7009, Emotiva XPA-5, Oppo 103, SVS Prime Towers, Center, Satellites x 8, SVS PB-2000 x 2, VApex 100" standard electric, PS3, wife, 2 kids, dog
post #4596 of 4615 Old Yesterday, 11:17 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I switched the picture on my ceiling mounted 5030 and the fan noise went down considerably. I was very surprised! But also disappointed. My projector is in the middle of an open area family room and there's no back wall where I can mount a shelf like the one mentioned above. Would anyone happen to know if there's some kind of shelf apparatus that could be hung from the ceiling so the projector can be ceiling mounted but not upside down?
post #4597 of 4615 Old Today, 12:23 AM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Same here jaydee, projector is on a ceiling with no surround walls. I still don't understand why Epson does this when ceiling mouting the projector. In fact, it annoys me so I'm very much considering to sell it to get the Sony HW55.
post #4598 of 4615 Old Today, 05:47 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by willieconway View Post
Of course you are right and I'm guessing you actually did not have an answer to my question.
Seriously the correction is appreciated and noted.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee77ca View Post
I switched the picture on my ceiling mounted 5030 and the fan noise went down considerably. I was very surprised! But also disappointed. My projector is in the middle of an open area family room and there's no back wall where I can mount a shelf like the one mentioned above. Would anyone happen to know if there's some kind of shelf apparatus that could be hung from the ceiling so the projector can be ceiling mounted but not upside down?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lapino View Post
Same here jaydee, projector is on a ceiling with no surround walls. I still don't understand why Epson does this when ceiling mouting the projector. In fact, it annoys me so I'm very much considering to sell it to get the Sony HW55.
Chief has a tray mount that allows non-inverted ceiling mounting. It is of course for projectors that do not have the option of flipping the image. Obviously it is larger and not as aesthetically pleasing.

Darkman AKA Charles in Pensacola FL

Last edited by Darkman270; Today at 06:00 AM.
post #4599 of 4615 Old Today, 06:53 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Every one is talking about fan noise .. I don't hear the fan at all on mine. I just hear the iris . Sounds kind of like a mechanical grinding sound. Only time I can some what hear the fan is when I put it in high lamp. Mine is ceiling mounted.

post #4600 of 4615 Old Today, 07:01 AM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 17
It is far from loud in eco, but in 3d and high lamp it is pretty loud
post #4601 of 4615 Old Today, 07:08 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I'm new to projectors, am building a home with a theater room. Unfortunately the entries and shape of the room forces me to put my projector on the short wall giving me 11' from the back of the projector to the screen. I'm looking to buy the 5030ub but projector central calculator doesn't recommend this distance for a 100" picture.

Does anyone have experience with an 11' throw distance and max picture size without degrading quality. I haven't purchased a screen either. Looking at an Elite screen with 1.1 gain. Room will be dark. Projector will be ceiling mounted.

Thanks for the help.
post #4602 of 4615 Old Today, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesVG81 View Post
Every one is talking about fan noise .. I don't hear the fan at all on mine. I just hear the iris . Sounds kind of like a mechanical grinding sound. Only time I can some what hear the fan is when I put it in high lamp. Mine is ceiling mounted.
In eco mode the fan is not an issue but if I want to watch on a brighter setting because I have the room lights on then the fan is quite loud.

The grinding of the iris is also very loud. I find it distracting in dramas and stuff.
post #4603 of 4615 Old Today, 07:55 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptpongst View Post
I'm new to projectors, am building a home with a theater room. Unfortunately the entries and shape of the room forces me to put my projector on the short wall giving me 11' from the back of the projector to the screen. I'm looking to buy the 5030ub but projector central calculator doesn't recommend this distance for a 100" picture.

Does anyone have experience with an 11' throw distance and max picture size without degrading quality. I haven't purchased a screen either. Looking at an Elite screen with 1.1 gain. Room will be dark. Projector will be ceiling mounted.

Thanks for the help.
My projector's lens sits about 11 feet from my screen (closer to 10.5). I fill a 100 inch 16x9 screen with no problem. In fact, I can go comfortably to about 106 inches. Just make sure your measuring from the lens to the screen... Good luck and God Bless!
post #4604 of 4615 Old Today, 08:58 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I was under the impression that you measure from the back of the projector. Will it make a big difference? If measuring from the lens I will be just less than 10' to the screen since the 5030ub is about 15.5" D and my room is 11' wide.
post #4605 of 4615 Old Today, 09:01 AM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Quote:
It is far from loud in eco, but in 3d and high lamp it is pretty loud
I have been avoiding 3D viewing lately for this very reason. I am very much looking to get mine mounted right side up this weekend.

Epson 5030ub, Marantz 7009, Emotiva XPA-5, Oppo 103, SVS Prime Towers, Center, Satellites x 8, SVS PB-2000 x 2, VApex 100" standard electric, PS3, wife, 2 kids, dog
post #4606 of 4615 Old Today, 09:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptpongst View Post
I was under the impression that you measure from the back of the projector. Will it make a big difference? If measuring from the lens I will be just less than 10' to the screen since the 5030ub is about 15.5" D and my room is 11' wide.

The throw distance is measured from the LENS to the screen.

Ed
post #4607 of 4615 Old Today, 09:49 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
I "think" and I'm not an expert but I thought I had read this before. The fan runs higher (and therefor louder) when the image is inverted because this would mean that the projector is high up and near the ceiling where the heat would get trapped on the ceiling. I don't really get it either but I guess the concept is to avoid over heating up near the ceiling they feel the fan should run at a higher RPM?
post #4608 of 4615 Old Today, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gec5741 View Post
I "think" and I'm not an expert but I thought I had read this before. The fan runs higher (and therefor louder) when the image is inverted because this would mean that the projector is high up and near the ceiling where the heat would get trapped on the ceiling. I don't really get it either but I guess the concept is to avoid over heating up near the ceiling they feel the fan should run at a higher RPM?
Interesting. My theory was that inverting the image took more processing power so it would run hotter.
post #4609 of 4615 Old Today, 11:08 AM
Advanced Member

That could be too. Again I don't know for sure but that was my theory. I can't recall if I had actually read that or if I just thought I did though
post #4610 of 4615 Old Today, 11:17 AM

Liked: 20
Quote:
Exact same mount I use. I love it. the price is right and it looks very nice on the wall. Fits the 5030 perfectly as well. Here is a shot of it in my room.
I was concerned about using that shelf because it can swing on its pivot, and could therefore get knocked. Is there much friction on the pivot - enough to keep it stationary? Presumably it doesn't matter much in your case because it's so high in the room?

I ended up ordering the Omnimount Tria. It doesn't swivel, and it has a curved black glass front which almost makes it look custom-made for the 5030/6030. It's not the most robust piece of engineering I've ever seen, but it seems to do the job. I've attached a photo and an Amazon link below:

http://www.amazon.com/Omnimount-Tria...VCR75Y9WJ1AQPE
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2015_0129PJ0001.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	115.0 KB
ID:	510122  
post #4611 of 4615 Old Today, 11:35 AM
Advanced Member

I don't have any issues with it getting knocked or swiveling. Although it is possible for it to happen I suppose. I wouldn't say it's hard to make swivel but it also won't do it on its own unless someone meant to. It's high enough for me to walk underneath it and I'm 6'4" so its not much of a concern for me.

I like the look of that one you ordered as well. It would be kind of nice to have the glass be black but they both look good. I have the 5030 so my projector isn't all black like the 6030.
post #4612 of 4615 Old Today, 12:58 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:

That is correct. This is part of an email reply from Epson technical support, in April of last year.

We tested out our HC 5030UB here and it operated the same way in regards to having the unit set to Front vs Front Ceiling. The product lead had been out of the office the last few days, but I was able to speak with him today and he confirmed that the fans will run higher when set to front/ceiling by design. The reason for this is that when the projector is set to front ceiling, it is assumed that the projector will be placed higher up near the ceiling where hot air rises. The projector is designed to have the fans run higher when set to front/ceiling to compensate.
post #4613 of 4615 Old Today, 02:25 PM

Liked: 20
Quote:
I don't have any issues with it getting knocked or swiveling. Although it is possible for it to happen I suppose. I wouldn't say it's hard to make swivel but it also won't do it on its own unless someone meant to. It's high enough for me to walk underneath it and I'm 6'4" so its not much of a concern for me.

I like the look of that one you ordered as well. It would be kind of nice to have the glass be black but they both look good. I have the 5030 so my projector isn't all black like the 6030.
Yes, totally agree, and actually in some ways I prefer the one you used because of its lower-profile wall mount. That was the one I was going to order until the company told me about the swivel, but it looks like you've got a great setup there.
post #4614 of 4615 Unread Today, 06:01 PM
Advanced Member

I recieved my bulb today! I'm surprised I got it so fast actually. I sent mine in just before Christmas.
post #4615 of 4615 Unread Today, 06:05 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCDA View Post
Quote:

That is correct. This is part of an email reply from Epson technical support, in April of last year.

We tested out our HC 5030UB here and it operated the same way in regards to having the unit set to Front vs Front Ceiling. The product lead had been out of the office the last few days, but I was able to speak with him today and he confirmed that the fans will run higher when set to front/ceiling by design. The reason for this is that when the projector is set to front ceiling, it is assumed that the projector will be placed higher up near the ceiling where hot air rises. The projector is designed to have the fans run higher when set to front/ceiling to compensate.
Thanks for that. I new I had read that somewhere :-)
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Epson 5030ub 2d 3d 1080p 3lcd Projector
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page