Official Epson EH-TW 9200 5030UB Owners' Thread - Page 155 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #4621 of 4636 Old 01-29-2015, 09:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by garnuts View Post
I also received my new lamp today (3 months after the submission).

Where does it state that the replacement lamp only have 60 day warranty?

My replacement lamp has something loose rattling around inside. Nothing is visibly moving. I have not tried the new lamp in the PJ yet. Does anyone know if something rattling around inside the lamp casing is normal?

It doesn't. It has a 90 day warranty. BUT if I don't install it for 30 days (to use the 90 day warranty on the original) I'll only have 60 days warranty left on the freebie.
90 minus 30=60. If I were to just put away the freebie until I need to replace I'd have NO warranty left.
BTW, my free one has something rattling inside as well but can't see the cause either. I thought it might be the cheapie screwdriver they give you but when I took it out I still hear the rattle. I took the lamp out of the box and GENTLY shook it--no rattle. Strange.........

Ed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4622 of 4636 Old 01-29-2015, 09:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gec5741 View Post
I don't have any issues with it getting knocked or swiveling. Although it is possible for it to happen I suppose. I wouldn't say it's hard to make swivel but it also won't do it on its own unless someone meant to. It's high enough for me to walk underneath it and I'm 6'4" so its not much of a concern for me.

I like the look of that one you ordered as well. It would be kind of nice to have the glass be black but they both look good. I have the 5030 so my projector isn't all black like the 6030.

I felt that mine swiveled too easily so I ended up pulling a piece of wire (a straightened paper clip) through the joint where it moves. Now you could move it if you needed to but it takes a little effort. I put mine up about 5 years ago for a different projector & had forgotten about that.

Ed
post #4623 of 4636 Old 01-29-2015, 09:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gec5741 View Post
I "think" and I'm not an expert but I thought I had read this before. The fan runs higher (and therefor louder) when the image is inverted because this would mean that the projector is high up and near the ceiling where the heat would get trapped on the ceiling. I don't really get it either but I guess the concept is to avoid over heating up near the ceiling they feel the fan should run at a higher RPM?

I think your theory is probably correct. Also there's the heat produced by the pj as well.

Ed
post #4624 of 4636 Old 01-29-2015, 11:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Liked: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by murph101 View Post
Can you guys tell me if 120" or 135" screen from a throw distance of 14'6" will work with the 5030?
My viewing area will see some significant light during the day. Are there any screens out there with more gain that don't lose as much of the viewing angle?
I would say, the 120", yes. 135"....could be very tight.
post #4625 of 4636 Old Yesterday, 12:26 AM

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Can you guys tell me if 120" or 135" screen from a throw distance of 14'6" will work with the 5030?
My viewing area will see some significant light during the day. Are there any screens out there with more gain that don't lose as much of the viewing angle?
http://www.epson.com/alf_upload/land...ce-calculator/

Epson 5030ub, Marantz 7009, Emotiva XPA-5, Oppo 103, SVS Prime Towers, Center, Satellites x 8, SVS PB-2000 x 2, VApex 100" standard electric, PS3, wife, 2 kids, dog
post #4626 of 4636 Old Yesterday, 06:26 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Also: http://www.projectorcentral.com/proj...ulator-pro.cfm
old corps likes this.
post #4627 of 4636 Old Yesterday, 08:14 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilgore View Post
I would say, the 120", yes. 135"....could be very tight.
I am using a 135 inch screen and my throw from actual lens to screen is probably around 15 feet. I have no issues. Try it on the wall first to see before you purchase a screen. then you'll know for sure what you can do and also what your comfortable with.
Kilgore likes this.
post #4628 of 4636 Old Yesterday, 08:21 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
I have a 22' throw distance and am using a 120" 1.2 gain SI Slate screen. I don't have any tools to measure brightness, but it looks great. In high lamp mode using Living Room mode during the day and THX mode during the night the picture is super bright and punchy. Love this projector and screen combo. Amazingly, even during day (blinds closed, but room still has some light) I can watch THX 3D mode with plenty of brightness to make it enjoyable. It's awesome.

Also, the viewing angle with this screen is phenomenal, almost nothing is lost, even looking at the screen from the side!
post #4629 of 4636 Old Yesterday, 08:29 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee77ca View Post
So then putting it on a shelf mount hanging from the ceiling like the Chief ones linked to on an earlier post is not advisable? Since the fan would run lower but it'd still be up at the ceiling?
It depends on the conditions in your room, and the particulars of your mounting location - Epson has to allow for worst case conditions. In my below grade HT room, the ambient temperature never gets much above 68-70F, so I would have no concerns with running it upright near the ceiling, at the lower fan speed. I might be more concerned if the projector was in a hot climate with very high ceiling temperatures, poor air circulation, and mounted very close to the ceiling. Then for a non-inverted shelf mount (with lower fan speed), I'd probably see if I could provide additional venting above the PJ or improve the air circulation at the ceiling to move the PJ exhaust heat.

Having said that, I don't consider the higher fan speed a distraction at all, so I'm quite content to leave it in the current inverted ceiling mount. I've watched two or three 3D movies in the past couple of weeks, and can't say that the fan ever entered my consciousness. Jaw dropping picture, though!
post #4630 of 4636 Old Yesterday, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee77ca View Post
So then putting it on a shelf mount hanging from the ceiling like the Chief ones linked to on an earlier post is not advisable? Since the fan would run lower but it'd still be up at the ceiling?
It's also worth noting that there is nothing in the Epson manual that says you are voiding your warranty or diminishing your lamp/component life by mounting right-side-up near the ceiling. I think this is just common sense though, figuring out what is best for your environment, my HT is in the basement and I don't generate a lot of heat down there anyway.

Epson 5030ub, Marantz 7009, Emotiva XPA-5, Oppo 103, SVS Prime Towers, Center, Satellites x 8, SVS PB-2000 x 2, VApex 100" standard electric, PS3, wife, 2 kids, dog
post #4631 of 4636 Old Yesterday, 04:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Liked: 219
My free lamp arrived today. Purchased at the end of October.
post #4632 of 4636 Unread Yesterday, 07:24 PM

Well, I installed my shelf to mount my projector right side up. The fan noise is incredilbly less audible. Funny thing though, before, when I had it ceiling mounted, I never noticed the auto-Iris even once. Now that it's right side up it is very distinct and I may just turn it off. It may be something I get used to and may be able to tune out, but we'll see, as of right now it's pretty annoying. ARGH.

post #4633 of 4636 Unread Yesterday, 08:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundtrac View Post
Well, I installed my shelf to mount my projector right side up. The fan noise is incredilbly less audible. Funny thing though, before, when I had it ceiling mounted, I never noticed the auto-Iris even once. Now that it's right side up it is very distinct and I may just turn it off. It may be something I get used to and may be able to tune out, but we'll see, as of right now it's pretty annoying. ARGH.

I can hear mine now & then but it really doesn't bother me. Maybe it's because the iris in my Epson 3010 (ceiling mounted) was VERY loud & irritating--had to turn it off. After that this one seems to be barely noticeable. I considered putting some kind of pad under it to absorb it's noise but now I don't think I'll bother. You might try something like that.

Ed
post #4634 of 4636 Unread Today, 10:28 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Can someone tell me what the vertical offset is on the 5030ub? Going to upgrade from a 2030 within a month or so and want to use as little lens shift as pissible. Thanks!
post #4635 of 4636 Unread Today, 01:30 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Bought this 2 months ago and the HDMI stopped working, it kept saying no signal on the screen. I tried different cables and sources, also tried resetting all settings but nothing, had to finally call Epson. Has any of you experienced something similar?
post #4636 of 4636 Unread Today, 04:18 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by nando820 View Post
Bought this 2 months ago and the HDMI stopped working, it kept saying no signal on the screen. I tried different cables and sources, also tried resetting all settings but nothing, had to finally call Epson. Has any of you experienced something similar?
HDMI goes out easily on projectors and other equipment as well. Mine has been fried twice by electrical storms.

shortspark
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Epson 5030ub 2d 3d 1080p 3lcd Projector
Gear in this thread - 5030ub by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page