Official Epson EH-TW 9200 5030UB Owners' Thread - Page 167 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #4981 of 4992 Unread 04-30-2015, 04:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 12
For the recent post about Carada screens, couple quick notes:
1. They will send out samples of the different fabric options. Tape these up side by side and it really helps make a decision. (I went BW)
2. For screen size, I highly recommend going without a screen for a month or so and just shoot onto a wall (if this is an option). The right size should naturally present itself to you based on your viewing distance, viewing habits, propensity for motion sickness, etc. Before buying a projector I was convinced I wanted a certain size screen (think 125" 16:9). Turns out that was way to big for my wife and I (both felt ill after short viewing sessions) and am really glad we didn't commit to that before we knew what we liked.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4982 of 4992 Unread 05-01-2015, 07:27 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 36
I started to read thru this thread, answers seem mixed. I have a light controlled basement, and viewing will mainly be in evening regardless, but I had an epson 8500 ub which I loved, but sold as it aged. I have a 112 inch fixed fram Grandview 1.0 screen, and my last projector was mounted at 13.0 feet. I could feesibly move up a foot if needed, but what is the consensus on the brightness of this projector. I read somewhere in this thread that epson recommended no larger than 110 inch screen for calibrated modes. Has anyone here upgraded from the epson 8500ub ? If so , is this brighter ? Also, is the fan really that noticable ? Cant remember ever hearing my epson 8500 ub which was mounted near seating, but above on ceiling. I'm considering the 5030, 5025 and the Sony hw 40es. The 5025 at 1699 with extra bulb seems like a great deal, but seems like this projector doesnt put out alot of light, calibrated. Ill appreciate any feedback I can get . Thanks

Xbox Live- bucknuts07

PSN-bucknuts07

post #4983 of 4992 Unread 05-01-2015, 12:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
$300 off plus free lamp, free shipping & 2 pair of 3D glasses seems like an awesome deal going on right now!

HTPCat
"Give Me More Audio & Video Toys"

post #4984 of 4992 Unread 05-01-2015, 02:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: In my home theater ( when I'm not rock climbing, cycling or kayaking ) - Sacramento CA area
Quoted: 792 Post(s)
Liked: 588
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTPCat View Post
$300 off plus free lamp, free shipping & 2 pair of 3D glasses seems like an awesome deal going on right now!

Not a bad deal, eh? We have 2 in stock for anyone looking to get one !

Craig Peer, AV Science Sales. Call me on my direct line - 585-671-2972, 8:30am - 4:30pm PST, Monday - Friday
Email me at craig@avscience.com http://shop.avscience.com/
Yes, we sell Home Theater gear right here at AVS !!
JVC, Sony, Epson, DPI, SIM2, SV Sound, Martin Logan, RBH, and many more!
post #4985 of 4992 Unread Yesterday, 07:19 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 11
That's great advice, and exactly what I'm doing. I've just finished painting the wall with the Sherwin Williams ProClassic Satin Enamel. After much investigation, this was rated as being very close to a 1.0 gain and fairly neutral. I've used the exact dimensions of a 124" screen size, 16:9. I'm in a totally light controlled environment, so hopefully this will allow me to judge whether or not this is an appropriate size, or if I need to go smaller etc. before purchasing a screen. Unfortunately I'm traveling over the next few weeks so the 5030 projector will arrive but won't be able to do anything until later this month. If anyone is interested I'll post the results. Again want to thank everyone for all their help. RT
post #4986 of 4992 Unread Yesterday, 09:30 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTPCat View Post
where do you see the 2 pairs of glasses? I want to buy from visual apex but via amazon to get 0% for 12mths... can I still do the bulb rebate?

I want to die in my sleep like grandpa... not kicking and screaming like the people in his car.
post #4987 of 4992 Unread Yesterday, 11:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtindel View Post
That's great advice, and exactly what I'm doing. I've just finished painting the wall with the Sherwin Williams ProClassic Satin Enamel. After much investigation, this was rated as being very close to a 1.0 gain and fairly neutral. I've used the exact dimensions of a 124" screen size, 16:9. I'm in a totally light controlled environment, so hopefully this will allow me to judge whether or not this is an appropriate size, or if I need to go smaller etc. before purchasing a screen. Unfortunately I'm traveling over the next few weeks so the 5030 projector will arrive but won't be able to do anything until later this month. If anyone is interested I'll post the results. Again want to thank everyone for all their help. RT
I'm very interested!

Holding the fort on old games that play the same as the new ones, minus the $400 price tag.
post #4988 of 4992 Unread Yesterday, 02:31 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I'll post pics and results when I have them in a few weeks..RT
post #4989 of 4992 Unread Yesterday, 05:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metric View Post
where do you see the 2 pairs of glasses? I want to buy from visual apex but via amazon to get 0% for 12mths... can I still do the bulb rebate?
If you go to visual apex site it shows all the details including 2 pair of 3D glasses. If you look at the fine print on Amazon sold by Visual Apex it indicates that lamp rebate apply to purchases from authorized dealer. I would give AVS a call to see what they might offer as well.
old corps likes this.

HTPCat
"Give Me More Audio & Video Toys"

post #4990 of 4992 Unread Yesterday, 06:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metric View Post

That's how I bought mine--VA via Amazon about 3(?) months ago and received my free lamp no problem. The 5030 comes with 2 pair of 3D glasses.

Ed
post #4991 of 4992 Unread Today, 08:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Got the 5030ub this weekend. The price and the free lamp makes this deal one of the best values right now imho. I'm surprised how good the THX and Cinema modes look out of box.
post #4992 of 4992 Unread Today, 07:47 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Almost finished with our basement family, media room and bar. Love the 5030ub with my 110" Black Diamond Zero Edge!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LL media rm.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	172.0 KB
ID:	700978  
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Epson 5030ub 2d 3d 1080p 3lcd Projector
Gear in this thread