Official Epson EH-TW 9200 5030UB Owners' Thread - Page 168 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #5011 of 5024 Old 05-24-2015, 06:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 420 Post(s)
Liked: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by ji9988 View Post
Thanks yes the glasses are fully charged and they are the active rf format. They just don't sync. Any other ideas?
Just guessing, but if the glasses have a push button to turn them on, maybe you need to hold the button down until the projector syncs with them.

EDIT: just checked the glasses online and they look virtually identical to the ones that come packaged with the 5030. Don't know what to tell you.

Last edited by Kilgore; 05-24-2015 at 06:36 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5012 of 5024 Old 05-25-2015, 12:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Thanks yes the glasses are fully charged and they are the active rf format. They just don't sync. Any other ideas?
All I've ever had to do is turn on the two different RF glasses I had and they did the sync up. Are you sure they're RF? These might be different than what you have, but according to these sites, it's IR:

http://www.panasonic.com/ca/consumer...ty-ew3d3s.html

http://www.projectorshop24.co.uk/3d-...for-3d-size-s/

http://panasonic.net/prodisplays/dow...-EW3D3W_oi.pdf
post #5013 of 5024 Old 05-25-2015, 07:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 67
[QUOTE=ji9988;34461034]HI, Just purchased a 5030. I have panasonic 3d model ty-ew3d3s glasses that worked with the 5010. Does anyone know how to sync these glasses to the 5030? I have tried with a 3d movie playing and then turning on the glasses within 10 feet of the projector but they don't ever sync. Thanks!![/QUOTE

Those are great glasses BUT they are IR NOT RF/Bluetooth. The 5010 used IR (so does my 3010 that I had them for). The 5030 uses RF or Bluetooth glasses. Epson switched to RF from the 5020 on. When I got the 5030 I sold the Pannys to someone with the Panasonic 8000. They're in demand for them (IR) and they're hard to find now. Sorry for the bad news!

Ed

Last edited by old corps; 05-28-2015 at 06:59 PM. Reason: typo
post #5014 of 5024 Old 05-26-2015, 07:10 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks to all!! Silly me thought since they worked with the 5010 they would work with the 5030. I see now that they are IR and not RF. Thanks again!!
post #5015 of 5024 Old 05-28-2015, 09:12 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Thanks to all!! Silly me thought since they worked with the 5010 they would work with the 5030. I see now that they are IR and not RF. Thanks again!!
I once got a replacement Epson 2030, and no glasses would sync. I had to get a replacement for the replacement, and then they worked. I just upgraded to the 5025 though, awesome projector! Pretty much identical to the 5030 minus 200 lumens. I'm in love with this projector!
post #5016 of 5024 Old 05-29-2015, 07:11 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 78
I've been getting flicker the past few days. I put it on normal and it goes away and I let it run that way for a few hours and switched back to Eco and after a bit it comes back. I'll leave it on Normal for longer this time and hope that it works.

All-in-all I'm horribly disappointed in this Epson and I don't plan to buy another. This is my third or fourth 5030, the first one was bad out of the box with dust and blurs and such. Then I had one die with a power supply problem, and I think the replacement also died, I really can't remember at this point. Recently I turned it on and the right side of the image was a mess, like it had a checkerboard of green squares all over it. I had to unplug everything and toggle the power a few times. I shouldn't have to deal with this with such an expensive projector. I've been through four RPTVs, I have on LCD, and multiple receivers, DVD players, etc., and none have ever given me trouble like this. Not even close. One year of ownership and it's been a painful experience.
post #5017 of 5024 Old 05-29-2015, 10:32 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Hi all,

Been having some dramas recently with getting a projector and screen professionally installed. I started out with an Epson Home Cinema 2030, and the installer wasn't able to get the image perfectly aligned on the screen, and said the lack of lens shift was the issue.

I took their advice and took back to the 2030. I then asked what they recommended, and they recommended an Epson Home Cinema 5030UB.

Now that is installed, and the image still isn't perfectly aligned. See following picture:

http://i.imgur.com/no7bHf8.jpg

You can see it drops in the lower left hand corner. Now the bottom of the fixed frame screen is straight, as I have measured the bottom left and right of the frame from the floor.

Would the lean to the bottom left be the projector that is the issue, or how it is mounted? What is weird is the right vertical part of the test image looks straight, so would that mean if you tilted it to bring the bottom left up, it would cause the top right not to be straight?

Cheers,
Zolt
post #5018 of 5024 Old 05-30-2015, 06:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 377 Post(s)
Liked: 237
^ Normally if the problem is simple misalignment, the image would gradually drop down over its whole length to the bottom left corner. The fact that it's straight for most of its length and then curves down in the corner suggests either a lens issue, or that corner of the screen is not flat (i.e. it comes further out from (or closer in to) the wall at that corner.

How much lens shift are you using (H and V)? If you temporarily mount the PJ nearer the centre does the problem go away? Any optical issues tend to get magnified by extreme lens shift.

Also it won't actually look bad on normal video material, as long as the black frame absorbs any light spilling over.
post #5019 of 5024 Old 05-30-2015, 06:53 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoltrix View Post
Now that is installed, and the image still isn't perfectly aligned.
It looks like the screen isn't flat. You said you measured from the floor to the bottom of the screen on both sides, so you know it's level to the floor, but did you check that it's flat?
Also, do you notice it when watching movies?
post #5020 of 5024 Old 05-30-2015, 11:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Something that close to perfect I'd probably leave and call it a day. Throw in a 1080p blu-ray, turn off the lights, and enjoy the PJ for the first 100 hours. If you don't see or notice it, then what's it matter?
old corps likes this.

Holding the fort on old games that play the same as the new ones, minus the $400 price tag.
post #5021 of 5024 Old 05-30-2015, 02:22 PM

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Zath View Post
Something that close to perfect I'd probably leave and call it a day. Throw in a 1080p blu-ray, turn off the lights, and enjoy the PJ for the first 100 hours. If you don't see or notice it, then what's it matter?
I have the exact same issue except in my case it's the lower left corner that drops. Mine is maybe a bit worse but I agree, pop in a movie and enjoy.
post #5022 of 5024 Old Yesterday, 01:26 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kriktsemaj99 View Post
How much lens shift are you using (H and V)? If you temporarily mount the PJ nearer the centre does the problem go away? Any optical issues tend to get magnified by extreme lens shift.
Thanks for all the feedback. Not sure how much lens shift is being used, I'll need to check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuke61 View Post
It looks like the screen isn't flat. You said you measured from the floor to the bottom of the screen on both sides, so you know it's level to the floor, but did you check that it's flat?
Also, do you notice it when watching movies?
What's the best way to check that the screen is flat?

Movies still look pretty amazing. But I measured from the bottom of the black bars on a 2:35:1 movie, and there was about a 5mm (0.19 inches?) difference between the left and right side.
post #5023 of 5024 Old Yesterday, 09:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 420 Post(s)
Liked: 300
You need to make sure that the projector is level and shooting directly at the opposing wall, regardless of where the screen is located before you use the lens shift controls.

Put the lens shift controls in their central position. You'll feel the dials "click" when at the midpoint. Then, make sure your PJ is level from back to front and side to side. Next, you want to point the PJ directly at the opposing wall so that it is as perpendicular to the wall as you can make it, regardless of where the screen is. This should result in a completely rectangular image. Then and only then should you use the lens shift to position the image to where the screen is located.

You can try to fix your image from where it is at the moment, but you need to change the projectors angle to the screen in addition to manipulating lens shift. You can try turning the PJ slightly to one side or the other, then adjust lens shift. I find it's easier to do if you start from scratch as I mentioned above, but you can adjust it on the fly if you work with both the lens shift controls and the PJ positioning.
post #5024 of 5024 Old Today, 11:39 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1654 Post(s)
Liked: 865
New promo starting June 14th to June 27th for 5030.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com
Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/ 
Call for B-stock projectors
Sony, JVC, Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon, DNP & more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Tech., MK Sound, SVS & Def Tech, Denon, Pioneer, Marantz & Yamaha .
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Epson 5030ub 2d 3d 1080p 3lcd Projector
Gear in this thread - 5030ub by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page