Official Epson EH-TW 9200 5030UB Owners' Thread - Page 170 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-21-2015, 03:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Glad to hear you guys are enjoying the glasses. I bought 6 of them through local BB's when I saw them. They are discontinued but definitely worth the $20. The wife wasn't so sure about them until I told her how much the Epson glasses that came with the PJ cost.
old corps likes this.

Holding the fort on old games that play the same as the new ones, minus the $400 price tag.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2015, 06:39 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked: 83
That's great news! I am also happy to report that I received my glasses and they were also correct. So maybe that was just a weird fluke.
old corps likes this.
Old 06-22-2015, 08:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 243 Post(s)
Liked: 159
Glad everybody has the right glasses . . . now
old corps likes this.
Old 06-23-2015, 09:37 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1779 Post(s)
Liked: 942
Down to the last week of the sale period.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com
Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/ 
Call for B-stock projectors
Sony, JVC, Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon, DNP & more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Tech., MK Sound, SVS & Def Tech, Denon, Marantz, Yamaha & MiniDSP.
Old 06-26-2015, 09:21 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 4
[IMG][/IMG]Today I received the free lamp from the rebate promotion when you buy a 5030/5025. This is the first replacement lamp I've ever had since I've only owned projectors for the last year. I have a quick question regarding the lamp. I was holding the box and lightly flipped it over and it sounds like a piece is loose. Inside the lamp there's a metal piece that moves up and down when I'd turn the lamp upside down and back upright. Is the metal piece inside supposed to movw freely or is it possibly broken? The piece that is moving is behind the screen looking part.
Old 06-26-2015, 10:12 PM

Unrelated, but my 5025 already has a dead pixel and a grapefruit sized dust blob. I've only owned the projector for a month! This is my second Epson projector to have a dust blob within 6 months. Really hoping the replacement they're sending doesn't do the same. I keep a very clean home and check/clean the air filter bi-weekly. I guess I have bad luck when it comes to projectors.
Old 06-27-2015, 04:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealdjnugz View Post
Today I received the free lamp from the rebate promotion when you buy a 5030/5025. This is the first replacement lamp I've ever had since I've only owned projectors for the last year. I have a quick question regarding the lamp. I was holding the box and lightly flipped it over and it sounds like a piece is loose. Inside the lamp there's a metal piece that moves up and down when I'd turn the lamp upside down and back upright. Is the metal piece inside supposed to movw freely or is it possibly broken? The piece that is moving is behind the screen looking part.
Mine is the same. There appears to be a baffle of some kind that moves up and down in there. Must have something to do with how it cools the lamp.
old corps likes this.
Old 06-27-2015, 07:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by talon95 View Post
Mine is the same. There appears to be a baffle of some kind that moves up and down in there. Must have something to do with how it cools the lamp.

+1 Mine 2. Evidently, they all have that little rattle to 'em. It's been posted about before--not a problem.

Ed
Old 06-27-2015, 04:34 PM
tf4

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Can't take it anymore, I almost broke my PS4 in a rage last night of trying to watch a movie and rebooting things over and over pulling HDMI plugs to get the damn movie to show. How can I remove this garbage hdcp once and for all? If I have to rip every blue ray I buy I will, I'm so sick of paying for content just to be aggravated!!
Old 06-27-2015, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old corps View Post
+1 Mine 2. Evidently, they all have that little rattle to 'em. It's been posted about before--not a problem.

Ed
Thanks guys!
Old 06-29-2015, 05:28 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi all,

I'm currently experiencing focus issues on an Epson 5030UB. Hoping someone here might be able to help.

Initially I had a loan 5030UB from the installers that installed all of my equipment, and in terms of focus, it was spot on.

I had a new 5030UB installed yesterday, and it just won't get uniform focus across the screen. If you make the left sharp, then the right softness, and vice versa.

The older 5030UB they loaned me didn't have this issue.

Just wondering if anyone has come across something similar, can it be fixed by adjusting any particular settings, or is the projector faulty?

Cheers,
Zolt
Old 06-29-2015, 06:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Liked: 1117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoltrix View Post
Hi all,

I'm currently experiencing focus issues on an Epson 5030UB. Hoping someone here might be able to help.

Initially I had a loan 5030UB from the installers that installed all of my equipment, and in terms of focus, it was spot on.

I had a new 5030UB installed yesterday, and it just won't get uniform focus across the screen. If you make the left sharp, then the right softness, and vice versa.

The older 5030UB they loaned me didn't have this issue.

Just wondering if anyone has come across something similar, can it be fixed by adjusting any particular settings, or is the projector faulty?

Cheers,
Zolt
Have you attempted to adjust convergence? Panel alignment may solve the focus issue. Let us know.

Onkyo TX-NR3009 - Emotiva XPA-2 300 WPC - Polk Audio RTiA9 Mains - CSiA6 Center - F/XiA6 Surrounds - Dual PSA XV-15se Subwoofers - Epson 5030UB Projector - Monoprice Multi-format 106" HD Gray screen - Samsung BD-F5900 3D Bluray - WDTV Live HD Media Player with 6TB External Storage - Nintendo Wii - XBox 360 - Logitech Harmony One, and custom DIY media console...
Old 06-29-2015, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by climber07 View Post
Have you attempted to adjust convergence? Panel alignment may solve the focus issue. Let us know.
Haven't tried a panel alignment. This that something a novice can do? Is adjusting the convergence and a panel alignment the same thing or different processes?
Old 06-30-2015, 02:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Panel alignment is easy, although a bit tedious. Just takes some time. Instructions start on page 50,

http://www.projectorcentral.com/pdf/...anual_7835.pdf

The projector is installed the same way?? You've checked to be sure the new one is square with the screen? It can be in the same location, but turned left or right some. Does the image look square with the screen? (corners of image are 90° and sides are parallel with the screen border)

If it still won't focus correctly after doing both of these things, then I'd ask for a replacement. My old Benq W6000 suffers from this to some degree and there's no way to get it perfectly focused.
climber07 likes this.
Old 06-30-2015, 10:41 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Have you 5030/6030 owners compared to the Sony 55 ?

some dealer in Toledo told me it is not even close; that the sony is way better

sounds like total crap; the profit margin is also higher on the Sony

the guy sounded like he was full of ****; like 99% of all the other dealers out there. Only he knew which was better. no one else had any knowledge of the industry

these dealers are such jackasses; I don't know why anyone would want to give them their money
Old 06-30-2015, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by talon95 View Post
Panel alignment is easy, although a bit tedious. Just takes some time. Instructions start on page 50,

http://www.projectorcentral.com/pdf/...anual_7835.pdf

The projector is installed the same way?? You've checked to be sure the new one is square with the screen? It can be in the same location, but turned left or right some. Does the image look square with the screen? (corners of image are 90° and sides are parallel with the screen border)

If it still won't focus correctly after doing both of these things, then I'd ask for a replacement. My old Benq W6000 suffers from this to some degree and there's no way to get it perfectly focused.
Have taken some pictures which hopefully will show you what I am seeing.

First one is the top right of the test pattern, which you can see is sharp:

http://imgur.com/2aEE0OK

Second image is the top left, and if you click on it and zoom in, you can see the purple haze:

http://imgur.com/QatXxuy

Is the purple haze because it is not in focus, or a different problem?

I can get the top left in focus, but doing so makes the right side out of focus. But when the right side is out of focus, it is blurry, but doesn't really have the purple haze.

Cheers,
Justin
Old 06-30-2015, 05:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Liked: 1117
Quote:

Second image is the top left, and if you click on it and zoom in, you can see the purple haze:

I can get the top left in focus, but doing so makes the right side out of focus. But when the right side is out of focus, it is blurry, but doesn't really have the purple haze.

Cheers,
Justin
That looks a lot like panel alignment (convergence). I think page 50 of the manual shows how to adjust the convergence.

Onkyo TX-NR3009 - Emotiva XPA-2 300 WPC - Polk Audio RTiA9 Mains - CSiA6 Center - F/XiA6 Surrounds - Dual PSA XV-15se Subwoofers - Epson 5030UB Projector - Monoprice Multi-format 106" HD Gray screen - Samsung BD-F5900 3D Bluray - WDTV Live HD Media Player with 6TB External Storage - Nintendo Wii - XBox 360 - Logitech Harmony One, and custom DIY media console...
Old 06-30-2015, 06:11 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroit1 View Post
Have you 5030/6030 owners compared to the Sony 55 ?

some dealer in Toledo told me it is not even close; that the sony is way better

sounds like total crap; the profit margin is also higher on the Sony

the guy sounded like he was full of ****; like 99% of all the other dealers out there. Only he knew which was better. no one else had any knowledge of the industry

these dealers are such jackasses; I don't know why anyone would want to give them their money
Don't lump all dealers into the same group. There is no perfect projector. It comes down to the application. Like if a customer comes in to see you and he tells you that he is a big first person shooter, gamer. Spending over 50% of his projector time doing so. Which projector are you going to recommend, the 5030 or the 55?

RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Tech., MK Sound, SVS & Def Tech, Denon, Marantz, Yamaha & MiniDSP.
Old 06-30-2015, 06:18 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

Cheers,
Justin
The red grid is just a little bit out, but no three panel projector is perfect. In other words, walk up to the screen on any three panel projector and you can see that it is not perfect. How you judge convergence is from your viewing distance. If it looks good there, then I would leave it alone. Also better to move in whole increments. So if off 7/10's of a pixel, I would shift one whole pixel and be off 3/10's of a pixel, rather than 7/10's of a pixel, trying to get it perfect. This is because you lose some resolution, by trying to make the grid look perfect.
Kilgore likes this.

Old 06-30-2015, 06:27 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 29
there was no mention by me of the application. The Sales Idiot there just kept b.s ing me that the Sony was way better and I know for a Fact the Profit Margin is much higher on the Sony

there is very little margin on the Epson 5030, excellent product but little margin and also much less margin on the Epson LS10000 than on the Expensive Sony 4K projectors

He clearly was pushing Sony and it had everything to do with Profit Margin

I also mentioned Sony may exit the TV Business and the Idiot was telling me no and he had not heard anything like that and then he says they have been saying that for 20 years

He is a Moron; there are press release articles from 2015 that say Sony is bleeding Red and may exit TV's and also will exit PC, Smartphones, etc

I have heard many say Sony does not even make their panels for their TV sets but according to this Moron at Jameisons, nothing on the internet is true and no press release even right from Sony is true

Only He, the $5/hour Sales Idiot knew the Industry. These guys are the biggest Joke in History. It's incredible how little they know about what is happening in the Industry and how much they lie about every topic they talk about

I also called another dealer today who also sells Sony, Epson and when I made the comment about Sony TV's he was hush and then said he had nothing to add; he was also clueless
Old 06-30-2015, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by climber07 View Post
That looks a lot like panel alignment (convergence). I think page 50 of the manual shows how to adjust the convergence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV Science Sales 5 View Post
The red grid is just a little bit out, but no three panel projector is perfect. In other words, walk up to the screen on any three panel projector and you can see that it is not perfect. How you judge convergence is from your viewing distance. If it looks good there, then I would leave it alone. Also better to move in whole increments. So if off 7/10's of a pixel, I would shift one whole pixel and be off 3/10's of a pixel, rather than 7/10's of a pixel, trying to get it perfect. This is because you lose some resolution, by trying to make the grid look perfect.
Thanks for the feedback fellas. If the red grid was out though, should the line have a red haze and not purple? Or is it normal for it to appear as a purple like colour?

Cheers,
Justin
Old 06-30-2015, 10:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 459 Post(s)
Liked: 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV Science Sales 5 View Post
The convergence on mine is bang on. I tried out the panel alignment and found it wasn't necessary to adjust it at all.
Old 07-01-2015, 06:21 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback fellas. If the red grid was out though, should the line have a red haze and not purple? Or is it normal for it to appear as a purple like colour?

Cheers,
Justin
Actually it is red and blue that are both out, but red is out a little more and it looks purple.
climber07 likes this.

Old 07-01-2015, 09:24 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroit1 View Post
there was no mention by me of the application. The Sales Idiot there just kept b.s ing me that the Sony was way better and I know for a Fact the Profit Margin is much higher on the Sony

there is very little margin on the Epson 5030, excellent product but little margin and also much less margin on the Epson LS10000 than on the Expensive Sony 4K projectors

He clearly was pushing Sony and it had everything to do with Profit Margin

I also mentioned Sony may exit the TV Business and the Idiot was telling me no and he had not heard anything like that and then he says they have been saying that for 20 years

He is a Moron; there are press release articles from 2015 that say Sony is bleeding Red and may exit TV's and also will exit PC, Smartphones, etc

I have heard many say Sony does not even make their panels for their TV sets but according to this Moron at Jameisons, nothing on the internet is true and no press release even right from Sony is true

Only He, the $5/hour Sales Idiot knew the Industry. These guys are the biggest Joke in History. It's incredible how little they know about what is happening in the Industry and how much they lie about every topic they talk about

I also called another dealer today who also sells Sony, Epson and when I made the comment about Sony TV's he was hush and then said he had nothing to add; he was also clueless

When I bought my projector at a physical ABT store the sales guy did try and sell me on the sony over the Epson. However he didn't push that hard and it was pretty clear that the projectors were not his strong point and he really didn't try and come off as a projector expert. I think I knew more about the two then he really did and they didn't even have the same model sony on display but I wouldn't go as far as calling all of them morons. Your going to find your good ones and of course your share of bad ones that just want to make the extra money. The guy that helped me was very helpful on other things as I bought all my audio equipment that day as well. I would say from the research I did before buying for a good year and a half they are both excellent projectors. For the money and what I wanted to use my projector for I stuck with the Epson and have no regrets. But I could probably say the same thing if I ended up with the Sony. There are always trade off's with these things unfortunately.
old corps likes this.

Tags
Epson 5030ub 2d 3d 1080p 3lcd Projector
Gear in this thread