Official Epson EH-TW 9200 5030UB Owners' Thread - Page 189 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 314Likes

Old 01-27-2016, 10:19 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annayya View Post
What are the best comfortable 3D rechargeable glasses for Epson 5030ub?
I like theses....Samsung SSG-5150GB 3D Active Glasses....

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...dp_o_pC_nS_ttl
climber07 likes this.

Epson Pro Cinema 6030 | OPPO BDP - 103 | Pioneer Elite VSX 70 | Definitive Technology PM 1000 (L/R) | PC 2000 (C) | SR8040BP's (7.1) | Rythmik LV12R | Carada Criterion Brilliant White 118" | URC MX 780 & MRF 350 | ATS Acoustic Panels | Sanus AV Rack | DirecTv | Roku 2 | Monoprice 12AWG |
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2016, 09:17 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a 5030ube that's been going strong for a little over a year. Recently, it's been shutting off randomly. It seems to be after a couple hours of use. The lights go through the normal flashing, blue cycle they do if I were to turn it off. It feels like an auto off power down as it cycles off and closes the lens cap. It will immediately power back on and works fine. I've turned off the auto-off in the menu but it still persists. Any ideas for what is going on?
Old 01-31-2016, 05:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Only thing I can think of (other than it being broken) is to check/clean the filter. Maybe over heating? Otherwise if it's still under warranty (which it should be from what you said), I'd call Epson. Warranty service is fantastic. I wouldn't hesitate to call them.

Looks like it should give you some indication of over heating though,

https://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/...99&foid=244302
Old 01-31-2016, 07:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 745 Post(s)
Liked: 701
FYI - I have a Epson HC 5020UB with very low hours, 6 pairs of 3D glasses and free shipping listed in the AVS Classified Ads - see link below. PM me if you are interested. Asking price now reduced - as of 1/5/2016.

FS: Epson Home Cinema 5020 - Very Low Hours

Ron Jones
Blog + Reviews + Articles: projectorreviews.com

Last edited by Ron Jones; 02-05-2016 at 10:39 AM.
Old 01-31-2016, 02:29 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderDelarg View Post
I like theses....Samsung SSG-5150GB 3D Active Glasses....

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...dp_o_pC_nS_ttl
Thanks, but I was looking for rechargeable 3D glasses that are comfortable.
I found rechargeable Samsung 3D glasses on amazon ... is there a better option?: http://www.amazon.ca/Samsung-Electro...d+rechargeable

Last edited by Annayya; 01-31-2016 at 02:34 PM.
Old 01-31-2016, 02:51 PM

Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Is this still a good purchase for a 2.5 year old 1080p projector? Or are you better looking at something newer like the Sony VPL HW65ES?
Old 01-31-2016, 10:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 704 Post(s)
Liked: 431
Quote:
I found rechargeable Samsung 3D glasses on amazon ... is there a better option?: http://www.amazon.ca/Samsung-Electro...d+rechargeable
These are excellent and very comfortable:

http://www.curtpalme.com/RFGlassesEpson.shtm

I bought the same glasses from Consignia: http://www.consignia.ca/vip-3d-recha...020ube-6030ub/

but the Curt Palme price is cheaper and offers deals for multiple pairs. I have two pairs and they work great.
jaydee77ca likes this.
Old 02-01-2016, 12:52 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Hey all,
I was digging through the threat back on pages 119 to about 126-130 or so and found out this projector has a firmware update. I got excited at first because I thought maybe it would fix/enhance the softening when in fast mode. However, after going through several more pages and replies, it appears it only deals with super resolution and it doesn't do anything with fast mode.

So, my question is firmware v111 still the latest? Or has something happened since? I'll probably still do the update, but I was really hoping for something to address the fast mode softness. Still looks pretty good in fast mode, but I could tell a difference when looking at white text and also when I hooked me ps4 up to a lcd tv. PS4 games looked a bit better on the LCD tv than in fast mode on my projector.

Thanks,
Doug
Old 02-01-2016, 01:19 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougdude9 View Post
... So, my question is firmware v111 still the latest? ...
Firmware V112 is the latest. No image/processing changes from V111.

V112 Post
Old 02-01-2016, 02:23 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCDA View Post
Firmware V112 is the latest. No image/processing changes from V111.

V112 Post
Thanks for the update! I'll go ahead an update even though it wasn't what I was hoping for. I can at least check out the super resolution stuff for movies and such. Its not like the image in fast mode is that bad anyway... just noticeable with certain things.

Thanks,
Doug
Old 02-02-2016, 08:13 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by kopkiwi View Post
Is this still a good purchase for a 2.5 year old 1080p projector? Or are you better looking at something newer like the Sony VPL HW65ES?
I think 5030UB at $1999 is a fantastic buy. The HW65 is awesome, but it's twice the price at $3999.
Old 02-02-2016, 09:37 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by kopkiwi View Post
I bought mine less than 6 months ago for a good price in Australia and I am extremely happy with it. I use it in a white living room with a pull down screen, mostly at night, but I have good blinds for the occasional daytime viewing. I also play some PS3 and PC games on it occasionally.

To be completely honest I did have some uniformity issues with focus, I get some pixel "blurring" on the outer parts of the screen but really only when I'm looking at individual bright pixels on HD test patterns, I do not notice it on any kind of image, including movies and games, so while it did disturb me for a while after discovering the "issue", (about a month after I got the projector when I actually tried to do some "calibration" on my own), I managed to get over it mainly by convincing myself that I bought the projector to watch movies and play games, not look at how sharp pixels are on HD test screens, it doesn't bother me anymore.

I've also read since then that imperfect screen wide uniformity of focus and/or color is not uncommon on most if not all but the most expensive LCD projectors.

Epson EH-TW8200 (5030UB) 109" | Sony 55" glass front LED TV
Pioneer SC-LX85 Receiver Amplifier | Aaron ATS-5 Front, CC 240 Center, SS-120 Surrounds
Subsonic XS-1 Mk2 250w Active Subwoofer | Mac mini server media center | PS3
Old 02-03-2016, 06:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Looks like I've got a minor dust blob on my 5030. It's only visible on a completely black screen. And only really easily visible with the iris off. So I have no intent to exchange it under warranty right now. Interestingly this was a warranty exchange unit and I only have 100-200 hrs on it right now.

I have to think it was there when I got it (and I just hadn't noticed since it's very hard to see with the iris engaged) or something was in the projector already that got on the panel. The room it's in is very low dust.

For those that have had dust blob problems, do they generally stay the same or get worse??

Just wondering if I'll have a problem eventually or maybe it'll just stay like it is and not be an issue.
Old 02-03-2016, 07:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 553 Post(s)
Liked: 309
^ I have the same. Just try not to look at it .

Individual dust blobs don't usually get worse. It might even clear itself eventually, but then again you might get more over time.

If it were much worse I'd open up the PJ and try cleaning, but I was hoping someone else would do that first and post details.
Old 02-03-2016, 07:20 AM
pnw

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 42
New owner getting ready for the install.

I've been following this thread for a few weeks but have seen no mention of the current recommended settings. Coming from a 6500UB in a dark room, 120" 1.1 gain, with the PJ at 13 ft. Where/what are the recommended settings?

Old 02-03-2016, 08:22 AM

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnw View Post
New owner getting ready for the install.

I've been following this thread for a few weeks but have seen no mention of the current recommended settings. Coming from a 6500UB in a dark room, 120" 1.1 gain, with the PJ at 13 ft. Where/what are the recommended settings?
THX mode. Unless you're measuring, there's no point in straying away from that since you won't know if you're getting more or less accuracy.

In addition there's Super Resolution which is personal preference
Old 02-04-2016, 09:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriktsemaj99 View Post
^ I have the same. Just try not to look at it .

Individual dust blobs don't usually get worse. It might even clear itself eventually, but then again you might get more over time.

If it were much worse I'd open up the PJ and try cleaning, but I was hoping someone else would do that first and post details.
Thanks for the reply. Yea that's my plan, ignore it. I swapped to this one because the original had convergence issues (red was gradually drifting further and further out). This one is great though.

Yes I found a write up somewhere on this board that showed someone taking an older Epson apart and cleaning it. This is it I think,

The Offical Epson 8350 Owners Thread
Old 02-04-2016, 04:16 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:

I bought these on Amazon 17.45 - Sorry cant post a link keeps jumping to my order Page ! These are rechargable & work great slightly smaller than the Epsons but very nice . I bought 4 pair.

Panasonic VIERA TY-ER3D4MU Active Shutter 3D Eyewear (for 2012 and 2013 Panasonic VIERA 3D TVs)

Tom O.

Old 02-04-2016, 06:51 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuke61 View Post
Like you, I have a 13'x14' room (a spare bedroom) and it works well. I have a 110" screen, with ~11' from projector to screen, and I love it.
Could you get any closer with a 110" screen?
I have about 10 feet of throw distance.

PSN: DonVCorleone
Nintendo Network ID: DonRSD
3DS Friend Code: 0018-0138-6226

The U - NY Mets - NY Giants - Miami Heat
Old 02-06-2016, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonRSD View Post
Could you get any closer with a 110" screen?
I have about 10 feet of throw distance.
I'm pretty sure 11' is the minimum projector lens to screen distance for 110" diagonal. At 10' you're limited to something closer to 100" -- maybe 106" or so.
DonRSD likes this.
Old 02-06-2016, 10:57 AM
pnw

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Good calculator for throw distance...

http://www.projectorcentral.com/Epso...ulator-pro.htm
DonRSD likes this.

Old 02-06-2016, 04:20 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
I had bought an Epson 2045 from Best Buy. 1st projector, but that lasted 2 weeks until I wanted to upgrade lol.
Bought a 5030b and installed it today. You guys were right, didn't have enough throw distance @ 10ft for a 110" screen.
Moved it behind my ceiling fan and now it looks beautiful.
What a difference from the 2045. The colors look better and way more defined.

Does anyone have calibrated settings, or a link, for dark viewing and daylight viewing?

PSN: DonVCorleone
Nintendo Network ID: DonRSD
3DS Friend Code: 0018-0138-6226

The U - NY Mets - NY Giants - Miami Heat

Last edited by DonRSD; 02-06-2016 at 04:44 PM.
Old 02-09-2016, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonRSD View Post
I had bought an Epson 2045 from Best Buy. 1st projector, but that lasted 2 weeks until I wanted to upgrade lol.
Bought a 5030b and installed it today. You guys were right, didn't have enough throw distance @ 10ft for a 110" screen.
Moved it behind my ceiling fan and now it looks beautiful.
What a difference from the 2045. The colors look better and way more defined.

Does anyone have calibrated settings, or a link, for dark viewing and daylight viewing?
It's close out of the box in TXH mode. Try that first in a dark room, and I think you'll really like it. Get a basic calibration disk, like Disney's WOW, and do it yourself.
Old 02-10-2016, 03:01 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I will buying this PJ this weekend. I don't have a 3d blu-ray player, I have a media streamer that will do Blu-ray 3D SBS. Can someone please tell me if I can send "Full" SBS video files, or if the 5030ub will only do "Half " SBS? I have been scouring the net and haven't found a definitive answer to this. Thanks for your help. Also, how does the 2d-3d conversion look?
John
Old Yesterday, 02:13 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I am a brand new owner of this Epson projector, as of last night. I was wondering if anyone had noticed a problem I have noticed, in that the projector is in tolerant of drops in voltage, even from using a connector to join cables. My projector gives a great picture as long as I use a single HDMI cable from my AVR to the back of my projector. However if I place a 90? connector, to better place the cable, the screen says "no signal detected" This tells me that the Epson projector cannot tolerate the slightest reduction in voltage, even from a single connector. Has anyone else noticed this? I suppose I will have to buy an amplifier now
Old Yesterday, 02:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 310 Post(s)
Liked: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by cme4brain View Post
I am a brand new owner of this Epson projector, as of last night. I was wondering if anyone had noticed a problem I have noticed, in that the projector is in tolerant of drops in voltage, even from using a connector to join cables. My projector gives a great picture as long as I use a single HDMI cable from my AVR to the back of my projector. However if I place a 90? connector, to better place the cable, the screen says "no signal detected" This tells me that the Epson projector cannot tolerate the slightest reduction in voltage, even from a single connector. Has anyone else noticed this? I suppose I will have to buy an amplifier now
Conventional wisdom is that you want to avoid as many connections as you can. I don't know if it's voltage, per se,

Personally, I have a 35' redmere going from my AVR, through a scoop, up the wall, through the ceiling, to a hdmi plate. With a 18" cable (maybe 12") from there to the PJ

How long is your cable? Are you pushing the HDMI limit already? Maybe an active cable like my redmere would help?
Old Yesterday, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cme4brain View Post
I suppose I will have to buy an amplifier now
I guess you could use that as a reason to buy a new amp, or you could get something like this, a 25' HDMI cable with one end a 90:
http://www.amazon.com/KabelDirekt-An...ree+hdmi+cable
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	31DVAdshe5L._SL500_SS125_.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	2.4 KB
ID:	1247385  
Old Today, 04:46 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuke61 View Post
I guess you could use that as a reason to buy a new amp, or you could get something like this, a 25' HDMI cable with one end a 90:
http://www.amazon.com/KabelDirekt-An...ree+hdmi+cable
Thanks so much. It is only the HDMI cable that needs to be amplified. My 50 foot cable would be very difficult to replace, so I will have to live with it. I have ordered an HDMI amplifier to see if that will help, if not, then I will live with it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
Epson 5030ub 2d 3d 1080p 3lcd Projector