Official Epson EH-TW 9200 5030UB Owners' Thread - Page 198 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 360Likes

post #5911 of 5918 Old 08-11-2016, 07:45 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mos7272 View Post
Hi All,
just need help with my Epson 9200 5030UB. i only got mine few weeks ago and the fan noise is unbearable when on higher lamb setting. i have been searching about it and some people have same issue and some say there is no issue. is it possible that some units are better than other ? i want to complain to Epson but then how do i prove that mine is louder than others? can anyone help with that?

You could return it and get the 5040 that comes out in a couple weeks. With that one it has another mode between ECO and Normal that is every bit as bright as high lamp mode on the 5030 but apparently is much quieter. I also have the 5030 and when I hung it on the ceiling it definitely added noise. It's not really bothersome when I'm watching an action movie but fan noise will be a bigger priority with my next projector and the new Epson's in Medium mode supposedly check that box. I'd highly consider that vs. spending the next three years watching a darker picture or noticing the fan noise in high lamp mode during quieter scenes.
Bluescale likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5912 of 5918 Old 08-11-2016, 05:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnappo View Post
Blue band is exactly the problem I had with my 3020 that I just bought a 5030ub to fix.

See this thead:
Epson 3010 help fixing blue band on right side

If you go down that thread rabbit hole you willbfind some instructions on opening the projector and reseating lenses. I tried it, it was hard and didn't fix it, but maybe you will have better luck.

xnappo
Worked for me. had to redo it every 6 months or so due to thermal cycling. Today opened it up again to reseat and ended up damaging an LCD ribbon due to over cycling / bending. also some of the clips on the board that clamps the ribbon cables from the LCD to the main board loosened and fell off.

Long story short now looking at a used 5030 to replace the 3010. No regrets though. The lens reseat worked for years.
post #5913 of 5918 Old 08-13-2016, 08:11 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Hello, I am hoping someone can help me. I have had the 5030UB for awhile now, and it has served me well.

Right in the middle of a movie today, suddenly these little squares showed up all over the screen in a grid pattern. Each square is made of red, green, blue dots. See photo.

It does it even without the receiver on, and I checked the cables. I think it is the projector.

What can I do about this? I'm going to go dig up my paperwork before I contact Epson, but was hoping there was something I could do on my end?

Thanks for any advice.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160813_230011.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	171.2 KB
ID:	1601361   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160813_230017.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	195.7 KB
ID:	1601369   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160813_223148.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	198.1 KB
ID:	1601377  
post #5914 of 5918 Old 08-13-2016, 09:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 315 Post(s)
Liked: 1320
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejfriis View Post
Hello, I am hoping someone can help me. I have had the 5030UB for awhile now, and it has served me well.

Right in the middle of a movie today, suddenly these little squares showed up all over the screen in a grid pattern. Each square is made of red, green, blue dots. See photo.

It does it even without the receiver on, and I checked the cables. I think it is the projector.

What can I do about this? I'm going to go dig up my paperwork before I contact Epson, but was hoping there was something I could do on my end?

Thanks for any advice.
Unfortunately, it's a bad omen. You can try to power the unit down completely by removing the power cable and reseting all options to default. Them try the test screens for panel alignment to see if the problems exist there. If they do, your LCDS or LCD controller are bad.
post #5915 of 5918 Old 08-15-2016, 05:29 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by climber07 View Post
Unfortunately, it's a bad omen. You can try to power the unit down completely by removing the power cable and reseting all options to default. Them try the test screens for panel alignment to see if the problems exist there. If they do, your LCDS or LCD controller are bad.

Actually removing the power cable and plugging back in fixed it! I called Epson, and that was also their advice. He says a 'false error' occurs occasionally, and it has something to do with the screen door effect in the lens. I pushed for a more technical explanation but didn't get one. He made it sound like this is somewhat common, and might happen once or twice over the lifetime of the projector.

I'll post back if I see it again.

Overall I found the customer support helpful and polite.
post #5916 of 5918 Old 08-15-2016, 06:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 315 Post(s)
Liked: 1320
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejfriis View Post
Actually removing the power cable and plugging back in fixed it! I called Epson, and that was also their advice. He says a 'false error' occurs occasionally, and it has something to do with the screen door effect in the lens. I pushed for a more technical explanation but didn't get one. He made it sound like this is somewhat common, and might happen once or twice over the lifetime of the projector.

I'll post back if I see it again.

Overall I found the customer support helpful and polite.
That's awesome news. Glad you're out of the woods on that one. They do have great customer service.
post #5917 of 5918 Old 08-15-2016, 09:06 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Has anyone found any easy home fixes for a loud iris? I got a new unit recently due to lamp flicker in my old one. The iris on this one is quieter than my old one. I'm not sure if it's the fact that it's a different unit or that I did something different/better when installing it. That made me think maybe there is a way to make it even quieter. Like maybe by putting rubber somewhere to avoid vibration or something. Just thought I'd see. Any ideas? Thanks?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #5918 of 5918 Old Today, 10:14 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 102
My 5030 has developed a semi-bright red blob all of the sudden. It's by the left edge of the picture, about halfway up, about the size of 3 quarters (coins) on my 100" screen, and only visible on darker content. I see it when that area is maybe IRE 40 and down to black. It's fairly distracting. Since it only shows on dark content I can't get a good picture of it though.

Does anybody know what it might be?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Epson 5030ub 2d 3d 1080p 3lcd Projector
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page