Official Epson EH-TW 9200 5030UB Owners' Thread - Page 203 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 385Likes

post #6061 of 6089 Old 06-22-2017, 07:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by climber07 View Post
If it is your driver, you may see some information in the Windows event viewer. Do you have any other video source to connect to the projector to test?
Thanks.

I have it hooked up to a blu ray player - no issues there. Don't have another video card to use with it handy to troubleshoot.

Guess I just need to rollback driver and see.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6062 of 6089 Old 07-07-2017, 01:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoupebandit View Post
I just updated my Epson 6030 to V111 from V100. Then a Forum Member said the LATEST was Version 1.12? I got the link and there is a version V1.12, so what does this Firmware Upgrade Do? And WHY is nobody talking about it?

The V111 was for the Detail Enhancement Upgrade, that is all the upgrade dealt with, SO what does V1.12 actually do?
Quote:
Originally Posted by willieconway View Post
Nothing relevant. It updates the service menu.
Stupid question...Can I go straight from V100 to V112? I would assume all the enhancements from V111 are included in the latest version (V112), but just wanted to confirm before doing the upgrade. Finally getting around to doing this after owning the projector for a couple years.
post #6063 of 6089 Old 07-07-2017, 02:01 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Liked: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Stupid question...Can I go straight from V100 to V112? I would assume all the enhancements from V111 are included in the latest version (V112), but just wanted to confirm before doing the upgrade. Finally getting around to doing this after owning the projector for a couple years.
I've never heard of having to install in-between firmware versions on anything. Also, Epson's instructions specifically say "an earlier version" and not "the previous version". If it were me, I'd go ahead. However, if you want to be certain you could check with their (always helpful) customer service first.

Adjusting settings according to personal preference is not calibration.

Epson 5030UB, 100" Carada Criterion with Classic Cinema White, Onkyo TX-NR818, NHT Classic 3s, Classic ThreeC, SuperZero 2.1s, Mirage Omni S10, Oppo 103D.

My Blu-Ray collection

post #6064 of 6089 Old 07-07-2017, 02:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I've never heard of having to install in-between firmware versions on anything. Also, Epson's instructions specifically say "an earlier version" and not "the previous version". If it were me, I'd go ahead. However, if you want to be certain you could check with their (always helpful) customer service first.
Thanks. I'll give it a shot. Seems like it should work.

Thinking it might be a good time to replace the lamp as well. I see prices all over the place...can anyone recommend a vendor who sells legit OEM lamps at a decent price?
post #6065 of 6089 Old 07-07-2017, 02:32 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Thanks. I'll give it a shot. Seems like it should work.

Thinking it might be a good time to replace the lamp as well. I see prices all over the place...can anyone recommend a vendor who sells legit OEM lamps at a decent price?
I recently bought one from B&H Photo. With no tax or shipping theirs was the best price I could find. I didn't do a ton of research though, and you may be able to find a better deal. Just make sure it's not TOO good.

Epson 5030UB, 100" Carada Criterion with Classic Cinema White, Onkyo TX-NR818, NHT Classic 3s, Classic ThreeC, SuperZero 2.1s, Mirage Omni S10, Oppo 103D.

My Blu-Ray collection
post #6066 of 6089 Old 07-07-2017, 02:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I recently bought one from B&H Photo. With no tax or shipping theirs was the best price I could find. I didn't do a ton of research though, and you may be able to find a better deal. Just make sure it's not TOO good.
Do you think it's safe to say if you aren't paying between $250 and $300 you aren't getting the real Mccoy?

I mean these seem too good to be true...

http://www.apexlamps.com/index.php?r...FRJYDQodwqkMSg

http://www.purelandsupply.com/elp-lp...iABEgIw9vD_BwE
post #6067 of 6089 Old 07-07-2017, 02:40 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Do you think it's safe to say if you aren't paying between $250 and $300 you aren't getting the real Mccoy?

I mean these seem too good to be true...

http://www.apexlamps.com/index.php?r...FRJYDQodwqkMSg

http://www.purelandsupply.com/elp-lp...iABEgIw9vD_BwE
I'd stay far away...

My Blu-Ray collection
post #6068 of 6089 Old 08-05-2017, 06:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I'm having trouble getting my projector to take the firmware upgrade. I follow the instructions, but when I get to the part where you eject the Epson (from your PC) and remove the USB cable, the projector is supposed to blink, install the new firmware and then shut off. But when I eject it and remove the USB cable the projector just turns off. When I turn it back on and check the firmware, it remains at V100. Anyone know what I might be doing wrong?
post #6069 of 6089 Old 08-06-2017, 09:21 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
I'm having trouble getting my projector to take the firmware upgrade. I follow the instructions, but when I get to the part where you eject the Epson (from your PC) and remove the USB cable, the projector is supposed to blink, install the new firmware and then shut off. But when I eject it and remove the USB cable the projector just turns off. When I turn it back on and check the firmware, it remains at V100. Anyone know what I might be doing wrong?
Same problem here.
post #6070 of 6089 Old 08-06-2017, 11:19 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Quote:
People have reported issues using Windows versions newer than Windows 7 (8.1, 10). When you connect to the projector and copy over the firmware file, enable the option to show hidden files and delete anything else that might have been copied over there. Others have reported being able to do the firmware upgrade after booting into Safe mode on the PC, others ended up using an old laptop or other machine with Windows 7. Here are the official Epson upgrade instructions that describe the USB cable update, in case you didn't have it - good luck ...

Epson 5030 Firmware Update

Last edited by WestCDA; 08-06-2017 at 11:27 AM.
post #6071 of 6089 Old 08-07-2017, 08:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCDA View Post
People have reported issues using Windows versions newer than Windows 7 (8.1, 10). When you connect to the projector and copy over the firmware file, enable the option to show hidden files and delete anything else that might have been copied over there. Others have reported being able to do the firmware upgrade after booting into Safe mode on the PC, others ended up using an old laptop or other machine with Windows 7. Here are the official Epson upgrade instructions that describe the USB cable update, in case you didn't have it - good luck ...

Epson 5030 Firmware Update
Thanks for the info. Could be a Windows issue as I'm running 10 on my laptop. Perhaps I'll try safe mode...but I've lost most of my desire to do the firmware upgrade now that the projector is back up on the shelf again. lol
post #6072 of 6089 Old 08-08-2017, 01:44 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Hi everyone, I have a EH-TW8200w (same as 5030ub I believe, at least spec-wise) and am curious about how loud the fans are supposed to be. I was slightly suprised recently to read others say that it should be pretty much silent in eco mode, which is what I use exclusively. In my experience, it's not loud, but it's certainly not silent. Mine is about the same volume as a loud whisper and a similar level to my fridge when it's on. In my quiet house, I'd have to be beyond about 25 feet away to not be able to hear it. Both the inlet and outlet fans appear to make a similar amount of noise (although one's lower in frequency, the other higher). Does this sound like the fans are operating at the volume level they should be? Thanks, Matt
post #6073 of 6089 Old 08-08-2017, 05:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 665 Post(s)
Liked: 383
^^ Which way is your PJ mounted? The fan is supposedly louder in ceiling mode (i.e. when mounted upside down). Mine is on a rear shelf (i.e. not using ceiling mode) and the fan in eco mode is not at all objectionable. It's noticable in a quiet room but not once a movie starts.
post #6074 of 6089 Old 08-08-2017, 03:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by projam View Post
Hi everyone, I have a EH-TW8200w (same as 5030ub I believe, at least spec-wise) and am curious about how loud the fans are supposed to be. I was slightly suprised recently to read others say that it should be pretty much silent in eco mode, which is what I use exclusively. In my experience, it's not loud, but it's certainly not silent. Mine is about the same volume as a loud whisper and a similar level to my fridge when it's on. In my quiet house, I'd have to be beyond about 25 feet away to not be able to hear it. Both the inlet and outlet fans appear to make a similar amount of noise (although one's lower in frequency, the other higher). Does this sound like the fans are operating at the volume level they should be? Thanks, Matt
Do you have super white or other enhancements on? Those can cause it to kick into higher RPMs.
post #6075 of 6089 Old 08-09-2017, 10:21 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnappo View Post
Do you have super white or other enhancements on? Those can cause it to kick into higher RPMs.
Thanks for the ideas guys. I do typically use super white and super resolution, but I've just done an experiment and turned those off, and it didn't seem to make any difference to the volume of the fans. And the projector is indeed on a shelf, not ceiling-mounted.
post #6076 of 6089 Old 08-09-2017, 10:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 620 Post(s)
Liked: 1998
Quote:
Originally Posted by projam View Post
Thanks for the ideas guys. I do typically use super white and super resolution, but I've just done an experiment and turned those off, and it didn't seem to make any difference to the volume of the fans. And the projector is indeed on a shelf, not ceiling-mounted.
Acoustic foam beside the projector, allowing for adequate airflow, may absorb some of the noise if it is distracting. I can't imaging listening at a volume low enough to hear the fan if you are in ECO mode. On normal, it is fairly loud.

Power Sound Audio S7201 Quad 18" 4000W Sealed Subwoofer - Onkyo TX-NR3009 - Emotiva XPA-2 300 WPC - Polk Audio RTiA9 Mains - CSiA6 Center - F/XiA6 Surrounds - Epson 5030UB Projector - Multi-format 106" HD Gray screen - Samsung BD-F5900 3D Bluray - WDTV Live HD Media Player with 6TB External Storage - Nintendo Wii - XBox 360 - - XBox One S - Logitech Harmony One, and custom DIY media console...
post #6077 of 6089 Old 08-14-2017, 12:59 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Hello. I'm a long time lurker and thank everyone for sharing their experience and invaluable knowledge.

I bought the excellent Epson EH-TW9200 two years ago. My firmware is still at factory V102.

I calibrated in dark man-cave via Cinema mode with perfect results.

The only issue is that I cannot find THX color mode option at all. When pressing color mode button I only get:

- Dynamic
- Living Room
- Natural; and
- Cinema (no THX option displayed).

Shouldn't THX color mode be available?

Did I miss anything at all?
post #6078 of 6089 Old 08-14-2017, 02:00 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fahadm View Post
Hello. I'm a long time lurker and thank everyone for sharing their experience and invaluable knowledge.

I bought the excellent Epson EH-TW9200 two years ago. My firmware is still at factory V102.

I calibrated in dark man-cave via Cinema mode with perfect results.

The only issue is that I cannot find THX color mode option at all. When pressing color mode button I only get:

- Dynamic
- Living Room
- Natural; and
- Cinema (no THX option displayed).

Shouldn't THX color mode be available?

Did I miss anything at all?
It seems unlike the US Epson 5030, the European Epson model 9200 doesn't have THX mode (for licensing reasons outside USA).

Sorry for my previous post .
post #6079 of 6089 Old 08-15-2017, 03:02 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey guys, this weekend I was able to pick up a 5030 for a really low price ($550) off of Craigslist and I'm hoping maybe I can get a bit of help with a few questions:

So, the projector wasn't set up to test out or inspect, but at the price I got it for it seemed worth the risk. Anyway, I got it home and it seems to be working well and throws a clear image. It does have 3500 Dynamic hours (I'm assuming, since it was set to Dynamic mode when I booted it up) on it, though, which was a bit more than I was expecting given the "very low usage" description in the ad.

Anyway, my issue is that THX/Cinema modes seem very very dark, while Dynamic/Living Room modes have it looking like a light canon. This is replacing an Optoma HD25e that also had 3500 eco hours on it and the THX mode is much darker than where I was at before. The Dynamic, however, is much brighter and seems to have a lot of fan noise. A lot more than the Optoma in bright mode.

So my questions are:

Is the fan supposed to be so loud in Dynamic/Living Room mode? Is it possible to clean/replace the fans? I've already cleaned the filter (which was very dirty) but it didn't seem to help with the noise. I'm ordering a new filter this week.

At 3500 bright hours, would my bulb be significantly dimmer than it should be? I'm hoping that maybe a lamp swap would bring the THX/Cinema brightness up to the levels of the eco mode on the Optoma.

BTW, this is all in a regular living room with curtains on the windows, at night time, with light colored walls, and a 100" screen. So they're not the greatest conditions, but they're not the worst.

Thanks for any help / advice.
post #6080 of 6089 Old 08-15-2017, 09:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradandtheater View Post
Hey guys, this weekend I was able to pick up a 5030 for a really low price ($550) off of Craigslist and I'm hoping maybe I can get a bit of help with a few questions:

So, the projector wasn't set up to test out or inspect, but at the price I got it for it seemed worth the risk. Anyway, I got it home and it seems to be working well and throws a clear image. It does have 3500 Dynamic hours (I'm assuming, since it was set to Dynamic mode when I booted it up) on it, though, which was a bit more than I was expecting given the "very low usage" description in the ad.

Anyway, my issue is that THX/Cinema modes seem very very dark, while Dynamic/Living Room modes have it looking like a light canon. This is replacing an Optoma HD25e that also had 3500 eco hours on it and the THX mode is much darker than where I was at before. The Dynamic, however, is much brighter and seems to have a lot of fan noise. A lot more than the Optoma in bright mode.

So my questions are:

Is the fan supposed to be so loud in Dynamic/Living Room mode? Is it possible to clean/replace the fans? I've already cleaned the filter (which was very dirty) but it didn't seem to help with the noise. I'm ordering a new filter this week.

At 3500 bright hours, would my bulb be significantly dimmer than it should be? I'm hoping that maybe a lamp swap would bring the THX/Cinema brightness up to the levels of the eco mode on the Optoma.

BTW, this is all in a regular living room with curtains on the windows, at night time, with light colored walls, and a 100" screen. So they're not the greatest conditions, but they're not the worst.

Thanks for any help / advice.
Dynamic/living room mode is much louder than ECO.

THX is darker. Calibration is a must for each type of screen/distance, room, ambient lighting, source, etc.

The bulb will be much dimmer at 3500 hours on dynamic. You average about 2000 hours on dynamic and about 4000 on ECO before dimming gets noticeable. Investing in an original Epson bulb for 200 - 300 bucks is a must.

Cleaning the fans shouldn't be a factor. Keeping the filter clean is easy as pie. If you have to disassemble your PJ to clean fans, I'd recommend a very clean room and some very good electronics skills.

Controlling the ambient light is key to projectors. Especially when you use THX modes. I' almost always in ECO living room mode. I have covered my windows in the room except for one but most of our watching is in the evening anyway. Daytime watching requires room darkening shades. You can help a little by applying window tint from Lowe's to the windows. I bought the Gila Titanium Heat-Control Window Tint from Lowe's. It's not easy to install, but works great.
bradandtheater likes this.

Power Sound Audio S7201 Quad 18" 4000W Sealed Subwoofer - Onkyo TX-NR3009 - Emotiva XPA-2 300 WPC - Polk Audio RTiA9 Mains - CSiA6 Center - F/XiA6 Surrounds - Epson 5030UB Projector - Multi-format 106" HD Gray screen - Samsung BD-F5900 3D Bluray - WDTV Live HD Media Player with 6TB External Storage - Nintendo Wii - XBox 360 - - XBox One S - Logitech Harmony One, and custom DIY media console...
post #6081 of 6089 Old 08-15-2017, 11:36 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by climber07 View Post
Dynamic/living room mode is much louder than ECO.

THX is darker. Calibration is a must for each type of screen/distance, room, ambient lighting, source, etc.

The bulb will be much dimmer at 3500 hours on dynamic. You average about 2000 hours on dynamic and about 4000 on ECO before dimming gets noticeable. Investing in an original Epson bulb for 200 - 300 bucks is a must.

Cleaning the fans shouldn't be a factor. Keeping the filter clean is easy as pie. If you have to disassemble your PJ to clean fans, I'd recommend a very clean room and some very good electronics skills.

Controlling the ambient light is key to projectors. Especially when you use THX modes. I' almost always in ECO living room mode. I have covered my windows in the room except for one but most of our watching is in the evening anyway. Daytime watching requires room darkening shades. You can help a little by applying window tint from Lowe's to the windows. I bought the Gila Titanium Heat-Control Window Tint from Lowe's. It's not easy to install, but works great.
Thanks for the info. Do you have a place where you recommend getting legit Epson bulbs? So far the best price I've come across is B&H at $259 (vs $300 on Epson's official site).
post #6082 of 6089 Old 08-15-2017, 11:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradandtheater View Post
Thanks for the info. Do you have a place where you recommend getting legit Epson bulbs? So far the best price I've come across is B&H at $259 (vs $300 on Epson's official site).
Epson's website is a sure-fire original. They charge more than anyone else.

B&H is a reputable site with returns - safe choice but still a little pricey.

Newegg has original ELPLP69 for about 200 but the seller has questionable returns and a complete lack of customer service.

Amazon may be a good source but the reliability may be questionable. Some resellers replace the lamp with refurbished housings. I wouldn't go for those and recommend researching until you can find an "brand new and original" Epson replacement.

post #6083 of 6089 Old 09-25-2017, 07:18 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I have an Epson 5030 projector w/120" screen and Oppo 103d 3d bluray player. I have begun to notice semi-transparent vertical bars appearing at the left and right of the screen during certain scenes in 3D movies. They appear at consistent points in the movies, that is to say they are repeatable and not totally random. In most movies they are fairly subtle, and about an inch in width, and usually last only a few seconds. I watched GOTG2 over the weekend and the issue was extremely distracting and frequent, many times worse than in other movies. The vertical bars were as wide as 4 inches on both sides of the screen during some scenes. See the pictures. Firmware is updated on both projector and player. Played around with 3d and other settings quite a bit on both, but to no avail. 3D depth is set at 0 and makes no difference in the problem. Tried both projector hdmi inputs. Anyone seen anything like this before? Could it just be the disk? Like I said, fairly subtle in some other titles, GOTG2 is nearly unwatchable (regardless of what you think of the movie itself). I never noticed the problem before, but only had a handful of 3D movies up until recently I went on a 3D buying binge. Any thoughts?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170925_195350.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	480.5 KB
ID:	2288260   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170925_195527.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	558.7 KB
ID:	2288262   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170925_200245.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	554.7 KB
ID:	2288264  

Last edited by barnabas; 09-26-2017 at 06:23 AM.
post #6084 of 6089 Old 09-25-2017, 07:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 169 Post(s)
Quoted: 3380 Post(s)
Liked: 2887
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnabas View Post
I have an Epson 5030 projector w/120" screen and Oppo 103d 3d bluray player. I have begun to notice opaque vertical bars appearing at the left and right of the screen during certain scenes in 3D movies. They appear at consistent points in the movies, that is to say they are repeatable and not totally random. In most movies they are fairly subtle, and about an inch in width, and usually last only a few seconds. I watched GOTG2 over the weekend and the issue was extremely distracting and frequent, many times worse than in other movies. The vertical bars were as wide as 4 inches on both sides of the screen during some scenes. See the pictures. Firmware is updated on both projector and player. Played around with 3d and other settings quite a bit on both, but to no avail. 3D depth is set at 0 and makes no difference in the problem. Tried both projector hdmi inputs. Anyone seen anything like this before? Could it just be the disk? Like I said, fairly subtle in some other titles, GOTG2 is nearly unwatchable (regardless of what you think of the movie itself). I never noticed the problem before, but only had a handful of 3D movies up until recently I went on a 3D buying binge. Any thoughts?
Its part of the film, its when there is more extreme parralax happening.

Here is an actual source extract screenshot from the file itself.

And a normal frame

JVC X9500 (RS620) | OZTS Majestic 120" 16:9 | Marantz AV7702 MkII | Emotiva XPA-7 | Rotel RMB-1555B | DIY TPL-150 L/C/R | DIY MTM TPL-150 Surrounds | DIY Dolby Atmos Modules | DIY Quad 18" Subs 30cf
-
Shootout - JVC RS500 & Sony 320ES | My MadVR Settings
post #6085 of 6089 Old 09-25-2017, 08:04 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javs View Post
Its part of the film, its when there is more extreme parralax happening.
Are you saying it is a flaw in the way they converted it, or that it is an intentional effect? I understand that the film changes aspect ratio, which is great. But I have never seen this in any of the dozen or so 3d blurays I have, at least not to this extreme degree. Why does it do it on one side, or the other, or sometimes on both sides? And the semi-transparent nature of the bars is puzzling. When I switch the projector to 2D mode or pause, the bars go solid black, like in your first picture. Very odd.

Last edited by barnabas; 09-26-2017 at 06:23 AM.
post #6086 of 6089 Old 09-25-2017, 08:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 169 Post(s)
Quoted: 3380 Post(s)
Liked: 2887
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnabas View Post
Are you saying it is a flaw in the way they converted it, or that it is an intentional effect? I understand that the film changes aspect ratio, which is great. But I have never seen this in any of the dozen or so 3d blurays I have, at least not to this extreme degree. Why does it do it on one side, or the other, or sometimes on both sides? And the opaque nature of the bars is puzzling. When I switch the projector to 2D mode or pause, the bars go solid black, like in your first picture. Very odd.
It also happens in Dr Strange.

Not sure how you wanna frame it, I think its jarring too.

JVC X9500 (RS620) | OZTS Majestic 120" 16:9 | Marantz AV7702 MkII | Emotiva XPA-7 | Rotel RMB-1555B | DIY TPL-150 L/C/R | DIY MTM TPL-150 Surrounds | DIY Dolby Atmos Modules | DIY Quad 18" Subs 30cf
-
Shootout - JVC RS500 & Sony 320ES | My MadVR Settings
post #6087 of 6089 Old 10-05-2017, 05:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Exclamation

I have a problem with my 5030UB that I'm hoping you guys can help me with.

I turned my PJ on after returning from a business trip (wife and cats were using it while I was gone ). The image is now turned 90°

When I turned the PJ on, the startup image and print is correct, but once it starts displaying the income image (from my PC via HDMI 2), the image is now rotated 90°. I disconnected the HDMI cable and routed it into another monitor and the image is correct, so the issue seems to be at the projector. I looked and don't see any buttons on the remote that seem to allow the image to be rotated 90°, nor did I notice anything in the menus.

Any idea what the issue is?
post #6088 of 6089 Old 10-05-2017, 10:46 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet1 View Post
I have a problem with my 5030UB that I'm hoping you guys can help me with.

I turned my PJ on after returning from a business trip (wife and cats were using it while I was gone ). The image is now turned 90°

When I turned the PJ on, the startup image and print is correct, but once it starts displaying the income image (from my PC via HDMI 2), the image is now rotated 90°. I disconnected the HDMI cable and routed it into another monitor and the image is correct, so the issue seems to be at the projector. I looked and don't see any buttons on the remote that seem to allow the image to be rotated 90°, nor did I notice anything in the menus.

Any idea what the issue is?
There's a setting to invert the picture on the projector, but I don't recall a setting to rotate the projected image 90º.

Have you tried plugging a different device into your projector's HDMI 2 input? Just a guess, but your projector might be working fine. It's possible your computer is remembering that you previously set it to output with a 90º rotation to that device, i.e., the projector. Good luck w/ it.
post #6089 of 6089 Old 10-07-2017, 01:26 PM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Morgan View Post
There's a setting to invert the picture on the projector, but I don't recall a setting to rotate the projected image 90º.

Have you tried plugging a different device into your projector's HDMI 2 input? Just a guess, but your projector might be working fine. It's possible your computer is remembering that you previously set it to output with a 90º rotation to that device, i.e., the projector. Good luck w/ it.

There's also a setting for whether the projector is mounted upside down on the ceiling which rotates the picture (and increases the fan speed) and whether it's positioned as front or rear projection which flips the picture.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Epson 5030ub 2d 3d 1080p 3lcd Projector

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page