Official Epson EH-TW 9200 5030UB Owners' Thread - Page 204 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 387Likes

post #6091 of 6092 Old 10-20-2017, 09:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Reporting back about some projector bulb findings for my 5030 (just in case anyone else ends up here looking for the same thing I was looking for)....

I ordered a new lamp from seller Projector Lamp Genie on NewEgg (https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...33&ignorebbr=1) and while I have not yet installed the lamp, it does appear to be a genuine Epson lamp. The box is sealed with an Epson sticker label (including small Epson hologram), and inside the box is real looking documentation as well as the small metal tool for opening the lamp door.

I'll report back if I find anything wrong with it after installation, but so far it looks like a great deal on a genuine bulb.
xnappo and climber07 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6092 of 6092 Old Today, 03:43 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by redderflag View Post
Do you guys think the picture quality would be better if the source is 4K with this projector?
I read that when 4k video is downscaled to 1080p, it will have more information to provide than original 1080p content. Is that true? If yes, can 5030 make use of this information to provide a better picture quality?
Please share your experiences watching 4K content on this projector. Thanks!

Nope. Whatever the source it will be downscaled to 1080p. That’s the best the PJ can handle. The extra data will be stripped out. At that point you’re at the mercy of a consumer grade player downconverting to 1080p and would probably be worse than a professionally produced 1080p blu ray.

And I don’t think the HDMI ports are 4K compatible. During the handshake the 4K source will see the 5030 as having a max resolution of 1080p and will have to downsample or just not work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Epson 5030ub 2d 3d 1080p 3lcd Projector

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page