JVC RANGE 2014 2015 : Native 4K with E-SHIFT and simulated 8K - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 197 Old 09-25-2013, 11:12 AM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 409
You're right! I'm going either Fri or Sat.

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 197 Old 09-25-2013, 11:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 140
Anyone CAN go, just buy a plane ticket or drive. I could go as well, I can make the drive in less than one day to Pueblo or Colorado Springs, spend the night there, then just go in the morning. Could just buy a plane ticket but often expensive without 2 weeks pre-booking, or use miles if you had to. I would hav e to go incognito, I've made too many people mad, someone might catch me in a dark alley in RL smile.gif

You won't be able to do much if any real comparisons there, a few might be comparable in one way or another, but not overall. Not that it's not awesome to go see all the new stuff though...

Quick and Easy Shelf Mount Method for both one projector or dual stacks

Web Calculator v023 & v025
- Quick Peak at the new upcoming calculator
**Current Projector Calculator** -- http://www.eliteprojectorcalculator.com

Coder's Top Projector Picks of 2012 --http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread....

post #183 of 197 Old 09-25-2013, 01:52 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highjinx View Post

Currently a DI responds to a Highj/Mid/Low APL scene and opens/closes the iris/ adjusts gamma as required....the full closing of the iris will only need to respond an absolute low level and open up on anything above that.

Seems to me it would be highly problematic transitioning from full black to having image content.

If the black level is high enough that a hard FTB is worthwhile, then it would be obvious when it increases again when image content returns.

Noah
post #184 of 197 Old 09-25-2013, 02:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark haflich View Post

Toe. The only way to tell is to go and see for yourself and to ask questions. And you can almost walk there. How many avid forum members like you would bypass the opportunity to see for yourself when you lived very near to the Expo? Many want to attend a Cedia but its expensive if you have to fly there, get a hotel, pay for food and all the other expenses, and be away from their families for x number of days. Your costs would be nil except for maybe gas and parking.

Here here here! Well said Mark. C'mon Toe... damn if I lived near Denver I would be there no question. Unless .... unless ..... you're "afraid" you just might reach for the checkbook or be figuring out how to put it on Bill Me Later with an order, if you get blown away by something you can maybe afford. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif
post #185 of 197 Old 09-25-2013, 02:28 PM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonF View Post

Here here here! Well said Mark. C'mon Toe... damn if I lived near Denver I would be there no question. Unless .... unless ..... you're "afraid" you just might reach for the checkbook or be figuring out how to put it on Bill Me Later with an order, if you get blown away by something you can maybe afford. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Exactly!!!!!!! There is nothing I am tempted with right now, but being the HT junkie that I am, going to the show and seeing something that changes my mind might be more than I am strong enough to resist! biggrin.gif I have decided to go though so if I end up buying a new Sony and loosing my home, I will just move in with Mark since this would all be his fault at that point for being a bad influence! tongue.gif

post #186 of 197 Old 09-25-2013, 04:08 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 320
Bad influence? I am a role model!

Mark Haflich
markhaflich@yahoo.com
call me at: 240 876 2536
post #187 of 197 Old 09-25-2013, 04:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

You are the guy in the dark alley wearing the long black trenchcoat hanging out near Cedia that goes "Psst, hey come here I got this new product, it's called 4k"...

Coder's Top Projector Picks of 2012 --http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread....

post #188 of 197 Old 09-25-2013, 04:42 PM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

It goes without saying that many of us here, including myself, are addicts. I was trying to kick the habbit this year and not be tempted by the "new product" and now you have talked me into going to Cedia which will lead to who knows what as far as purchases.........yeah, you are basically a drug dealer Mark! tongue.gif

post #189 of 197 Old 09-25-2013, 04:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Exactly, and what he is selling isn't just a simple $50 fix you get now and then, it's more like $10,000 to $35,000 every few years. Oh and then if that's not enough, you will be encouraged to keep up with other forum members, or else people will say things like "you can't afford it", "all the cool kids have 4k", "look at that silly Bluray"...

You know, now that I think about it, lots of parallels between 4k and hardcore street drugs.

post #190 of 197 Old 09-25-2013, 04:59 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 320
You know a certain dealer who likes to attack me here when talking to some of my customers back when, told them I had a serious alcohol problem. I probably average 1 or 2 drinks a wee and my problem is I can't afford the price of my favorite bourbon which has gone from about $120 a bottle 5 years back to now over a grand.

Mark Haflich
markhaflich@yahoo.com
call me at: 240 876 2536
post #191 of 197 Old 09-25-2013, 05:12 PM
AVS Special Member

It doesn't help that some of us live near places that have legal gambling, so we see a $500,000 projector and think, hmm let's try some blackjack. You are an enabler (sorry this is just too fun).
We only give you a hard time because you give everyone else a hard time (but I suppose I do it as well) :P

Too bad you drank that bourbon, wow $1000 a bottle. I hope it was worth it. I cannot take alcohol, it gives me instant hangovers. The only thing is a few years back I had some German beer with strangely enough didn't give me a hangover, but now I don't remember what kind that was (I don't even remember that night too well). I was told it was because the German beer I had didn't have impurities, then I thought, hmm so I am allergic to impurities (nah I think it's related to sinus actually).

post #192 of 197 Old 09-25-2013, 05:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 144
Quote:

You know a certain dealer who likes to attack me here when talking to some of my customers back when, told them I had a serious alcohol problem.

Now THAT would explain a few things. Typos and odd sentence structure in most posts. Using metaphors few understand. Falling off of ladders. Making lavish purchases on 4K projectors on a whim.... tongue.gif
post #193 of 197 Old 09-25-2013, 05:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Can't stop laughing....

post #194 of 197 Old 09-26-2013, 03:16 AM

Liked: 27
I got a health check last week. I somehow managed to get my Doctor to agree that its ok to drink every day - true!

When I was asked how much I drank I said about 12 bottles of beer in a week (quite a conservative estimate) Doc said that was a few units too much, especially if they were drunk over the course of a weekend. 6 beers a night is binge drinking I was told. So Doc said a couple of beers is fine, just don't drink 6.
So I said is 10 bottles spread over a week my allowance and Doc said yes. So thats a beer every night and 2 beers on Friday Sat and Sun. I'll maybe vary slightly from this and maybe a wee extra one here and there won't hurt but the next time my good lady says 'Drinking beer on a Monday night' I'll say ' Yes, dear - Doctors orders' smile.gif
post #195 of 197 Old 09-26-2013, 09:14 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Don't know if anyone here saw this link yet from CNET but they're saying there is going to be a $5K USD JVC 4K model coming out that simulates 8K. That's within my price range now, as I have a Sony HW50es and I will sell that one and get this model if the specs and reviews turn out good. It looks like the Contrast is lacking and I don't know how bright it's going to be. I am not projecting into a bat cave like most. I have a media room in my living room with a motorized tab-tensioned 2.35 screen.

Here is the CNET link for some interested that didn't know, if this is true it's going to start some price wars...

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-33199_7-57604656-221/jvc-debuts-pseudo-4k-projectors/
post #196 of 197 Old 09-26-2013, 09:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 144
They're all still true 1080p panels with eshift faux 4k processing. Nothing true 4k from JVC this year.
post #197 of 197 Old 09-26-2013, 09:28 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmoneyman2323 View Post

Don't know if anyone here saw this link yet from CNET but they're saying there is going to be a $5K USD JVC 4K model coming out that simulates 8K. That's within my price range now, as I have a Sony HW50es and I will sell that one and get this model if the specs and reviews turn out good. It looks like the Contrast is lacking and I don't know how bright it's going to be. I am not projecting into a bat cave like most. I have a media room in my living room with a motorized tab-tensioned 2.35 screen.

Here is the CNET link for some interested that didn't know, if this is true it's going to start some price wars...

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-33199_7-57604656-221/jvc-debuts-pseudo-4k-projectors/

I don't see the article saying anything about 8K...

Here is a post that details the new JVC's

sCiEnt
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Sony Vpl Vw1000es Projector
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page