$1000 projector December or $1500 March - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 09-17-2013, 08:17 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
mastertiger101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 36
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I can either get a projector with a budget of 1000 in December or I can wait till end of March which I would have around 1500. With these two budgets, is the quality difference worth the 500$ and the months of waiting. I was thinking of the Benq w1070 if made in December or 8350 refurbished. and if at end of march I would maybe get an Epson 5010 refurbished. You can recommend other projectors. Would the difference in image quality from these two price points be worth the wait and extra money. This would be for a light controlled room on a 100 to 110" screen and for 2d viewing, I don't think I would use 3d much.
mastertiger101 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 10 Old 09-17-2013, 08:22 PM
AVS Special Member
 
zombie10k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,715
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 349 Post(s)
Liked: 394
I would save for the 5010. It's a very good all around projector, especially for $1500. You may end up liking 3D, it does a good job with it and it's quite bright.

edit: another option is an early JVC model like the RS1 or RS2.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JVC-DLA-RS1-LCoS-Projector-/231053078050?pt=US_Video_Projectors&hash=item35cbd62e22

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JVC-DLA-RS2-Projector-with-Peerless-Ceiling-Mount-/300956349937?pt=US_Video_Projectors&hash=item46126575f1

you can pick these up for $1000 or less sometimes and they are very nice 2D projectors with great contrast. They are 2D only, but this may not make a difference if you're not into 3D.
zombie10k is online now  
post #3 of 10 Old 09-17-2013, 08:54 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
mastertiger101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 36
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
They seem nice, but im afraid of buying them because they are used so afraid they might come broken etc. also being older would it be hard to find a bulb for it.
mastertiger101 is offline  
post #4 of 10 Old 09-17-2013, 09:00 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Seegs108's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Schenectady, New York
Posts: 4,466
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 565 Post(s)
Liked: 300
For $1500, JVC's Prostore on ebay has been selling b-stock RS40's with full warranties. That is a much better option for 2D viewing over the Epson 5010. They usually get more stock every other week. Keep an eye out. The only downside is they charge tax no matter the state you live in, but you do get a full warranty.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Sale: JVC DLA-RS45 1080p Reference Series 3D Projector - $1849

My Crazy Projector Journey
Seegs108 is online now  
post #5 of 10 Old 09-17-2013, 09:06 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
mastertiger101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 36
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
so I checked the outlet store section and there are only 3 items of which none are projectors, am I in the right area of the prostore? or is it that they dont have any projectors currently?
mastertiger101 is offline  
post #6 of 10 Old 09-17-2013, 09:13 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Seegs108's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Schenectady, New York
Posts: 4,466
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 565 Post(s)
Liked: 300
This is JVC's official store on ebay:

http://stores.ebay.com/JVCPROSTORE

They don't have any currently on sale. Like I said, usually once a week or every other week they list more. They sell quickly as you can imagine. Lately they've listed RS40's, RS45's, and RS55's at very great prices that come direct from their USA headquarters in CA.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Sale: JVC DLA-RS45 1080p Reference Series 3D Projector - $1849

My Crazy Projector Journey
Seegs108 is online now  
post #7 of 10 Old 09-17-2013, 09:27 PM
AVS Special Member
 
zombie10k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,715
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 349 Post(s)
Liked: 394
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastertiger101 View Post

They seem nice, but im afraid of buying them because they are used so afraid they might come broken etc. also being older would it be hard to find a bulb for it.

some of the used projectors can have very low hours, I just bought a 5 year old projector that had 75 original hours on it. When the price is low $899 you can get a great deal.

Also, the lamps for the early JVC's are readily available and quite inexpensive.
zombie10k is online now  
post #8 of 10 Old 09-18-2013, 07:10 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
mark haflich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: brookeville, maryland, usa
Posts: 20,222
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 610 Post(s)
Liked: 583
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastertiger101 View Post

I can either get a projector with a budget of 1000 in December or I can wait till end of March which I would have around 1500. With these two budgets, is the quality difference worth the 500$ and the months of waiting. I was thinking of the Benq w1070 if made in December or 8350 refurbished. and if at end of march I would maybe get an Epson 5010 refurbished. You can recommend other projectors. Would the difference in image quality from these two price points be worth the wait and extra money. This would be for a light controlled room on a 100 to 110" screen and for 2d viewing, I don't think I would use 3d much.

Why is this thread in the over $3K projector forum? Wouldn't it be better placed in some other forum?

Mark Haflich
markhaflich@yahoo.com
call me at: 240 876 2536
mark haflich is online now  
post #9 of 10 Old 09-18-2013, 07:32 AM
AVS Special Member
 
airscapes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 4,711
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark haflich View Post

Why is this thread in the over $3K projector forum? Wouldn't it be better placed in some other forum?

The problem with the 2 forums is when looking to spend $1500 you can buy new crap or use >$3000 projectors for $1500 and the info on the older high end units is not over at the other forum. Granted the OP probably just posted in the wrong place.. but there is a lot of crossover with higher end stuff now selling below the $3000 mark at the moment..
airscapes is offline  
post #10 of 10 Old 09-19-2013, 09:15 AM
AVS Special Member
 
dragonbud0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Monmouth County, NJ
Posts: 1,930
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seegs108 View Post

This is JVC's official store on ebay:

http://stores.ebay.com/JVCPROSTORE

They don't have any currently on sale. Like I said, usually once a week or every other week they list more. They sell quickly as you can imagine. Lately they've listed RS40's, RS45's, and RS55's at very great prices that come direct from their USA headquarters in CA.

The only down side is JVC store charges sales tax where as our forum sponsor does not, other than NY.
dragonbud0 is offline  
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Benq W1070 3d Ready Dlp Projector 1080p Hdtv , Epson 5010 Powerlite Home Cinema 3d Front Projector , Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 8350 , Jvc Dla Rs1 Projector
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off