QUESTIONS YOU WOULD LIKE ASKED SONY AT CEDIA ABOUT THE REPLACEMENT MODEL FOR THE VPL-VW1000ES RUMORED TO BE THE VPL-VW1100ES) AND THE UPGRADE FOR 1000ES OWNERS - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 09-23-2013, 06:53 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 416 Post(s)
Liked: 467
The title says it all. Please read it and limit suggested questions to this topic. I will collate and edit the questions and post them in this first post. I nominated William Miller to seek the answers from the appropriate Sony personnel. He has graciously agreed to ask the questions

Here are the questions I have formulated or received so far:

How does the new model differ from the present VPL-vw1000ES. Specifically, what new features are added and what features have been improved?

There were certain minor issues with the 1000ES design. Are these cured in the new design? Specifically, for the minor white banding caused by the power supply and arc flash protection circuit and for certain issues which arose when an RGB input signal was applied?

Obviously, there is a new input board. Are there other boards that have been changed? Has the light engine been modified such as to enable auto cal.?

What specifically is included in the upgrade for present VPL-VW1000ES owners. Will the latest software be installed as part of the upgrade? Once the upgrade is installed, how will the replacement model differ from an upgraded VPL-VW1000ES. Does the upgrade fix the minor two issue identified above? For example, if the new unit has a new power supply board to fix the banding issue or new firmware to fix the RGB issue, will that be included in the upgrade? If a new power supply board is not included, can it be purchased and installed separately?

Once a 1000ES is upgraded, what warranty applies to the upgrade? Is the original warranty extended by the upgrade?

A cross over question. How does the new model differ in features from the 500/600ES. A question that should be directed only to a Sony projection engineer, how does the PQ differ between the 500/600Es and the new model?

Mark Haflich

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

call me at: 240 876 2536
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 09-24-2013, 08:46 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Great idea Mark! smile.gif

For my latest Reviews and Stuff google -> Joe Rod Home Theater .Com
Check out my Dolby Atmos/Surround first take:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 Old 09-25-2013, 02:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 35
All really good questions Mark, very keen for answers to all those hopefully.

They prob won't give a flying you know what, but can you hassle the Sony reps and say there's some pretty high end VW1000 owners way down under who are getting upset at the lack of info. One is a fellow owner and forum participant who has good contacts in Aust, but is finding his main contact, the manager of Sony Business Div is not getting any info passed down the chain at all from the projector division and I'm about to starting jumping up and down over here soon as the info starts flowing through from CEDIA..

thanks Mark and good luck on our behalves cool.gif

post #4 of 9 Old 09-25-2013, 03:14 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mark won't be at Cedia because of a leg injury. The Sony people at the show will be from Sony USA plus a few engineers from Japan. Its not the right venue for pleading for equal treatment for non loci Americanus and it would not be appropriate to ask them to speak for their overseas counterparts.. My guess is that the money for the upgrade package, the setting of price, installation policies, in field yada, are all set by Sony USA and are included in its budget. If this is true, every Sony country or region for several countries will independently set their upgrade policy and price perhaps with some nudge from Japan corporate to take care of everybody.

Mark Haflich

post #5 of 9 Old 09-25-2013, 06:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 63
How early in Cedia do we expect to get the main answers for all of these products (Sony, JVC, Optoma, etc)? Are there keynotes or presentations we are waiting on, or "should" most of the info be available once people are allowed on the show floor and start talking to the manufacturers today?

post #6 of 9 Old 09-25-2013, 06:44 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Attendees vs exhibitors in general are not allowed on the show floor today. You would believe what the floor looks like today. The show floor opens tomorrow at I believe 10AM mountain time. There are press conferences early Thursday morning and answers to at least a few questions I suspect will be in the material presented. I would not expect a lot of answers until Thursday night when out intrepid volunteers get back to their rooms and have time to post. If I were there, I would not waste my valuable floor time posting. Of course if you were paying me a substantial sum and if I were attending, I could be persuaded. smile.gif

Mark Haflich

post #7 of 9 Old 09-25-2013, 06:57 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey,

Really appreciate you doing that smile.gif

If you could ask what is the plan, timing & offers for European customers I would be very gratefull.

Thanks
post #8 of 9 Old 09-25-2013, 06:59 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

This is an exhibit put on by Sony US. I do not feel it appropriate to ask them to speak for their overseas counterparts. I made an earlier post further explaining my reasoning.

Mark Haflich

post #9 of 9 Old 09-29-2013, 06:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark haflich View Post

Mark won't be at Cedia because of a leg injury. The Sony people at the show will be from Sony USA plus a few engineers from Japan. Its not the right venue for pleading for equal treatment for non loci Americanus and it would not be appropriate to ask them to speak for their overseas counterparts.. My guess is that the money for the upgrade package, the setting of price, installation policies, in field yada, are all set by Sony USA and are included in its budget. If this is true, every Sony country or region for several countries will independently set their upgrade policy and price perhaps with some nudge from Japan corporate to take care of everybody.

Mark, def wasn't a case of asking or expecting the American sony reps to speak for, let alone have time, mandate, nor interest in what's happening in Intl markets. More a bump to see if they can simply send a message back down the line, if need be via any of those proposed visiting Japanese Sony techs. Sometimes these days, thanks to the miracle of the interwebs, it's ironically easier to get a message through and back the long way around I've found.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Sony Vpl Vw1000es Projector
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page