QUESTIONS YOU WOULD LIKE ASKED JVC AT CEDIA ABOUT ITS NEW 2013 PRODUCT LINE - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 41 Old 09-25-2013, 06:27 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 363 Post(s)
Liked: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Deering View Post

Not to be a buzz kill or anything but I imagine most of these questions will be answered by default by the press conference in the morning with the info WIDELY available.

Seems to me that in the past real answers about claimed CR increases weren't answered until valid testing was done, which given typical show conditions and restrictions, could be weeks or months after CEDIA.

Noah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 41 Old 09-25-2013, 06:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:

Not to be a buzz kill or anything but I imagine most of these questions will be answered by default by the press conference in the morning with the info WIDELY available. JVC typically does a very good job with their info at the shows including technical diagrams of any new tech they come out with. But most of the questions are so generalized that I can't imagine anyone will actually need to ask JVC any of them, the info will be wide already. Same goes for a lot of the Sony questions.
That doesn't necessarily mean that info gets posted correctly here though.....I seem to recall lots of confusion about CMS's in the RS40 (for example). It would be nice if some one(s) would post the answers if it's not in the PR material.....

Geof
post #33 of 41 Old 09-25-2013, 07:47 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 371
post #34 of 41 Old 09-25-2013, 08:30 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 600 Post(s)
Liked: 576
I can't believe you are asking this. The JVC press conference is at their pro division off site location at the Embassy Suites and is from 8 to 9AM, Mountain time. the Sony press conference is from 9AM to 10PM in the Cedia press conference room. The Expo floor opens at 10AM. I don't know what time the JVC VIP lounge opens to the public. Probably shortly after the JVC press conference is over. Only actual press are allowed into the Sony press conference. JVC is a little more lax. But really. What does all this timing mean. .Whether the questions get answers posted in the morning, afternoon or evening makes little difference. .I don't believe either conference will be broadcast over the internet.

Mark Haflich
markhaflich@yahoo.com
call me at: 240 876 2536
post #35 of 41 Old 09-25-2013, 08:43 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark haflich View Post

Whether the questions get answers posted in the morning, afternoon or evening makes little difference. .

Uhm, have you forgotten which forum you are on? tongue.gif
post #36 of 41 Old 09-25-2013, 08:49 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

No. I just didn't expect this question from you. smile.gif

Mark Haflich
markhaflich@yahoo.com
post #37 of 41 Old 09-25-2013, 09:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 323 Post(s)
Liked: 394
Quote:
Originally Posted by noah katz View Post

Seems to me that in the past real answers about claimed CR increases weren't answered until valid testing was done, which given typical show conditions and restrictions, could be weeks or months after CEDIA.

Okay, so how do you think that is going to happen at the show? The only info is going to be what JVC puts out at their press conference and the info available at the booth. Testing and "scientific data" won't be available until reviews start happening at the end of the year.

Senior Video Editor
Secrets of Home Theater and High Fidelity

Click Here To See My Current Setup
post #38 of 41 Old 09-25-2013, 09:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 323 Post(s)
Liked: 394
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark haflich View Post

Thanks for the insight. I guess you won't be giving my posts a thumbs up?

It isn't that. I would think a better thread title is answers you want about JVC's (and Sony's) new line. JVC is only going to put out the info they do at the press conference at best, and that will be readily available. I don't expect much more than general comments or tech diagrams. Most of the guys at both booths are limited in their technical jargon and typically pass the publicity numbers with little else.

Senior Video Editor
Secrets of Home Theater and High Fidelity

Click Here To See My Current Setup
post #39 of 41 Old 09-25-2013, 09:37 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Kris. Chill. Obviously testing and controlled a/bs and measurements can't be taken at the show. Many of these projectors are not final production anyway. But clearly not everything one might sensibly ask is covered in a press conference. Content must be directed to the press audience. You know the group you are part of and techno details if presented will not be grasped by all members of the audience nd if they attempt to think they may miss the primary message.. Better to simplify than blind the press with the details under the panties. Did you see that hoozy when she took the panties off.. Yea. What color was her hair? Was it a wig? I need to report that. Her hair? Some filed press reports will contain errors of misunderstanding unless the reporter just shrewdly quotes the press babble the companies supply him/her with. A good reporter should mix it up and throw in some allegedly and reportedly and he/she will have it covered. Be sure to throw in some we will test with extreme rigor when we get a production sample and verify the companies claims. And can you trust the a/v press anyway? Take a magazine that takes major advertising from company X and then states its reference component is X's component, which the company loans it. Its always been a problem and even Harry and the Absolute Sound had to go to ads. I am absolutely not accusing any magazine or manufacturer of anything but its often a suspicion and issue and political considerations often prevent reviewers and editors from saying what the truly believe. Our industry is highly inbred and as a result may have bad hips. And bad hips sink ships.

Seriously. I look forward to your reports and will ruthlessly scrutinize them. smile.gif

I am just having fun. At shows the overseas projection engineers are present and quite frequently if you ask the right person in the USA organization, they will seek out the right answer and get back to you with it at the show. And I have seen JVC both presenters answer a question on the first day with I want to check later and make sure and then correct information on the second day of the show. There are a lot of good people working for JVC and Sony.

Mark Haflich
markhaflich@yahoo.com
post #40 of 41 Old 09-25-2013, 09:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 147
Maybe the MPAA needs to rate your posts, perhaps that one was NC-17 and after editing would be R.

Quick and Easy Shelf Mount Method for both one projector or dual stacks

Web Calculator v023 & v025
- Quick Peak at the new upcoming calculator
**Current Projector Calculator** -- http://www.eliteprojectorcalculator.com

Coder's Top Projector Picks of 2012 --http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread....

post #41 of 41 Old 09-25-2013, 09:57 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 363 Post(s)
Liked: 180
Quote:

Testing and "scientific data" won't be available until reviews start happening at the end of the year.

? That's more or less what I said.

Noah
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page