Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 09-23-2013, 09:56 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Hi,

I found an open box JVC DLA-X7 with a new lamp and full warranty that was used as a demo for $2995. I've been out of the loop on new projectors for quite a few years now, so I'm looking for opinions as to whether this is a good deal. I know that these came out in 2011, so I was wondering if I'd be better off going for this, or a newer model in the $3000-$3500 range (max budget), and if so, what models should I be looking at. I don't care about 3D, but I want inky blacks for movies and good brightness for sports. I have a fully light controlled room and the distance from projector to screen is 16.5'.

Thanks in advance for any advice:)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-23-2013, 10:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 28
That X7 is way overpriced according to current market value. I would look at the current model the RS46, with new lamp design, as the X7 model had lamp problems but they did remedy it with the 003 lamp design but the RS46's lamp has been reported to dim slower and has a longer lifespan. The RS46 is less than $3k street price and is suppose to be continued as this years low end model but you might wait to see what gets announced on Thursday and then check the pre order price with someone at AVS.

Mike

The Mayans were full of sh*t!!!
post #3 of 5 Old 09-23-2013, 10:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 342 Post(s)
Liked: 243
It seems that only e-shift models are selling at that price or higher.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 5 Old 09-23-2013, 03:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbroder View Post

Hi,

I found an open box JVC DLA-X7 with a new lamp and full warranty that was used as a demo for $2995. I've been out of the loop on new projectors for quite a few years now, so I'm looking for opinions as to whether this is a good deal. I know that these came out in 2011, so I was wondering if I'd be better off going for this, or a newer model in the $3000-$3500 range (max budget), and if so, what models should I be looking at. I don't care about 3D, but I want inky blacks for movies and good brightness for sports. I have a fully light controlled room and the distance from projector to screen is 16.5'.

Thanks in advance for any advice:)

Definitely choose the rs46/x30 over the x7. You can probably find the x30 for cheaper and it performs much better. Or you can wait to hear what jvc does at CEDIA Thursday and get in on a pre order. You can probably get an eshift model for $3500 or close to it
post #5 of 5 Old 09-23-2013, 03:54 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Thanks for the replies...I'll hold off on the open box special and do a little more research. Just moved to a new house and I'm still a few weeks from getting the theater room set up. Upgrading from a nearly 10 year old Sharp XVZ12000-mkII, which was a great projector in it's day, but technology has definitely improved upon things over the past few years...

Getting excited:D
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Jvc Dla Rs46 Projector

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page