Official Sony VPL-VW500ES / VW600ES 4K Projector Thread - Page 120 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #3571 of 3582 Old 09-10-2014, 06:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
About 4 weeks ago I had to have my 600ES replaced due to the optics. My projector was past the 90 days but with a lot of argument with sony and the fact that replacement parts where not going to be available for three to five weeks they replaced it with a new one. Received the new projector last Tuesday and tonight while watching a movie the video started to flash on and off. Thinking maybe it was the popcorn hour I switched it to dish and after watching dish for awhile it started again. Has anyone else had this problem?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3572 of 3582 Old 09-10-2014, 08:43 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 375 Post(s)
Liked: 440
Thanks Dave. you spent a long time patting here during your visit. It seems so long ago.

Mark Haflich

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

call me at: 240 876 2536
post #3573 of 3582 Old 09-10-2014, 10:47 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 375 Post(s)
Liked: 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaha View Post
About 4 weeks ago I had to have my 600ES replaced due to the optics. My projector was past the 90 days but with a lot of argument with sony and the fact that replacement parts where not going to be available for three to five weeks they replaced it with a new one. Received the new projector last Tuesday and tonight while watching a movie the video started to flash on and off. Thinking maybe it was the popcorn hour I switched it to dish and after watching dish for awhile it started again. Has anyone else had this problem?
Pretty sure its an HDMI issue. This happens often when inserting something new in the chain. Try plugging a Bluray player via a 2 meter HDMI cable into the projector and see if the problem goes away. if it does, trouble shoot your HDMI chain and change out the cable that is causing the problem.

something changed in your system. Try setting the output resolution on your set top box to a lower resolution.

Mark Haflich

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

call me at: 240 876 2536
post #3574 of 3582 Old Yesterday, 01:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Sony just released a cheaper version of their VPL VW600ES.. the 300ES...

Sony told us that the VPL-VW300 uses the same chassis, lens configuration and optical pathway as the VPL-VW500ES, complete with 4K SXRD panel, TRILUMINOS technology, HDMI 2.0 (YCbCr 4:2:0 8-bit, i.e. Level b) and HDCP 2.2 support (only HDMI input 2),

It's basically $7000, or half the price of the 600ES but with less 'blink' and 'features'. However it will still have the same lenses, etc.

So much for people who were so sure 4K projectors can't possibly be cheap because of some hocus pocus notion that lenses are too expensive. I predicted that 4K projector will drop below 6K in 2 years and looks like even before a year is out, we're already almost there (street price).

post #3575 of 3582 Old Yesterday, 03:09 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgeek View Post

Sony told us that the VPL-VW300 uses the same chassis, lens configuration and optical pathway as the VPL-VW500ES, complete with 4K SXRD panel, TRILUMINOS technology, HDMI 2.0 (YCbCr 4:2:0 8-bit, i.e. Level b) and HDCP 2.2 support (only HDMI input 2),

It's basically $7000, or half the price of the 600ES but with less 'blink' and 'features'. However it will still have the same lenses, etc.

So much for people who were so sure 4K projectors can't possibly be cheap because of some hocus pocus notion that lenses are too expensive. I predicted that 4K projector will drop below 6K in 2 years and looks like even before a year is out, we're already almost there (street price).
I agree. I think this is a great buy and the 300ES is a good omen. I see decent 4K and UHD projectors at a street price of $4k to $5k by the end of next year. All this talk about the necessary lenses being too expensive sounds specious. I suspect the optics and light engine from a good 1080p projector with a 4K panel and appropriate chipset would work just fine.

I have a living room set-up with a 1.78 Black Diamond screen, so this works perfectly for me. There are many other people in similar situations. People with bat caves and scope screens are a minority of projector buyers. Not having a DI and lens memory just isn't a big deal for a lot of people.

BTW, does anyone know the lag on the 300ES in game mode?
coolgeek likes this.
post #3576 of 3582 Old Yesterday, 04:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaychatbonneau View Post
I agree. I think this is a great buy and the 300ES is a good omen. I see decent 4K and UHD projectors at a street price of $4k to $5k by the end of next year. All this talk about the necessary lenses being too expensive sounds specious. I suspect the optics and light engine from a good 1080p projector with a 4K panel and appropriate chipset would work just fine.

I have a living room set-up with a 1.78 Black Diamond screen, so this works perfectly for me. There are many other people in similar situations. People with bat caves and scope screens are a minority of projector buyers. Not having a DI and lens memory just isn't a big deal for a lot of people.

BTW, does anyone know the lag on the 300ES in game mode?
All I know is that it comes with a game mode but can't seem to find the latency.

post #3577 of 3582 Old Yesterday, 09:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Location: In my home theater ( when I'm not rock climbing, cycling or kayaking ) - Sacramento CA area
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgeek View Post

This isn't new news, however - no pricing has been set that I know of. Won't be available until after the 1st of the year. And it's a stripped down VW600 without the dynamic iris, lens memory etc.

Craig Peer, AV Science Sales. Direct Line - 585-671-2972
I'm available 8:30am - 4:30pm PST, Monday - Friday Email me at

Yes, we sell Home Theater gear right here at AVS !!
JVC, Sony, Epson, DPI, SV Sound, Martin Logan, RBH, Klipsch, and many more!
post #3578 of 3582 Old Yesterday, 09:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Peer View Post
This isn't new news, however - no pricing has been set that I know of. Won't be available until after the 1st of the year. And it's a stripped down VW600 without the dynamic iris, lens memory etc.
Can I put My Order in NOW Craig?
post #3579 of 3582 Old Yesterday, 09:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Location: In my home theater ( when I'm not rock climbing, cycling or kayaking ) - Sacramento CA area
Quote:
Originally Posted by drhankz View Post
Can I put My Order in NOW Craig?

Call me Monday. We can always start a pre - order list. No obligation. Because there will be a line to get these.

post #3580 of 3582 Old Yesterday, 09:51 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I read the LMP- H 260 lamp used for the 500 and 600 was discontinued in UK. Is it a mistake or Sony intends to replace the lamp fo both the units?
post #3581 of 3582 Old Yesterday, 09:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltiesantos View Post
I read the LMP- H 260 lamp used for the 500 and 600 was discontinued in UK. Is it a mistake or Sony intends to replace the lamp fo both the units?

Can't imagine that there won't be replacement lamps available - they are available here in the US.

post #3582 of 3582 Old Yesterday, 10:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Peer View Post
Call me Monday. We can always start a pre - order list. No obligation. Because there will be a line to get these.
I will call you on Monday and get on the LIST.

AVS sold me my last projector.
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Sony Vpl Vw500es , Sony Vpl Vw1000es Projector , Sony Fmp X1 4k Ultra Hd Media Player
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page