Official Sony VPL-VW500ES / VW600ES 4K Projector Thread - Page 149 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #4441 of 4451 Unread Yesterday, 06:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 306 Post(s)
Liked: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Kouzev View Post
My plan too, and in the meantime I am not going to be frustrated if all that takes time
Who knows, maybe in 5-8 years, other technologies might make 'projectors' a thing of the pass...

I can imagine 150 inch quantum dot, 4K tvs (with HDR, Rec 2020 or beyond, and maybe even 8K e-shift) being below 10K in price... this is of course purely speculative. And if LG solves their OLED issues and are able to create really large OLED at high efficiency rates, then perhaps we can even see super large (wall sized) OLEDs you can paste on your wall like wall papers.

On another note, I would like to see TV manufacturers making the Ultimate Screens, say (all the above specs), and separate out the 'guts' or the 'computer, brain power' out into a set top box. That way, new tech can come about, and we can upgrade the 'brain' without having to spend a lot of money on new screens. Basically dumb screens. The reason is because computer chips are evolving so quickly and formats as well, games, etc... everytime we change a projector/tv, we end up spending the money for both the screen and the guts...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4442 of 4451 Unread Yesterday, 06:50 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 1047 Post(s)
Liked: 628
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89 View Post
It does:

To me it looks like green and red are "significantly" more saturated, thus affecting just about everything but blue quite a bit.

A few times.

And because we don't have the reasonably priced VW500 available in the US, we have to pay almost double for a VW600.
I have nothing to do with that. I would love for the VW600 to sell at a lower price. I would sell two or three times as many. The price in the US will always be higher though. There are more expenses. You have the packaging and shipping to the US, you have the import taxes, you have a three year warranty rather than a one year warranty and you have better support for the end user here. Not saying that makes up all of the price difference. Just saying the price here will never be near the price in Japan.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com
Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/ 
Call for B-stock projectors
Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon, DNP & more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Tech., MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech, Denon, Marantz & Yamaha .

Last edited by AV Science Sales 5; Yesterday at 06:57 AM.
post #4443 of 4451 Unread Yesterday, 07:45 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Liked: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV Science Sales 5 View Post
I have nothing to do with that. I would love for the VW600 to sell at a lower price. I would sell two or three times as many. The price in the US will always be higher though. There are more expenses. You have the packaging and shipping to the US, you have the import taxes, you have a three year warranty rather than a one year warranty and you have better support for the end user here. Not saying that makes up all of the price difference. Just saying the price here will never be near the price in Japan.
Oh, I wasn't blaming you, I just quoted you to expand on the reasoning, I know you guys do the best you can. That's why I got my last two projectors from you and will probably get my next one from you, whenever that is. I may well have bought a VW600 when they came out had Sony US not decided to sell them for 50-100% more than in Europe or Canada.
billqs and AV Science Sales 5 like this.

See what an anamorphoscopic lens can do, see movies the way they were meant to be seen
post #4444 of 4451 Unread Yesterday, 08:23 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 27
So what is the input lag on the 600(not german intl one) on firmware 1.1?
post #4445 of 4451 Unread Yesterday, 08:38 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 1047 Post(s)
Liked: 628
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarrenBerry View Post
So what is the input lag on the 600(not german intl one) on firmware 1.1?
It is low. I am not a gamer, so I don't remember the exact number, but was thinking it was in the low 30's.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com
Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/ 
Call for B-stock projectors
Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon, DNP & more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Tech., MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech, Denon, Marantz & Yamaha .
post #4446 of 4451 Unread Yesterday, 12:22 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
It is low. I am not a gamer, so I don't remember the exact number, but was thinking it was in the low 30's.
Wow, really? Might have to update it and hook my PS4 up again. When I tried it before I was unimpressed.

The Cave: Sony VPL-VW600ES, 110" Elite Fixed, Oppo BDP-103D, HTPC w/PlexHT , Marantz SR-7009, 3 x Emotiva XPA-1 Gen2 , 4 x Emotiva XPA-1L, MartinLogan Motion 60XT, MartinLogan Motion 50XT, 4 x MartinLogan MotionFX, 2 x Rythmik FV15HP, 4 x Gallo Nucleus Micro (Atmos Height)
post #4447 of 4451 Unread Yesterday, 12:27 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthazar2k4 View Post
Wow, really? Might have to update it and hook my PS4 up again. When I tried it before I was unimpressed.
There is a new menu item which you have to change in order to disable some extra processing and get the low latency time.
post #4448 of 4451 Unread Yesterday, 12:44 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Kouzev View Post
There is a new menu item which you have to change in order to disable some extra processing and get the low latency time.
Good to know. Thanks Mike and George.

The Cave: Sony VPL-VW600ES, 110" Elite Fixed, Oppo BDP-103D, HTPC w/PlexHT , Marantz SR-7009, 3 x Emotiva XPA-1 Gen2 , 4 x Emotiva XPA-1L, MartinLogan Motion 60XT, MartinLogan Motion 50XT, 4 x MartinLogan MotionFX, 2 x Rythmik FV15HP, 4 x Gallo Nucleus Micro (Atmos Height)
post #4449 of 4451 Unread Yesterday, 01:05 PM

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:

Just saying the price here will never be near the price in Japan.
I remember in the 80's the TVs in Japan were significantly higher than the same models in the US. The US TV companies (RCA, GE) accused Sony and others of dumping. How times have changed.
post #4450 of 4451 Unread Yesterday, 09:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Not my point Mike. We all know no one needs to be giving specific street prices. However in trhge
Quote:
Because the rules of the forum have always been, quote MSRP, not street price.
Not my point Mike. We all know no one needs to be giving specific street prices here on the forums as general rule. However, in the context of the specific conversation, with MSRP being so vastly different from street price in this case, it was an important point to point out that the vast majority of us did not have to pay full MSRP on our VW500/600's. Which was obviously a strong factor in most people's purchasing decision.

post #4451 of 4451 Unread Today, 05:36 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Liked: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzHDHT View Post
Not my point Mike. We all know no one needs to be giving specific street prices. However in trhge

Not my point Mike. We all know no one needs to be giving specific street prices here on the forums as general rule. However, in the context of the specific conversation, with MSRP being so vastly different from street price in this case, it was an important point to point out that the vast majority of us did not have to pay full MSRP on our VW500/600's. Which was obviously a strong factor in most people's purchasing decision.
As far as I understand it, in the US, due to Sony SURE pricing, MSRP is not significantly different from street price on the VW600.

See what an anamorphoscopic lens can do, see movies the way they were meant to be seen
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Sony Vpl Vw500es , Sony Vpl Vw1000es Projector , Sony Fmp X1 4k Ultra Hd Media Player
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page