Official Sony VPL-VW500ES / VW600ES 4K Projector Thread - Page 156 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #4651 of 4652 Unread Yesterday, 07:29 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1251 Post(s)
Liked: 687
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat2002 View Post
Have any of you used the new UF material by Seymour AV? The weave is incredible, as you can't even see it from a foot away.
You should compare UF to EN4K. EN4K is even a finer weave.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com
Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/ 
Call for B-stock projectors
Sony, JVC, Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon, DNP & more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Tech., MK Sound, SVS & Def Tech, Denon, Pioneer, Marantz & Yamaha .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4652 of 4652 Unread Today, 02:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by d.j. View Post
I really find the Enlightor to be to low in gain ( arround 0.8 in reality and not 0.95 as postulated ) to be "ultimate" for big screens, but I agree, it has a very nice weave.

And in comparsion with the Screen research Clear Pix 2 ( real gain about 0.9 ) , the CP2 is better on the AT side, but its weave is not as fine as the E4K

BTW. I have a sample of their new (?) Enlighter Neo S, but havnt tested it yet - but it has a different weave then the Enlightor 4K, and should have even less loss of the audio ( less then 1 db ) , but dont know anything about its gain for now, but the weave looks very fine

dj
I've got 2 AT screens in different HT systems at the moment. Both are set up very differently. My VW500 system has a Screen Innovations curved frame with Maestro white material. My AT system has retractable Seymour Screen with their Center Stage XD material with my old VW95ES. The more critical of 2 systems is the VW500, particularly from a viewing distance factor. It's got an viewing distance of only 11". At that distance the Maestros weave disappears pretty when under full light. But at as much as 9" its noticeable. With the Seymour I haven't properly measured the viewing distance at which its weave becomes noticeable. However, in that install the closest seating to it is easily 14" away so extremely difficult to spot anything really. Both screen seem to my ears have excellent acoustic properties.

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Sony Vpl Vw500es , Sony Vpl Vw1000es Projector , Sony Fmp X1 4k Ultra Hd Media Player
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page