Official Sony VPL-VW500ES / VW600ES 4K Projector Thread - Page 163 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!


Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #4861 of 5046 Old 04-12-2015, 11:12 PM
Member
 
Javs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Sydney Australia
Posts: 109
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 23
My 300ES has an issue with warm up blue convergence. It takes about 20-30 minutes to go away. Is this considered bad?

I know its not a 500ES but looks like the issue is there on the 300/350


Current:
Sony 300ES | OZTS Majestic Screen White 120" 16:9 | Denon AVR-791 | Krix KDX L/C/R + Surround | Seismix 3 MK3 Subwoofer | Sony PS4 | Xbox-360
Wish List:
Marantz AV8802 | Elektra Thatron HD | Anti-Mode 8033 II
Javs is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4862 of 5046 Old 04-13-2015, 07:31 AM
Advanced Member
 
Skrill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Vienna, VA
Posts: 722
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eventidal View Post
Just to let you know, I actually own one... And it has Firmware 1.200a onboard and it is has been delivered as European version, even if the label says Japan...
Interesting -- seems to me that the "Sx" may be more indicative of the intended market for sale - versus a revision number.

BTW - when you say "1.200a" ... do you mean "1.20A"?? That is the firmware that was loaded on my "S1".
Skrill is online now  
post #4863 of 5046 Old 04-13-2015, 07:38 AM
Senior Member
 
desray2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Singapore
Posts: 284
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javs View Post
My 300ES has an issue with warm up blue convergence. It takes about 20-30 minutes to go away. Is this considered bad?

I know its not a 500ES but looks like the issue is there on the 300/350

That's pretty bad IMO...maybe you want to do some panel alignment in the settings.
desray2k is offline  
post #4864 of 5046 Old 04-13-2015, 07:39 AM
Member
 
Javs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Sydney Australia
Posts: 109
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by desray2k View Post
That's pretty bad IMO...maybe you want to do some panel alignment in the settings.

Oh I can get it perfect using the alignment but we all know its better if I don't have to do that.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Current:
Sony 300ES | OZTS Majestic Screen White 120" 16:9 | Denon AVR-791 | Krix KDX L/C/R + Surround | Seismix 3 MK3 Subwoofer | Sony PS4 | Xbox-360
Wish List:
Marantz AV8802 | Elektra Thatron HD | Anti-Mode 8033 II
Javs is offline  
post #4865 of 5046 Old 04-13-2015, 08:01 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
AV Science Sales 5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: A beautiful view of a lake
Posts: 9,914
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1510 Post(s)
Liked: 810
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javs View Post
My 300ES has an issue with warm up blue convergence. It takes about 20-30 minutes to go away. Is this considered bad?

I know its not a 500ES but looks like the issue is there on the 300/350

Quote:
Originally Posted by desray2k View Post
That's pretty bad IMO...maybe you want to do some panel alignment in the settings.
Don't touch panel alignment, until the projector has warmed up for an hour. Then adjust if needed/wanted. All projectors have to warm up and any 3-panel projector is going to need longer warming up, than a single chip. What you want to see is if the projector, once warmed up looks good from your viewing distance, not from 3' or 4' away. You also want to see if, once warmed up, it goes to the same place for convergence each time.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com
Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/ 
Call for B-stock projectors
Sony, JVC, Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon, DNP & more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Tech., MK Sound, SVS & Def Tech, Denon, Pioneer, Marantz & Yamaha .
AV Science Sales 5 is online now  
post #4866 of 5046 Old 04-13-2015, 08:02 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
AV Science Sales 5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: A beautiful view of a lake
Posts: 9,914
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1510 Post(s)
Liked: 810
Quote:
Originally Posted by desray2k View Post
That's pretty bad IMO...maybe you want to do some panel alignment in the settings.
Please note, he said his projector was not warmed up. All 3-panel projectors will not look their best, for convergence, when warming up.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com
Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/ 
Call for B-stock projectors
Sony, JVC, Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon, DNP & more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Tech., MK Sound, SVS & Def Tech, Denon, Pioneer, Marantz & Yamaha .
AV Science Sales 5 is online now  
post #4867 of 5046 Old 04-13-2015, 09:10 AM
Member
 
Javs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Sydney Australia
Posts: 109
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV Science Sales 5 View Post
Please note, he said his projector was not warmed up. All 3-panel projectors will not look their best, for convergence, when warming up.

Correct, after 30-40 minutes the blue settles but still roughly 2 pixels out. I used panel alignment on the blue by a full 2 pixels up and one full pixel to the right, then it looks perfect. I used the tool because I could see green fringing even when it warmed up. I sit pretty close.

I am still in the process of DOA swapping my unit for the stuck pixel issue so hoping my replacement also has better convergence and I wont have to use the alignment tool.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Current:
Sony 300ES | OZTS Majestic Screen White 120" 16:9 | Denon AVR-791 | Krix KDX L/C/R + Surround | Seismix 3 MK3 Subwoofer | Sony PS4 | Xbox-360
Wish List:
Marantz AV8802 | Elektra Thatron HD | Anti-Mode 8033 II
Javs is offline  
post #4868 of 5046 Old 04-13-2015, 02:08 PM
AVS Special Member
 
lovingdvd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 9,701
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 725 Post(s)
Liked: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javs View Post
Correct, after 30-40 minutes the blue settles but still roughly 2 pixels out. I used panel alignment on the blue by a full 2 pixels up and one full pixel to the right, then it looks perfect. I used the tool because I could see green fringing even when it warmed up. I sit pretty close.

I am still in the process of DOA swapping my unit for the stuck pixel issue so hoping my replacement also has better convergence and I wont have to use the alignment tool.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Glad you are getting it swapped out. Just to clarify - when you say you need two full pixels up and one pixel over to fix the convergence - is that once it is warmed, or do you mean you need to do that if you want to make it look converged when cold? Two pixels up and one over is a huge amount of misconvergence IMO.
lovingdvd is online now  
post #4869 of 5046 Old 04-13-2015, 03:41 PM
Member
 
Javs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Sydney Australia
Posts: 109
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingdvd View Post
Glad you are getting it swapped out. Just to clarify - when you say you need two full pixels up and one pixel over to fix the convergence - is that once it is warmed, or do you mean you need to do that if you want to make it look converged when cold? Two pixels up and one over is a huge amount of misconvergence IMO.

This is when its totally warmed up, and when I say warm I mean its the same after running a couple of full length films.

Blue is 20 notches up and 10 left which is 2+1 pixels according to you guys.

Anyway hoping the new one is good, clearly my unit is a lemon.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Current:
Sony 300ES | OZTS Majestic Screen White 120" 16:9 | Denon AVR-791 | Krix KDX L/C/R + Surround | Seismix 3 MK3 Subwoofer | Sony PS4 | Xbox-360
Wish List:
Marantz AV8802 | Elektra Thatron HD | Anti-Mode 8033 II
Javs is offline  
post #4870 of 5046 Old 04-13-2015, 04:23 PM
Senior Member
 
desray2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Singapore
Posts: 284
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javs View Post
This is when its totally warmed up, and when I say warm I mean its the same after running a couple of full length films.

Blue is 20 notches up and 10 left which is 2+1 pixels according to you guys.

Anyway hoping the new one is good, clearly my unit is a lemon.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeap...that sounds pretty bad. Hope you "new" unit will be better.

And yes, you should only adjust the panel AFTER its been warmed up. My unit is very good...even when I start up the projector. blue pixel shift is at its minimal.
desray2k is offline  
post #4871 of 5046 Old 04-13-2015, 04:23 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Seegs108's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Upstate New York
Posts: 5,791
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1404 Post(s)
Liked: 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javs View Post
This is when its totally warmed up, and when I say warm I mean its the same after running a couple of full length films.

Blue is 20 notches up and 10 left which is 2+1 pixels according to you guys.

Anyway hoping the new one is good, clearly my unit is a lemon.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't think it's considered a lemon. Definitely not optimal performance. But most don't get perfect convergence and I believe 2 pixels off is still within Sony's quality control limits.
Seegs108 is online now  
post #4872 of 5046 Old 04-13-2015, 04:25 PM
Member
 
Javs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Sydney Australia
Posts: 109
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seegs108 View Post
I don't think it's considered a lemon. Definitely not optimal performance. But most don't get perfect convergence and I believe 2 pixels off is still within Sony's quality control limits.

I think you are probably right, if these were 1080p pixels we are talking about it would barely be one pixel out in reality.

A couple 4k pixels out is not so bad.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Current:
Sony 300ES | OZTS Majestic Screen White 120" 16:9 | Denon AVR-791 | Krix KDX L/C/R + Surround | Seismix 3 MK3 Subwoofer | Sony PS4 | Xbox-360
Wish List:
Marantz AV8802 | Elektra Thatron HD | Anti-Mode 8033 II
Javs is offline  
post #4873 of 5046 Old 04-13-2015, 04:30 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Seegs108's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Upstate New York
Posts: 5,791
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1404 Post(s)
Liked: 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javs View Post
I think you are probably right, if these were 1080p pixels we are talking about it would barely be one pixel out in reality.

A couple 4k pixels out is not so bad.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Normally I only care about misconvergence if it's actually visible from my seating distance. It goes the same for using the convergence software. I dont enabled it if I can't see the misconvergence. Because the software alters the video, not the panels themselves. Aka don't use it if it doesn't visibly bother you. If you can see it with video content I'd say definitely look into getting a new unit.
Seegs108 is online now  
post #4874 of 5046 Old 04-14-2015, 12:53 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 0
[QUOTE=Skrill;33445370]Interesting -- seems to me that the "Sx" may be more indicative of the intended market for sale - versus a revision number.

Nope, it has to do with serial numbers!
Eventidal is offline  
post #4875 of 5046 Old 04-14-2015, 05:55 AM
Advanced Member
 
Skrill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Vienna, VA
Posts: 722
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked: 57
[quote=Eventidal;33467530]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrill View Post
Interesting -- seems to me that the "Sx" may be more indicative of the intended market for sale - versus a revision number.

Nope, it has to do with serial numbers!
Hmm - you seem so confident in your statement - but my unit was labeled "VW500ES1", has a "120XXXX" serial, and was factory loaded with firmware 1.20A.
Skrill is online now  
post #4876 of 5046 Old 04-15-2015, 04:07 AM
Newbie
 
Mangiri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Canberra, Australia
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangiri View Post
Thanks Michael, I'll let you know how it goes.
Just received the unit back from Sony. They replaced the Optical Block.


The projector is now working fine again and has also improved the blue shift, focus and the ability to adjust the red properly. It came back with firmware 1.10 still loaded.


Cheers
Mangiri is offline  
post #4877 of 5046 Old 04-15-2015, 04:40 AM
Advanced Member
 
Tnedator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 824
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 221 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangiri View Post
Just received the unit back from Sony. They replaced the Optical Block.


The projector is now working fine again and has also improved the blue shift, focus and the ability to adjust the red properly. It came back with firmware 1.10 still loaded.


Cheers
How long did the repair take? Remind me, was this a 600 or 500?
Tnedator is offline  
post #4878 of 5046 Old 04-15-2015, 09:21 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Craig Peer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: In my home theater ( when I'm not rock climbing, cycling or kayaking ) - Sacramento CA area
Posts: 6,514
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 792 Post(s)
Liked: 588
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangiri View Post
Just received the unit back from Sony. They replaced the Optical Block.


The projector is now working fine again and has also improved the blue shift, focus and the ability to adjust the red properly. It came back with firmware 1.10 still loaded.


Cheers

That's good news. And that is the current firmware.

Craig Peer, AV Science Sales. Call me on my direct line - 585-671-2972, 8:30am - 4:30pm PST, Monday - Friday
Email me at craig@avscience.com http://shop.avscience.com/
Yes, we sell Home Theater gear right here at AVS !!
JVC, Sony, Epson, DPI, SIM2, SV Sound, Martin Logan, RBH, and many more!
Craig Peer is online now  
post #4879 of 5046 Old 04-15-2015, 10:06 AM
Advanced Member
 
Skrill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Vienna, VA
Posts: 722
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Peer View Post
And that is the current firmware.
Except for 1.20A right? I know it seems like Sony hasn't stated much about it or made it available for download -- but wouldn't 1.20A be the most current firmware?
Skrill is online now  
post #4880 of 5046 Old 04-15-2015, 10:13 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Craig Peer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: In my home theater ( when I'm not rock climbing, cycling or kayaking ) - Sacramento CA area
Posts: 6,514
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 792 Post(s)
Liked: 588
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrill View Post
Except for 1.20A right? I know it seems like Sony hasn't stated much about it or made it available for download -- but wouldn't 1.20A be the most current firmware?
I haven't seen that version available to download from Sony. And someone gets their projector back from Sony with version 1.10. That tells me that 1.10 is current. 1.20A ? Vaporware. Or not for the US market perhaps.

Craig Peer, AV Science Sales. Call me on my direct line - 585-671-2972, 8:30am - 4:30pm PST, Monday - Friday
Email me at craig@avscience.com http://shop.avscience.com/
Yes, we sell Home Theater gear right here at AVS !!
JVC, Sony, Epson, DPI, SIM2, SV Sound, Martin Logan, RBH, and many more!
Craig Peer is online now  
post #4881 of 5046 Old 04-15-2015, 10:15 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
AV Science Sales 5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: A beautiful view of a lake
Posts: 9,914
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1510 Post(s)
Liked: 810
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Peer View Post
I haven't seen that version available to download from Sony. And someone gets their projector back from Sony with version 1.10. That tells me that 1.10 is current. 1.20A ? Vaporware. Or not for the US market perhaps.
Bingo.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com
Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/ 
Call for B-stock projectors
Sony, JVC, Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon, DNP & more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Tech., MK Sound, SVS & Def Tech, Denon, Pioneer, Marantz & Yamaha .
AV Science Sales 5 is online now  
post #4882 of 5046 Old 04-15-2015, 10:22 AM
Advanced Member
 
Skrill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Vienna, VA
Posts: 722
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Peer View Post
I haven't seen that version available to download from Sony. And someone gets their projector back from Sony with version 1.10. That tells me that 1.10 is current. 1.20A ? Vaporware. Or not for the US market perhaps.
The later may be true (i.e, not for US market) -- but it certainly isn't vaporware. I can attest to that. I still would love to see the release notes on 1.20A (and know what it does different than 1.10 - if anything).
Skrill is online now  
post #4883 of 5046 Old 04-15-2015, 01:40 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Craig Peer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: In my home theater ( when I'm not rock climbing, cycling or kayaking ) - Sacramento CA area
Posts: 6,514
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 792 Post(s)
Liked: 588
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrill View Post
The later may be true (i.e, not for US market) -- but it certainly isn't vaporware. I can attest to that. I still would love to see the release notes on 1.20A (and know what it does different than 1.10 - if anything).

My feeling about firmware is if your ( fill in the blank - projector, Blu Ray player etc. ) is working just fine, don't fix it.

Craig Peer, AV Science Sales. Call me on my direct line - 585-671-2972, 8:30am - 4:30pm PST, Monday - Friday
Email me at craig@avscience.com http://shop.avscience.com/
Yes, we sell Home Theater gear right here at AVS !!
JVC, Sony, Epson, DPI, SIM2, SV Sound, Martin Logan, RBH, and many more!
Craig Peer is online now  
post #4884 of 5046 Old 04-15-2015, 03:31 PM
Newbie
 
Mangiri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Canberra, Australia
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnedator View Post
How long did the repair take? Remind me, was this a 600 or 500?

Mine was a very early build 500. The repair with Sony took exactly a week (including shipping both ways to Sydney) and I have to say was completely painless. They couldn't have been more helpful.


Thanks for the help here too guys. Appreciated.


Cheers
Mangiri is offline  
post #4885 of 5046 Old 04-15-2015, 03:38 PM
Advanced Member
 
Tnedator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 824
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 221 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangiri View Post
Mine was a very early build 500. The repair with Sony took exactly a week (including shipping both ways to Sydney) and I have to say was completely painless. They couldn't have been more helpful.


Thanks for the help here too guys. Appreciated.


Cheers
That's good to hear, both that it's sorted out and that they made it painless.
Tnedator is offline  
post #4886 of 5046 Old 04-15-2015, 06:28 PM
Advanced Member
 
Skrill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Vienna, VA
Posts: 722
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eventidal View Post
Just to let you know, I actually own one... And it has Firmware 1.200a onboard and it is has been delivered as European version, even if the label says Japan...
You know - I just checked my unit, and you are right. The firmware is "1.200 A" as noted in the menu information screen.
Skrill is online now  
post #4887 of 5046 Old 04-16-2015, 05:29 AM
Senior Member
 
MX48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Metter
Posts: 470
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Does anyone know what throw distance I would need for the Schneider Cine Digitar 1.33x? I have found info on the Sony VW50 but not the 600 (I am at about 17 feet with my UH480).
Would this be an upgrade from my UH480?


Thanks.
MX48 is online now  
post #4888 of 5046 Old 04-16-2015, 07:02 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
AV Science Sales 5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: A beautiful view of a lake
Posts: 9,914
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1510 Post(s)
Liked: 810
Quote:
Originally Posted by MX48 View Post
Does anyone know what throw distance I would need for the Schneider Cine Digitar 1.33x? I have found info on the Sony VW50 but not the 600 (I am at about 17 feet with my UH480).
Would this be an upgrade from my UH480?


Thanks.
Screen size?

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com
Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/ 
Call for B-stock projectors
Sony, JVC, Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon, DNP & more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Tech., MK Sound, SVS & Def Tech, Denon, Pioneer, Marantz & Yamaha .
AV Science Sales 5 is online now  
post #4889 of 5046 Old 04-16-2015, 07:07 AM
Senior Member
 
MX48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Metter
Posts: 470
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Sorry, thought I put that in there. 170" wide.
MX48 is online now  
post #4890 of 5046 Old 04-16-2015, 07:13 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Seegs108's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Upstate New York
Posts: 5,791
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1404 Post(s)
Liked: 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by MX48 View Post
Does anyone know what throw distance I would need for the Schneider Cine Digitar 1.33x? I have found info on the Sony VW50 but not the 600 (I am at about 17 feet with my UH480).
Would this be an upgrade from my UH480?


Thanks.
The Schneider Optics CD 1.33x is a horizontal expansion lens. From basically the same distance as what the projector on its own could do, this anamorphic lens will shorten that length by 1.33x (you just need to factor in the extra length of the anamorphic lens, that's why I said 'basically the same distance'). So as an example, if you were using a 100" wide screen, the Sony on it's own (with it's 1.31 - 2.68 lens) could fill that screen if the lens is placed anywhere from 131 inches to 268 inches. But add in the anamorphic lens and it shortens the throw by 1.33x so you'd be close to 98 inches to 202 inches with the lens in place.

I think the Cine Digitar is better in terms of pincushion over the UH480. I've had both here. The UH480 can accommodate shorter throws however before vignetting occurs. Both are excellent in terms or retaining image sharpness.
Seegs108 is online now  
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Sony Vpl Vw500es , Sony Vpl Vw1000es Projector , Sony Fmp X1 4k Ultra Hd Media Player
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off