Official Sony VPL-VW500ES / VW600ES 4K Projector Thread - Page 176 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #5251 of 5261 Old Yesterday, 11:59 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnedator View Post
Yea, I was wondering about that, but thought about it after I had things disconnected. I was thinking about trying that and will. Was really hoping that it would be more reliable than that, since when my wife uses it without me around, that will be a pain for her.
Consumer projectors should not require the services of a professional projectionist.

Then again my wife wouldn't care if the image overshot the screen border by a few inches. "If you don't stop playing with the TV, I'm leaving the room and you can watch the movie yourself"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5252 of 5261 Old Yesterday, 12:09 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by nucky View Post
I have just got the Sony vw500es what do you set the iris at, there is full and limited 1 to 99 max. Thanks
I prefer limited and max.
nucky likes this.
post #5253 of 5261 Old Yesterday, 01:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 238 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by console View Post
Consumer projectors should not require the services of a professional projectionist.

Then again my wife wouldn't care if the image overshot the screen border by a few inches. "If you don't stop playing with the TV, I'm leaving the room and you can watch the movie yourself"
I just asked my buddy that has an 1100, and he said when it happens on his 1100 if he simply chooses the format again, it will adjust correctly the second time. Has anyone tried this? I'm holding on to a sliver of hope that it will work on the 600 as well.
post #5254 of 5261 Old Yesterday, 01:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Does Sony have any hardware that supports using the 500/600 in a stack? I thought I remember reading something for the 11000. Christie has a periscope with adjustable mirrors to overlap & align the 2 images, but it's meant for large commercial installs and priced to match.

post #5255 of 5261 Old Yesterday, 01:25 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 2015 Post(s)
Liked: 1105
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabident View Post
Does Sony have any hardware that supports using the 500/600 in a stack? I thought I remember reading something for the 11000. Christie has a periscope with adjustable mirrors to overlap & align the 2 images, but it's meant for large commercial installs and priced to match.
Yes for the 600. Talk to your Sony dealer. He should know about it.
Oilmanmojo likes this.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com
Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/ 
Call for B-stock projectors
Sony, JVC, Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon, DNP & more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Tech., MK Sound, SVS & Def Tech, Denon, Marantz, Yamaha & MiniDSP.
post #5256 of 5261 Old Yesterday, 01:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: In my home theater ( when I'm not rock climbing, cycling or kayaking ) - Sacramento CA area
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1012 Post(s)
Liked: 711
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabident View Post
Yes. They had two VW1100 's stacked at Cedia. Looked damn good too ! I don't know why the same setup wouldn't work for two VW600's.

OK Mike, you beat me !

Craig Peer, AV Science Sales. Call me on my direct line - 585-671-2972, 8:30am - 4:30pm PST, Monday - Friday
Email me at craig@avscience.com http://shop.avscience.com/
Yes, we sell Home Theater gear right here at AVS !!
JVC, Sony, Epson, DPI, SIM2, SV Sound, Martin Logan, RBH, and many more!
post #5257 of 5261 Old Yesterday, 06:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnedator View Post
I just asked my buddy that has an 1100, and he said when it happens on his 1100 if he simply chooses the format again, it will adjust correctly the second time. Has anyone tried this? I'm holding on to a sliver of hope that it will work on the 600 as well.
I've got both a 500 and 1100. I was shifting the 500 back and forth between 16:9, 1:85, and 2:35 all weekend and it didn't skip a beat even created the 4th zoom position along the way. My 1000 has very occasionally has an issue with not quite getting the final position right, but it only has that issue very rarely.

post #5258 of 5261 Old Yesterday, 07:17 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi,

I am hoping for some thoughts on a yellow band that has cropped up over the left side of the projected image. I did not notice this when originally setting up \ testing (table) but since it was installed - ceiling, this has become noticeable.

Not at normal image, more pronounced at 1.85 - mainly top left but significant at 2.35 - image attached.

Also noticed with vertical stretch but not squeezed (from memory)

I read much earlier Michael9009 posting about 3 PJs with yellow non-conformity.

Hrs - 45-50hrs lamp.

thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Yellow_band.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	867698  
post #5259 of 5261 Old Today, 01:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1663 Post(s)
Liked: 605
That looks like an optical block issue. I would contact your dealer immediately to begin the repair/replacement process.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
FS: JVC DLA-X500 (Current Model) - $3095
FS: Planar PD8150 1080p DLP Projector - With Upgraded DarkChip 4 DLP DMD - $2495
post #5260 of 5261 Old Today, 03:12 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seegs108 View Post
That looks like an optical block issue. I would contact your dealer immediately to begin the repair/replacement process.
Thanks.
post #5261 of 5261 Unread Today, 07:03 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 238 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by console View Post
Your 600 is not defective. This is the way it works - or doesn't. I too find it very frustrating that I laboriously get all my lens presets perfectly positioned, zoomed and focused, only to have them become slightly off when I engaged preset.

Mark H. mentioned to me that you can try to compensate for the errors by tricking the lens memory presets and setting them in a way that even though you are setting them slightly wrong when the memory action is engaged they become right. I haven't tried this yet.
I tried this tonight, and seemed to do the trick. I had to cheat it up about 6-8" in the shift screen, but then I switch back and forth between 1.85, 1.33 and 2.35, and the 2.35 (only disc I had in to accurately check), seemed to hit every time. At first I had gone an inch or so too high, and every test seemed to show the same amount of black on the bottom. When I corrected, it seemed to hold.

On a side note, as this is my first foray into zooming, I guess if you want to view menus, like when loading a BluRay, you need to start in 1.78 mode, and then switch after you start the movie?
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Sony Vpl Vw500es , Sony Vpl Vw1000es Projector , Sony Fmp X1 4k Ultra Hd Media Player
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page