Official Sony VPL-VW500ES / VW600ES 4K Projector Thread - Page 204 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 389Likes

post #6091 of 6092 Old Today, 05:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 660 Post(s)
Liked: 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by clausdk View Post
Kinda glad to hear that, I haven't been able to find a lot of 500/600ES impressions with UHD, or atleast they are hard to find.

The Jriver MadVr + darbee combo is really good though. Atleast with the Sony 500ES, seems like a very good match.

I guess I'll enjoy what I have until I build my next theater and by then I can pick up a laser light cannon with HDR/WCG!
I made this thread a while back for my 300ES when I got my Sammy UHD player, I took some screenshots comparing how GOOD the Sony was at using RC and upscaling 1080p Bluray content from my HTPC running Kodi (No MadVR or any special upscaling, just 1080p native Bluray 1:1 rips) vs the UHD disc from the Samsung.

Just if you are interested...

Sony 300Es 1080P BR w/RC Vs UHD BR 4K Comparison

Scroll down to this post #14 where I took some shots again, trying to make sure the exposure was closer to real life and both images matched far better:

If you right click and hit view image in a new tab you will see each image is actually very large, so that should be a fairly good indication.

Summary... Sony's reality creation processing is VERY hard to beat if you are just looking at resolution. I found the 1080p images to be better in a lot of cases... Certainly was surprising to me.

JVC X7000 (RS500) | OZTS Majestic 120" 16:9 | Marantz AV7702 MkII | Emotiva XPA-7 | Rotel RMB-1555B | DIY Javelin Audio TPL-150 L/C/R | DIY Faital MTM TPL-150 Surrounds | DIY Dolby Atmos MKII Modules | Krix Seismix 3 MK3 Subwoofer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6092 of 6092 Old Today, 06:12 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javs View Post
I made this thread a while back for my 300ES when I got my Sammy UHD player, I took some screenshots comparing how GOOD the Sony was at using RC and upscaling 1080p Bluray content from my HTPC running Kodi (No MadVR or any special upscaling, just 1080p native Bluray 1:1 rips) vs the UHD disc from the Samsung.

Just if you are interested...

Scroll down to this post #14 where I took some shots again, trying to make sure the exposure was closer to real life and both images matched far better:

If you right click and hit view image in a new tab you will see each image is actually very large, so that should be a fairly good indication.

Summary... Sony's reality creation processing is VERY hard to beat if you are just looking at resolution. I found the 1080p images to be better in a lot of cases... Certainly was surprising to me.
I remember your thread now actually. Your findings resemble mine. I have a few more UHD discs incomming tuesday so I can give it a go with some more comparisons. I too am surprised how good the madvr + sony RC/upscale is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Sony Vpl Vw500es , Sony Vpl Vw1000es Projector , Sony Fmp X1 4k Ultra Hd Media Player
Gear in this thread