Official Sony VPL-VW500ES / VW600ES 4K Projector Thread - Page 209 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 404Likes

post #6241 of 6242 Old 09-17-2017, 06:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by myc52002 View Post
I'll give this a try. I have attempted several combination of settings with no success but probably not this exact set. I am connected to input 2 directly as well with the same results. There is no other display connected to the Anthem either. I'm not sure it's worth the mess to add the HDFury. Obviously the picture even in 1080P is superb but I am more annoyed by why this issue exists. It's is only on HDR encoded discs.
Well that didn't work either. It seems pretty clear whether its because of updates etc. one just can't play an HDR disc on this projector without some kind of interference device like the HDFury. No sure it's worth going there when it still looks great as is. Kind of knew this could happen when I bought the unit but still a bit frustrating trying to keep up with a moving target. Thanks all for the suggestions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6242 of 6242 Old 09-17-2017, 07:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 309 Post(s)
Liked: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by myc52002 View Post
It seems pretty clear whether its because of updates etc. one just can't play an HDR disc on this projector without some kind of interference device like the HDFury.
No device needed for UHD HDR playback. Set my Oppo UDP-203 and Sony UBP-X800 for HDR to SDR and original resolution playback therefore I get SDR but 3840 x 2160 video. That is all one can expect from the VW600. Use the Oppo most of the time for HD & UHD disc playback.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Sony Vpl Vw500es , Sony Vpl Vw1000es Projector , Sony Fmp X1 4k Ultra Hd Media Player

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page