Old projector, new house, need new screen - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 10-08-2013, 10:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a JVC RS-1. We moved last year from our old house with a dedicated theater into an a-frame style with cathedral ceilings, and floor to ceiling windows in a large great room. I took the projector but left the screen.

I really can't find a way to do it right, so I'm thinking about a screen that I can mount on a couple stands and take down, wrap it in a cover to keep it clean and put it in the garage when not in use.

Projector would be at about 18' feet behind our chairs (I need to build something simple for it to sit on too). Thinking of having a an exotic wood "ladder" built that can stay there all the time with the wife's pretty's and knick knacks and a shelf at just the right height for the projector to sit on when in use.

Even if we install blackouts on the windows, there is still ambient light from the entryway behind us, the kitchen windows etc...

I know it's gonna be a semi hassle every time I want to watch a movie, but my 60" plasma ain't cuttin it, and 80" even looks really small against a 35' wall of windows. Plus the wife doesn't want to have to look at the back of an 80 when outside on the patio.

I wish I had brought my 123 firehawk with me when when I sold the house. I already have an idea on how to build stands based on how the frame was put together on the velux border.

Thinking about another 123" Firehawk, but am not sure how screens have progressed for ambient light since I bought the Firehawk ten years ago.

Any suggestions would be a great help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-09-2013, 01:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: In my home theater ( when I'm not rock climbing, cycling or kayaking ) - Sacramento CA area
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked: 257
There is a brand new Stewart Firehawk G4 screen material out. Better than your old Firehawk. Can you mount an electric screen on a wall? Seems to me that would be more practical and less of a hassle than bringing out / putting away a screen. Give me a call or email and we can discuss what might work.

Craig Peer, AV Science Sales. Direct Line - 585-671-2972
I'm available 8:30am - 4:30pm PST, Monday - Friday Email me at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yes, we sell Home Theater gear right here at AVS !!
JVC, Sony, Epson, DPI, SV Sound, Martin Logan, RBH, Klipsch, and many more!
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Jvc Dla Rs1 Projector , Stewart Firehawk G3

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page