JVC X-90 Projector motherboard repair - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 10-17-2013, 01:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My friend's JVC X-90 projector which he bought last year has stopped working.eek.gif

The technicians have apparently stated that the mother board has become faulty and that it cannot repaired.frown.gif

Having spent a fortune on it, he still nurtures a hope of getting it repaired.biggrin.gif

I'd appreciate if any of you experts advice me how should he go about to get it repaired if at all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 10-17-2013, 02:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 147
He bought it last year and it doesn't have a warranty?
Technicians from where said it cannot be repaired - the official JVC techs, a third-party company outsourced by JVC as the auth repair facility, or a completely separate third-party repair company?

If it cannot be repaired and authorized technicians stated this, then I would think JVC is obligated by the warranty to send him a replacement projector. If the techs were authorized by JVC under warranty to examine the projector, then he needs to have the authorized tech facility send a written response saying it cannot be repaired, and then he needs to contact JVC again to get a replacement.
Are you saying JVC is refusing to repair a projector under warranty?

This post does not make a lot of sense...
captrajesh likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
for both one projector or dual stacks

Web Calculator v023 & v025
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

**Current Projector Calculator** --

Coder's Top Projector Picks of 2012 --

post #3 of 6 Old 10-17-2013, 06:29 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 356 Post(s)
Liked: 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by captrajesh View Post

My friend's JVC X-90 projector which he bought last year has stopped working.eek.gif

The technicians have apparently stated that the mother board has become faulty and that it cannot repaired.biggrin.gif

Having spent a fortune on it, he still nurtures a hope of getting it repaired.

I'd appreciate if any of you experts advice me how should he go about to get it repaired if at all.

Was this a black market JVC? If purchased threw regular channels, then it should still have a lot of warranty left on it. Just send it in and get it repaired.
captrajesh likes this.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me:

Brands we sell: 

Call for B-stock projectors
Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon & many more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Technology, MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech.
post #4 of 6 Old 10-17-2013, 09:56 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies guys. Apologies for not making things more elaborate. We are not in residing in a developed Country like US, Canada etc. but in a Third World (developing Nation)

Going by the information available, it is a top end projector which, may not be available off the shelf here.

I'm not sure how it was bought though my guess would be that it has been imported. Don't know if it was brought in via grey channel or the white.

Will check up and get back. Truly appreciate the response.smile.gif
post #5 of 6 Old 10-18-2013, 02:24 AM - Thread Starter

I've found out the full details and my guess was right. He has purchased it in Singapore and carried it along to India about 15 months ago. So even if there was an International Warranty, it would've expired by now.

He is reported to have approached the JVC Service Centre here and they have apparently expressed their inability to undertake repairs of the projector as it is a 'Professional' model and not sold in India.

Kindly advise me what needs to be done now.
post #6 of 6 Old 10-18-2013, 09:57 AM - Thread Starter

We have written to JVC Asia and hoping they would respond positively. rolleyes.gif

Keeping our fingers crossed.cool.gif
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
3m Digital Projector X90w

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page