I have been reading the forums for a few months, whilst my new house has been being built.
Sorry for the double post in the other section, I misread the area I was in.
My wife got the house, and I got a PC room and a Home Theater in our Basement.
Before I get to my question let me tell you what I have so far.
27 feet x 16 feet basement.
14 feet x 16 feet PC room at the end of my basement.
I have conduit in the walls to run audio and video from my PC room to my AV Receiver and from the Receiver to the Projector.
3 x KL-6504-THX In-Wall Speaker
4 x CDT-5800-C II In-Ceiling Speaker
Sony STR DA5800ES
Screen (not purchased yet):
My intention for the screen is the Screen Innovations Black Diamond Zero Edge Fixed Frame Screen 110" 1.4 gain. The basement is also the play area for my two young boys, so I wanted a screen that could be usable whilst there are lights on.
My gaming PC (at least the important parts of it):
Intel i7-980X Extreme Edition
4 x 256Gb Crucial RealSSD - RAID 0.
2 x Nvidia 590 GTX
30" Dell 2560 x 1600 Monitor
I normally upgrade my PC in September of every other year, but I skipped this upgrade cycle as we just had a baby; so I have the ability to upgrade my PC when/if necessary.
Projector (not ordered yet)
I had originally planned on getting a Sony HW50ES, until a 4K projector came below $10,000.
As the 600ES looks like it will be above that for a while, I am not sure if I want to spend the extra 5K.
And then add HW55ES in to the mix.
1. When/Where will there be data on the Sony HW55ES AND HW600ES for gaming latency. I have done some googling and found nothing thus far.
2. I will need to run one 50 foot HDMi cable from my PC room to the Receiver, will there be any issues sending a 4K signal that far? Or for that matter a 2K signal. Or should I wait until HDMi 2.0 cables are available?
3. I like that the HW600Es is HDMi 2.0 ready, so I would have the option of 2160p60. Do you guys think that my PC would be up to pushing 60 FPS at that resolution?
4. Would you recommend a different screen? If so, why?
5. Gaming is my primary concern, but I will use it more for watching TV. Do you think going 5 grand over my budget is worthwhile to get the 4k capability? If not, would you pick the 55ES or the 50ES to fill the gap until the 4K pricing comes down?