Projector recommendations please - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 10-30-2013, 09:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Please help me choose a projector for my dedicated basement home theater with complete light control.

The projector will be hanging from an 81" ceiling, with the lens approximately 13' 6" from a Stewart 1.3 gain 84" X 48" screen. The top of the screen is ~ 6" from the ceiling. It would be used primarily for viewing movies and sports events but no gaming. 3D would be a bonus but is not a priority. The projector would be hanging directly above my second row of seats so I would like to keep the projector noise to a minimum. I would like try to keep the cost of the projector under $4,000. I am considering the JVC DLA-RS45. Would this be a good choice for my setup? What other projectors would you recommend?  Thanks for any and all help?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-31-2013, 06:55 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 208 Post(s)
Liked: 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganels10 View Post

Please help me choose a projector for my dedicated basement home theater with complete light control.

The projector will be hanging from an 81" ceiling, with the lens approximately 13' 6" from a Stewart 1.3 gain 84" X 48" screen. The top of the screen is ~ 6" from the ceiling. It would be used primarily for viewing movies and sports events but no gaming. 3D would be a bonus but is not a priority. The projector would be hanging directly above my second row of seats so I would like to keep the projector noise to a minimum. I would like try to keep the cost of the projector under $4,000. I am considering the JVC DLA-RS45. Would this be a good choice for my setup? What other projectors would you recommend?  Thanks for any and all help?

Sent you a PM. smile.gif

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com
Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/ 
Call for B-stock projectors
Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI & many more.
Klipsch, RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Technology, MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech.
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Jvc Dla Rs45 Home Theater Projector 1080p Hdmi
Gear in this thread - 1080p by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page