Forum Jump: 

post #301 of 304 Old 08-24-2014, 06:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles R View Post
You can't post this without posting an image.
I can't find the ones I wanted, looks better than what these attached pics show. They are still working on cleaning up the lot and we are supposed to close on Friday. Projector is here and the rest of the equipment is filtering in. I think the good pictures are on my IPad. This gives you a good idea of the view. Should be nice to look out an over sized doorwall and see this view.

Thanks,

Bill
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC02177.jpg (254.2 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg Screen Wall.jpg (226.3 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg View From Living Room Window.jpg (306.1 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg View From Master Bedroom Doorwall.jpg (292.6 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02114.jpg (262.5 KB, 9 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #302 of 304 Old 08-24-2014, 06:47 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by milacqua View Post
I'm getting my install on this projector next week. The video store has a good reputation so I think they know what they are doing. I got the installation paid for as part of an insurance settlement so I would rather they do it than me. The 6030 will replace a 6500ub that was fried in a lightning storm.

I have a couple questions. Will the mount that comes with this unit work on a slanted ceiling? The only pictures I have seen show a flat, straight up and down mount installation but I can't imagine there would be no adjustment for a cathedral type ceiling. Also, do you have any tips for me to ask the installers, things to look for, checks before they leave, etc. I know I can expect the picture to be centered and they should calibrate it somewhat although I do not expect and ISF job in this regard. I will look for convergence issues and dead pixels. Is there anything else I should do or have them test before they leave?

Not sure if the mount that comes with it can handle that? Someone should pipe in soon or just call the company you bought it from. When I had my new house built I had the cathedral ceiling made with a 2' flat spot at the top to make mounting the projector easier. I also ran a pipe chase up to where the projector is being mounted along with an outlet. While all the walls were open I had them pull wire to the back walls and out to our back patio to same time and money on the install. I would have to imagine the mount that comes with the projector has to have some sort of allowance for slope, just how much is the question.

Good luck......I will see if I can find out from my installer if the mount can handle a standard cathedral ceiling? How steep are we talking? Can you take apicture and post it. I could forward it to my installer, they have done a lot of these projectors and mounts.

Thanks,

Bill
post #303 of 304 Old 08-24-2014, 07:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill'sWS6 View Post
I can't find the ones I wanted, looks better than what these attached pics show.
Looks great! I love the walking bridge. We have a much shorter one on the golf course not far from the front of the lot. The construction looks very neat and tidy... a sure sign of a good builder. Thanks for sharing.
post #304 of 304 Old 08-25-2014, 02:08 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Bill, thanks. Here is the temp solution I came up with using a backing plate. This was for a previous Mits projector and the mount shows the angle. I used it for the Epson 6500 as well. The angle should not be too severe, however, the length needed may be a problem. I am going to go with this temporary solution with the 6030 until everything is perfect, all cables are tested and the ISF calibration is completed in Nov or Dec. Then, I will try to move the support plate to the attic if possible and run the wires straight down. Anyway, the photo should give an idea of the slope I will be working with. If worse comes to worse, I will simply use the universal mount you see in the photo, assuming it will work with the 6030.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1020800.JPG (60.6 KB, 7 views)

shortspark
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Epson Powerlite Pro Cinema 6020ub 3d 1080p 3lcd Projector , Oppo Bdp 103d Universal 3d Blu Ray Player Darbee Edition
Gear in this thread