Forum Jump: 

post #301 of 375 Old 08-24-2014, 06:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles R View Post
You can't post this without posting an image.
I can't find the ones I wanted, looks better than what these attached pics show. They are still working on cleaning up the lot and we are supposed to close on Friday. Projector is here and the rest of the equipment is filtering in. I think the good pictures are on my IPad. This gives you a good idea of the view. Should be nice to look out an over sized doorwall and see this view.

Thanks,

Bill
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02177.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	254.2 KB
ID:	227969   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Wall.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	226.3 KB
ID:	227977   Click image for larger version

Name:	View From Living Room Window.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	306.1 KB
ID:	227985   Click image for larger version

Name:	View From Master Bedroom Doorwall.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	292.6 KB
ID:	227993   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02114.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	262.5 KB
ID:	228001  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #302 of 375 Old 08-24-2014, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by milacqua View Post
I'm getting my install on this projector next week. The video store has a good reputation so I think they know what they are doing. I got the installation paid for as part of an insurance settlement so I would rather they do it than me. The 6030 will replace a 6500ub that was fried in a lightning storm.

I have a couple questions. Will the mount that comes with this unit work on a slanted ceiling? The only pictures I have seen show a flat, straight up and down mount installation but I can't imagine there would be no adjustment for a cathedral type ceiling. Also, do you have any tips for me to ask the installers, things to look for, checks before they leave, etc. I know I can expect the picture to be centered and they should calibrate it somewhat although I do not expect and ISF job in this regard. I will look for convergence issues and dead pixels. Is there anything else I should do or have them test before they leave?

Not sure if the mount that comes with it can handle that? Someone should pipe in soon or just call the company you bought it from. When I had my new house built I had the cathedral ceiling made with a 2' flat spot at the top to make mounting the projector easier. I also ran a pipe chase up to where the projector is being mounted along with an outlet. While all the walls were open I had them pull wire to the back walls and out to our back patio to same time and money on the install. I would have to imagine the mount that comes with the projector has to have some sort of allowance for slope, just how much is the question.

Good luck......I will see if I can find out from my installer if the mount can handle a standard cathedral ceiling? How steep are we talking? Can you take apicture and post it. I could forward it to my installer, they have done a lot of these projectors and mounts.

Thanks,

Bill
post #303 of 375 Old 08-24-2014, 07:21 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill'sWS6 View Post
I can't find the ones I wanted, looks better than what these attached pics show.
Looks great! I love the walking bridge. We have a much shorter one on the golf course not far from the front of the lot. The construction looks very neat and tidy... a sure sign of a good builder. Thanks for sharing.
post #304 of 375 Old 08-25-2014, 02:08 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Bill, thanks. Here is the temp solution I came up with using a backing plate. This was for a previous Mits projector and the mount shows the angle. I used it for the Epson 6500 as well. The angle should not be too severe, however, the length needed may be a problem. I am going to go with this temporary solution with the 6030 until everything is perfect, all cables are tested and the ISF calibration is completed in Nov or Dec. Then, I will try to move the support plate to the attic if possible and run the wires straight down. Anyway, the photo should give an idea of the slope I will be working with. If worse comes to worse, I will simply use the universal mount you see in the photo, assuming it will work with the 6030.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020800.JPG
Views:	49
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	228657  

shortspark
post #305 of 375 Old 09-01-2014, 03:57 PM

Looks great, it should fine. By the way, you got my wheels turning when you mentioned mounting it in the attic. That actually sounds like a great idea, Then just drilling a hole through the drywall and running the wires down the pole. I can't remember if I mentioned my ceiling is 15' and I am going to need to hang the screen up higher or drop the projector down further.

I am hoping someone can pipe in about this. How far can can the image be shifted vertically? I would hate to have to drop the projector down to far. I don't want it being a eye sore in the room. I am getting a 115" Zero Edge Black Diamond screen and the projector will be mounted back 16' from the screen. The screen height is just under 5' and I plan on mounting the screen about 43" off the floor. So, add that to the 5' the top edge of the screen will be approx. 8.5' off the floor. That would mean going by proper mounting technique lining the projector up with the top edge of the screen I would have to drop the projector the projector 6.5' to line it up with top edge of the screen. I would like to get away with mounting the projector closer to 4' down. So, does anyone know if the vertical shift can put the image down on my screen mounted level 2.5' above the top edge?

Thanks For Your Help
post #306 of 375 Old 09-03-2014, 12:18 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 12
i also am about to join the EPSON6030UB CLUB.I posted a,few,weeks,back to say that my mitsubishi Laservu had gone KAPUT!..but this friday,a crew is comming down to my basement to install an epson 6030,a Da lite motorized screen and a Difinitive sound,system....i know nuthin about this,stuff except Mr.Miller,the king of calibration works with the store i vought it from..im really nervous that i made the right choice...i let you all know on saturday prolly
post #307 of 375 Old 09-03-2014, 12:36 PM

Sounds like you should prepare yourself!!!! You are going to be BLOWN away by what you see and hear from that setup. I can't speak for the screen but can say that the projector and Difinitive setup should put a HUGE smile on your face. What Difinitive setup did you go with? I am currently running B&W 600 Series Speakers W/Dual 12" Powered Subs. I also have a pair of Difinitive Technology Bi-Pole speakers with built in powered subs too. They haven't been used in a few years but I have been toying with the idea of adding those to my B&W's up front. So, I would run 4 front towers with 4 powered subs. The room is 40'L X 23' W so it could use the extra sound. Although it may end up being over kill, as in my wife will over kill me.

Depending on what your plans are for your setup I think you went the right direction if you watch TV and movies more than listen to movies on your setup. The Difinitives are wonderful for movies and TV. I think my B&Ws are more geared towards the music side. The Difinitives pack punch, especially if you have the bi-pole with built in powered subs. They make a great rear speaker too.

Good luck with your setup. Let us know how you like it and post up some pictures when you get a chance.
post #308 of 375 Old 09-04-2014, 12:44 AM

home cinema

the difinitive is the 400 pro series w/ subwoofer.two more days ,i cant wait.One of the reasons im so nervous about this is because before i opted to get the 75" laservu,i read nothing but great things about it,and i wasnt reall impressed by its picture or performance..im almost glad it died
post #309 of 375 Old 09-11-2014, 01:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Current Epson 6010 owner, happy with it, but warranty coming to an end soon and I'm fearful owning an Epson out of warranty due to problems people often report with them costing about as much to repair as replacing them.

Was waiting for CEDIA to see if Epson announced a 6040/5040 but they aren't. So my question is for 6030 owners who upgraded from a 6010, can you give me an idea what I can expect in differences? I know the 3D glasses are now RF but I'm not sure what other improvements have been made in the 6020 then in the 6030 from the 6020.

Thanks!
post #310 of 375 Old 09-13-2014, 09:24 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rslavin2002 View Post
i also am about to join the EPSON6030UB CLUB.I posted a,few,weeks,back to say that my mitsubishi Laservu had gone KAPUT!..but this friday,a crew is comming down to my basement to install an epson 6030,a Da lite motorized screen and a Difinitive sound,system....i know nuthin about this,stuff except Mr.Miller,the king of calibration works with the store i vought it from..im really nervous that i made the right choice...i let you all know on saturday prolly
From a 6030 wannabe, would love to see a few pics of your set up. Hopefully, will get mine within the year.
post #311 of 375 Old 09-13-2014, 08:19 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Hi all:

Have been following AVS for a few years now but posting to this forum for the first time. I just sold my five-year old Panasonic PT AE-2000u and am looking to upgrade, specifically for 3d capability. Would like owner/enthusiast opinions regarding 3D on the 6030.

I recently demo'd a JVC X500 but couldn't deal with its 3D performance from start-up - too much ghosting/x-talk for my liking. I was told by others in the X500 forum that 3D is much improved on the JVC after a warm-up of about 20-30 minutes. While that's great to hear, I don't think I like the prospect of having to wait that long - especially in company - to watch 3D material. So my question regarding the 6030 is, specifically, does it exhibit crosstalk-free 3D without a warm up?

Also, I have a dedicated theater room with darkened/treated walls, with a throw distance of 14 feet on to an Elite Screens Cinewhite 1.1 gain screen, and a ceiling height of 9 feet. If I sat about a foot behind the projector, will the fan and iris noise be a problem during normal movie viewing? Any feedback will be greatly appreciated, and thanks in advance.

Last edited by Rokker; 09-15-2014 at 08:01 PM.
post #312 of 375 Old 09-14-2014, 09:00 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 444
FYI on upcoming firmware:

http://www.projectorreviews.com/tech...po-2014-day-3/

"I also ask about the upcoming firmware update for the 4030, 5030 and 6030 series of projectors that is being demo’ed at CEDIA on a 6030UB projector. The new firmware will be provided first to Epson projector dealers then a little later put on the Epson support web site for download by user. It is said the updated is nearly fool-proof as it is highly unlikely to “brick” a projector that is being updated. The improvements to the projector’s image enhancement functions is substantial with this new firmware and all owners of these projectors should get the firmware installed once it is available."

Onkyo Pre/Pro PR-SC5508 & Emotiva XPA-5's x 2
Klipsch RF-7II's Mains RC64II Center RB75's Heights RS-7's Sides RS-52II's Rears
Klipsch RW-12D Subs x 2
Klipsch Belle's x 4
OPPO BDP-105 with Roku Streaming Stick
Epson 6030UB / Vapex 120" Electric Tensioned Screen
post #313 of 375 Old 09-14-2014, 09:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Location: In my home theater ( when I'm not rock climbing, cycling or kayaking ) - Sacramento CA area
Quoted: 255 Post(s)
Liked: 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasdom View Post
FYI on upcoming firmware:

http://www.projectorreviews.com/tech...po-2014-day-3/

"I also ask about the upcoming firmware update for the 4030, 5030 and 6030 series of projectors that is being demo’ed at CEDIA on a 6030UB projector. The new firmware will be provided first to Epson projector dealers then a little later put on the Epson support web site for download by user. It is said the updated is nearly fool-proof as it is highly unlikely to “brick” a projector that is being updated. The improvements to the projector’s image enhancement functions is substantial with this new firmware and all owners of these projectors should get the firmware installed once it is available."

The picture quality improvement is substantial - not sure what they are doing ( Epson wouldn't say ), but it looked much better to me. And it's a free upgrade for existing projector owners. Can't beat that.
Tasdom likes this.

Craig Peer, AV Science Sales. Call me on my direct line - 585-671-2972, 8:30am - 4:30pm PST, Monday - Friday
Email me at craig@avscience.com http://shop.avscience.com/
Yes, we sell Home Theater gear right here at AVS !!
JVC, Sony, Epson, DPI, SIM2, SV Sound, Martin Logan, RBH, and many more!
post #314 of 375 Old 09-15-2014, 08:38 PM

i got the projector installed last Friday and although the techs had a tough time running the wires through my cieling,and the screen was defective (the gear teeth ripped the right side of the screen,although it works fine,i am waiting for a replacement)the picture from the Epson 6030ub is totaly awesome! When i press the button on the wall,and the screen starts to lower itself in front of the TV, i feel like some rich spoiled guy and cant believe my own eyes.this is the best electronics decision i ever made in my life.Having said that,i cant help but wonder what the picture from a more inexpensive projector would look like.I wish it were as easy as looking at a tv in a store.There just arent many stores with lots of projectors hooked up
post #315 of 375 Old 09-15-2014, 08:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Peer View Post
The picture quality improvement is substantial - not sure what they are doing ( Epson wouldn't say ), but it looked much better to me. And it's a free upgrade for existing projector owners. Can't beat that.
Can you elaborate on "it looked much better to me"? In what way? Which settings on the projector does the firmware update affect? Super Resolution settings?
post #316 of 375 Old 09-15-2014, 10:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WynsWrld98 View Post
Can you elaborate on "it looked much better to me"? In what way? Which settings on the projector does the firmware update affect? Super Resolution settings?
Here's some more information

Epson Pro Cinema 6030UB LCD Projector Demo at CEDIA 2014

Klipsch RF-7II's Mains RC64II Center RB75's Heights RS-7's Sides RS-52II's Rears
Klipsch RW-12D Subs x 2
Klipsch Belle's x 4
post #317 of 375 Old 09-16-2014, 04:42 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I have never done a firmware upgrade on anything in my life. I'm 65 years old and do not know much about this stuff. These days I just write checks to get things done by people who know what they are doing, such as pro calibrators, installers, etc. Do we have to upgrade this ourselves or do the tech guys who installed our 6030s have to do it? What is involved in doing this? Do you have to get inside the projector itself to get this done or is it all done by computer? I don't mind trying things myself but I don't know where to start.

shortspark
post #318 of 375 Old 09-16-2014, 06:02 AM

Liked: 11
Just got notice of the update for Australian owners, I don't know how to do this either ( computer donkey) I could not download the firmware but I could look at the instructions on how to do it via usb to PJ but I cant see a USB input on the PJ any help guys
post #319 of 375 Old 09-16-2014, 06:45 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriso1671 View Post
... I cant see a USB input on the PJ ...

I haven't seen the update instructions or the firmware update here yet, but there is a micro-USB port on the back panel of the projector marked 'Service', beside the power supply.
post #320 of 375 Old 09-16-2014, 08:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Location: In my home theater ( when I'm not rock climbing, cycling or kayaking ) - Sacramento CA area
Quoted: 255 Post(s)
Liked: 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by WynsWrld98 View Post

To me motion looked better. Mike mentioned it looked " Darbee like " . We don't know what the new firmware does - they couldn't or wouldn't say.

Craig Peer, AV Science Sales. Call me on my direct line - 585-671-2972, 8:30am - 4:30pm PST, Monday - Friday
Email me at craig@avscience.com http://shop.avscience.com/
Yes, we sell Home Theater gear right here at AVS !!
JVC, Sony, Epson, DPI, SIM2, SV Sound, Martin Logan, RBH, and many more!
post #321 of 375 Old 09-16-2014, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCDA View Post
I haven't seen the update instructions or the firmware update here yet, but there is a micro-USB port on the back panel of the projector marked 'Service', beside the power supply.
Found the mini usb, now my computer wont open the file for some reason!!!!!!!!!
post #322 of 375 Old 09-16-2014, 05:27 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriso1671 View Post
Found the mini usb, now my computer wont open the file for some reason!!!!!!!!!
What do the instructions for the update say? Were you able to follow them as specified?
post #323 of 375 Old 09-16-2014, 07:44 PM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCDA View Post
What do the instructions for the update say? Were you able to follow them as specified?
well did the update went smooth was very easy version 110 now was 100 before. At first it looked really bad way overcooked at 5 it is a disaster very noisy and jaggies, dropped it back to 3 and reduced sharpness a little and it looks good will play around a bit more tonight. It defiantly looks like darbee like process as flicking between settings on the fixed oppo logo you can see more little dots in the blue at the bottom looks a bit more contrast the more you increase it but on motion introduces to much noise at 5, not sure if it is better will test more and let you know, cheers
post #324 of 375 Old 09-16-2014, 09:00 PM

when will it be made available?
post #325 of 375 Old 09-18-2014, 12:10 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
when will it be made available?
from Projector Central....October'ish....

"Epson also unveiled a surprising firmware update to the Pro Cinema 6030 and Home Cinema 5030 and 4030. We've got this update in house, and we've been looking at twin 6030's, one with it and one without it. And bottom line, this firmware enhancement produces an obvious (some might say startling) improvement in image quality; detail shows markedly better definition, and contrast appears to be increased in the mid-tones. Rarely does a firmware update produce such a momentous improvement in image quality. This update should be available next month. Epson is currently working out details as to how current owners of the 4030, 5030 and 6030 will be able to avail themselves of the update, so we will report that information here when available. If you own one of these models, this firmware upgrade is one you won't want to pass up."

Epson Pro Cinema 6030 | OPPO BDP - 103 | Pioneer Elite VSX 70 | Definitive Technology PM 1000 (L/R) | PC 2000 (C) | SR8040BP's (7.1) | Rythmik LV12R | Carada Criterion Brilliant White 118" | URC MX 780 & MRF 350 | ATS Acoustic Panels | Sanus AV Rack | DirecTv | Roku 2 | Monoprice 12AWG |
post #326 of 375 Old 09-19-2014, 01:43 PM

Hi Guys,

I have decided to join the 6030ub family and looking for a good source to purchase. AVS Science does not carry the line but I have found a few places online but am cincerned if Epson worries about "authorized" reseller or ?? for warranty purposes if its needed.

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks
post #327 of 375 Old 09-19-2014, 03:48 PM

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadRebel View Post
Hi Guys,

I have decided to join the 6030ub family and looking for a good source to purchase. AVS Science does not carry the line but I have found a few places online but am cincerned if Epson worries about "authorized" reseller or ?? for warranty purposes if its needed.

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks
My understanding is that you can't get this online and I would not be surprised if they denied s warranty claim for an online purchase. I thought I read somewhere that AVS was going to start carrying the pro line projectors.
post #328 of 375 Old 09-19-2014, 06:51 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadRebel View Post
Hi Guys,

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks
Sent you a PM

Klipsch RW-12D Subs x 2
Klipsch Belle's x 4
post #329 of 375 Old 09-19-2014, 10:35 PM

i have a question.when i click on the menu,and then click on "sharpness" it doesnt seem to have any effect on the picture.is shapness a dummy?
post #330 of 375 Old 09-19-2014, 10:38 PM

Quote:
i have a question.when i click on the menu,and then click on "sharpness" it doesnt seem to have any effect on the picture.is shapness a dummy?
Is that advanced sharpness because it makes a big difference on mine!
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Epson Powerlite Pro Cinema 6020ub 3d 1080p 3lcd Projector , Oppo Bdp 103d Universal 3d Blu Ray Player Darbee Edition
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page