Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by rslavin2002 View Post
either one..am i doing something wrong?
yeah maybe I think it goes from -5 to + 5 and defiantly makes a difference on my 120"' screen I will check it tonight and let you know.
post #333 of 340 Old 09-25-2014, 09:39 PM

Liked: 10
I am a new owner of a 6030 and I have kind of noob question. How do I know when I have 0 lens shift? Is there a detent or something?
post #334 of 340 Old 09-26-2014, 07:45 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 370 Post(s)
Liked: 418
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedbgtme@mn.rr.com View Post
I am a new owner of a 6030 and I have kind of noob question. How do I know when I have 0 lens shift? Is there a detent or something?
When you set up the projector dead center of the screen vertically and horizontally. It really does not matter. You just set up the projector center of screen horizontally and use as little vertical lens shift as you can. Most try to place the lens at the top of the image. Then once you get the image lined up properly with the screen, you are done. The image can't be perfectly rectangular shaped if the projector is not lined up properly.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Brands we sell: 
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Call for B-stock projectors
Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon & many more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Technology, MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech.
post #335 of 340 Old 09-26-2014, 07:51 AM

Thanks for the feedback. My projector is located in a vented soffit that is basically centered horizontally but may be a little off vertically. My question is how do I know that I'm not applying any lens shift so I can see how far off my location is? It seems like the lens shift wheels were already turned off center when I removed the projector from the box. I would like to make the lens shift 0 and see where the image lines up but I'm not sure how to do that.
post #336 of 340 Old 09-26-2014, 08:00 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill'sWS6 View Post
I can't find the ones I wanted, looks better than what these attached pics show. They are still working on cleaning up the lot and we are supposed to close on Friday. Projector is here and the rest of the equipment is filtering in. I think the good pictures are on my IPad. This gives you a good idea of the view. Should be nice to look out an over sized doorwall and see this view.

Thanks,

Bill

Nice place. What state is that?

Email Me:

Brands we sell: 

RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Technology, MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech.
post #337 of 340 Old 09-26-2014, 08:03 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback. My projector is located in a vented soffit that is basically centered horizontally but may be a little off vertically. My question is how do I know that I'm not applying any lens shift so I can see how far off my location is? It seems like the lens shift wheels were already turned off center when I removed the projector from the box. I would like to make the lens shift 0 and see where the image lines up but I'm not sure how to do that.
If the projector is mounted with the lens above vertical center, you are using vertical lens shift. If the image is perfectly square with your screen, then you will be using the minimum amount of lens shift for that specific setup.

Email Me:

Brands we sell: 

post #338 of 340 Old 09-27-2014, 04:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Project a crosshair pattern - adjust the lens shift until the center of the crosshair is the same distance from the floor/ceiling as the projector lens.
bill'sWS6 likes this.
post #339 of 340 Old 09-29-2014, 11:18 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
well after a couple of weeks owning the 6030,i am totally blown away by the picture that this projector puts out.It is absolutley stunning.I feel like the equivelent of a crack addict,putting in movie after movie...i just cant get enough.My wife wants to know when im pemanantly moving into the basement.lol
post #340 of 340 Old Yesterday, 09:23 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by rslavin2002 View Post
well after a couple of weeks owning the 6030,i am totally blown away by the picture that this projector puts out.It is absolutley stunning.I feel like the equivelent of a crack addict,putting in movie after movie...i just cant get enough.My wife wants to know when im pemanantly moving into the basement.lol

And a new firmware will be released in the US in October.

Epson Pro Cinema 6030 | OPPO BDP - 103 | Pioneer Elite VSX 70 | Definitive Technology PM 1000 (L/R) | PC 2000 (C) | SR8040BP's (7.1) | Rythmik LV12R | Carada Criterion Brilliant White 118" | URC MX 780 & MRF 350 | ATS Acoustic Panels | Sanus AV Rack | DirecTv | Roku 2 | Monoprice 12AWG |
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Epson Powerlite Pro Cinema 6020ub 3d 1080p 3lcd Projector , Oppo Bdp 103d Universal 3d Blu Ray Player Darbee Edition
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page