Official Epson Pro Cinema 6030UB Owners' Thread - Page 20 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 30Likes
post #571 of 588 Unread 12-24-2015, 02:00 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilgore View Post
One, it's 20% you're losing, not 33%. Two, "no zoom required" means you don't have to manipulate the zoom to achieve CIH using this method. Three, if you are doing critical viewing in 16x9, you can always use a different scaling preset to restore full resolution and then physically zoom in to make the 16x9 fit height wise into your 2.35:1 screen.

Ideally, I would spend +$3000 on a cylindrical anamorphic lens. It is the absolute best solution. However, I can't justify spending $3000 on a lens with the income I have.
I am in 100 percent agreement with you on this. I have been at this racket for more years than I care to admit and this is by far the best solution when you look at cost vs performance. Anyone that tells you otherwise is probably heavily invested in snake oil. Having said that to each their own and not all "eyes" perceive things the same way so it comes down to personal choice. I did a large amount of research before choosing this method and even talked to the owner of this product before finally going this route.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #572 of 588 Unread 12-24-2015, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibernate View Post
Hey Dlynch- I bought 5030ub few days back and have exact same issue you mentioned. I was wondering what did you do to resolve this issue. Again just like you, this is not a pre-firmware upgrade related delayed start or occasional no-start issue. My firmware from factory is 111 and it just doesn't start the first time no matter how long do I wait... Since I have only few days left, I would appreciate if you can share what did you end up doing?

Thank you so much.
-H
My issue was resolved from a combination of things. One being the hdmi cable itself. Make sure the HDMI cable in question can handle the run ( if it is a long run). Second I found that the order in which items were turned on ( in regards to the handshake of hdmi) came into play as well. I always make sure the projector is first to be turned on followed by my reciever. This has cleared up all issues I have had related to the unit. sometimes too if their is a power surge or failure you have to unplug the projector for a few minutes as well to reset it.
post #573 of 588 Unread 01-14-2016, 02:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Replace SIM2 with 6030ub

I need some feedback of I should replace or is it worth to replace my SIM2 D80 with this projector. I like the SIM2 but the brightness or lack of is less than stellar. I like the Epson but this PJ has been out for 2 years and hate to purchase a unit that is potentially a couple years behind other vendors. Your help and input is appreciated. BTW I am using 120" screen. PJ is mount 14'.5" from screen at 6ft. high.

Thanks!

WOOLFMAN

WOOLFMAN

Woolfman’sTheater Build #2

WOOLFMAN THEATER Construction thread
One small job for mankind, one hell of a build for 1 guy
post #574 of 588 Unread 01-14-2016, 04:52 PM
Scott Horton, techht.com

Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by woolfman View Post
I need some feedback of I should replace or is it worth to replace my SIM2 D80 with this projector. I like the SIM2 but the brightness or lack of is less than stellar. I like the Epson but this PJ has been out for 2 years and hate to purchase a unit that is potentially a couple years behind other vendors. Your help and input is appreciated. BTW I am using 120" screen. PJ is mount 14'.5" from screen at 6ft. high.

Thanks!

WOOLFMAN
I have replaced 3 Sim2 Domino's with 6030's. Every one of my customers was very happy with the upgrade.
post #575 of 588 Unread 01-15-2016, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetGray View Post
I have replaced 3 Sim2 Domino's with 6030's. Every one of my customers was very happy with the upgrade.
Thanks Getgrey! Can you give me a few of your observations of improvement moving from the Dominos to the Epson?

WOOLFMAN

post #576 of 588 Unread 01-15-2016, 06:30 AM
Scott Horton, techht.com

Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by woolfman View Post
Thanks Getgrey! Can you give me a few of your observations of improvement moving from the Dominos to the Epson?
Well, I pretty much showed up and replace d the old PJ so I didn't study them for A-B. But there was a substantial resolution increase as the ones I worked on were not 1080 projectors. There was a brightness increase, and 2 of the guys said the PJ was much quieter than the old Sim2. 2 of the guys were big sports guys. One of them watched a lot of golf. Both of them said the image was a "huge improvement". All of this is subjective input, but they were all very happy with the image vs the low end Sim2. It's a great projector for the money. Plus Epson's no hassle advance replacement warranty can't be beat. If that's not enough it comes with a free $500 bulb in the box, and a $250 Chief custom mount.
AlexanderDelarg likes this.
post #577 of 588 Unread 01-15-2016, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetGray View Post
Well, I pretty much showed up and replace d the old PJ so I didn't study them for A-B. But there was a substantial resolution increase as the ones I worked on were not 1080 projectors. There was a brightness increase, and 2 of the guys said the PJ was much quieter than the old Sim2. 2 of the guys were big sports guys. One of them watched a lot of golf. Both of them said the image was a "huge improvement". All of this is subjective input, but they were all very happy with the image vs the low end Sim2. It's a great projector for the money. Plus Epson's no hassle advance replacement warranty can't be beat. If that's not enough it comes with a free $500 bulb in the box, and a $250 Chief custom mount.
Thanks for the reply! My d80 is 1080P so image is good but again brightness is questionable. I also need to check to see if I can mount this at about 11' for a 120" screen. So many decisions!

WOOLFMAN

post #578 of 588 Unread 02-20-2016, 06:09 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Purple tint

Hey all I created a thread a few weeks back about my projector image being a washed out purple tint with my satellite signal.All other inputs color was fine ie. htpc, ps4 games. Today I tried a bluray in the ps4 and it was washed out purple tint. I tried my ps3 to see if that would change but it is the same thing all blacks appear to be purple washed out.
I run hdmi through a Cambridge 751r with the Epson 6030ub. I have an htpc, ps4 and telus sattelite hooked up. The issue only happens with the sattelite box and ps4 blu ray. I can play games on the ps4 and it looks great as well as the htpc looks great.
I've tried different cables, swapped balluns (it's connected to the projector over Cat6) I even tried connecting straight in to the projector with just hdmi. I tried changing the order with which the devices turn on, tried powering the devices down and back up to no avail. At times when I turn on the sat. box the image will look fine and once it starts ok the color will stay correct until the next time.
I'm kind of at a loss with this and hoping for any help or advice.
Thanks for any help or if anyone has also experienced this.
post #579 of 588 Unread 03-27-2016, 07:40 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Epson 6030 or Epson 9600e Please help

Guys,

I had originally purchased a 6030 for my new theater, and I have the ability now to "upgrade" to the Epson 9600e laser for 900.00 from the cost of the 6030. I have read the reviews I could find, but I need to know if this is a useful upgrade? I am using 16:9 133 screen in theater. I like the idea of laser vs. bulb, and I assume fast off / on is a plus? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Frank
post #580 of 588 Unread 03-30-2016, 06:04 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quick question...I have a 9' high by 15'-4" wide wall in my new home. I am planning to put a 135" screen on that wall. The screen will be viewed from 15-20'. My math is telling me that I should mount (ceiling) the projector (Epson 6030UB) ~18' away from the screen. Is that correct?
post #581 of 588 Unread 03-30-2016, 06:30 PM

The projector central calculator is giving me a 17'-11" throw distance recommendation and Epson's calculator gives me a range of 13'-3" - 28'-3".
post #582 of 588 Unread 03-31-2016, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital2k10 View Post
The projector central calculator is giving me a 17'-11" throw distance recommendation and Epson's calculator gives me a range of 13'-3" - 28'-3".
how far back is the back wall? I initially ceiling mounted mine but found too much light spill. I ended up using a shelf and found this to be the optimal scenario.

Don
Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XPA-1l x4,Emotiva MPS-2. SVS PC12 Plus, Magnapan 3.7i, Magnepan CC5,Magnepan MC1,Epson 6030UB, SI Zero Edge Slate 110.
post #583 of 588 Unread 03-31-2016, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlynch34 View Post
how far back is the back wall? I initially ceiling mounted mine but found too much light spill. I ended up using a shelf and found this to be the optimal scenario.
Wall to wall is about 23'.
post #584 of 588 Unread 03-31-2016, 01:37 PM

The builder's audio/video contractor is recommending to mount the projector 15 feet from the screen, so that's how far he is planning to run the wiring. I want to get this figured out before the framing is done which will be in a week or two.
post #585 of 588 Unread 03-31-2016, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital2k10 View Post
The builder's audio/video contractor is recommending to mount the projector 15 feet from the screen, so that's how far he is planning to run the wiring. I want to get this figured out before the framing is done which will be in a week or two.
if you have the projector I would recommend doing a temporary set up where it is being proposed and see how it will look

Don
Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XPA-1l x4,Emotiva MPS-2. SVS PC12 Plus, Magnapan 3.7i, Magnepan CC5,Magnepan MC1,Epson 6030UB, SI Zero Edge Slate 110.
post #586 of 588 Unread 04-02-2016, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlynch34 View Post
if you have the projector I would recommend doing a temporary set up where it is being proposed and see how it will look
That would be ideal. Unfortunately that's not a possibility for me. The home is being framed right now. All the pre-wiring is done just after the framing is complete and before the drywall is installed. There also won't be any electricity running prior to the pre-wiring. Oh, and I don't have the projector yet.
post #587 of 588 Unread 04-03-2016, 10:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 678 Post(s)
Liked: 310
Just a piece of advice. For wiring to your projector use conduit! There have been so many HDMI problems with longer runs especially with 4K it is great practices to run conduit so you can change cables later if there is a problem or if standards change. Hopefully, HDMI will no be around forever.
post #588 of 588 Unread 04-13-2016, 05:51 PM

Yup, they are using a conduit. Still not sure about the throw distance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Epson Powerlite Pro Cinema 6020ub 3d 1080p 3lcd Projector , Oppo Bdp 103d Universal 3d Blu Ray Player Darbee Edition
Gear in this thread

taboola here