Looking to buy a Projector between $2500-$3500, need advice - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 11-01-2013, 12:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

I have been setting up a room for awhile now in my house and am finally getting around to getting a projector. I am looking to spend give or take $2500-$3500 on the projector.

I have put in some time reading threads and reviews but many people keep saying that many are like apples and oranges, or personal choice.

I will be watching movies blu-ray and 3d about 70% of the time, 15% watching sports, 15% playing PS4. What I am looking for is best overall picture quailty but I also do not want lag in games.

I have a Elite Screens ER120DH2 Sable Fixed Frame Projection Screen (120 inch 16:9 AR)(3D)

Highly versatile Polarized Silver Screen material with Gain 2.0 flat-tentioned for Active 3D Projector or Passive 3D dual proejction system. (Optional 2D/3D Airflex5D Stacking System)

Measurements of the room are 10.5ft wide, 19ft long.

I was looking mainly at the Sony vplhw50es and was wondering if this projector goes well with my screen. Also the 50ES is breaking my budget as far as pricing goes if I spend that much on it I want it to be worth it. I have heard some talk of lenses in some of these threads and know nothing about this subject should I learn about this before buying and what do they cost extra? Is comparing side by side screen shots a good way to determine what picture you pref. or those arent very valid because of diffrent enviorments, lighting, and screen? Also the 55ES seems to be being released in the next month how much better are the specs?

Any advice is helpful advice

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Elite Screens Er120dh2 120 Inch Sable Projection Screen , Samsung 50 Inch Led Hdtv Un50es6100
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page