AVS Forum

AVS Forum (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/)
-   Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-digital-hi-end-projectors-3-000-usd-msrp/)
-   -   Advice please: JVC DLA-RS4810 or Runco LS-3 (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-digital-hi-end-projectors-3-000-usd-msrp/1498795-advice-please-jvc-dla-rs4810-runco-ls-3-a.html)

Tim821 11-09-2013 12:13 PM

Hi. I need some opinions, please? Should I purchase a JVC DLA-RS4810 or go with a Runco LS-3? I see benefits both ways. Is the 4K e-shift technology worth going with the JVC? Thanks for your advice!

Tim

AV Science Sales 5 11-09-2013 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim821 View Post

Hi. I need some opinions, please? Should I purchase a JVC DLA-RS4810 or go with a Runco LS-3? I see benefits both ways. Is the 4K e-shift technology worth going with the JVC? Thanks for your advice!

Tim

What do you want to use your projector for, sports, 2D movies, 3D movies, gaming?
Screen size?
Screen gain?
Throw distance?
What is your room like?

Tim821 11-09-2013 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV Science Sales 5 View Post

What do you want to use your projector for, sports, 2D movies, 3D movies, gaming?
Screen size?
Screen gain?
Throw distance?
What is your room like?

Hi,
I'm wanting to use the projector for sports and movies. I do not care about gaming or 3D. I am probably going to purchase a Stewart Firehawk 123 screen. We will probably be sitting about 15ft from the screen with the projector right behind. The room is open (not a dedicated room) with carpet and soon to be a built stage probably. The walls with the screen will be fairly dark. Lighting will be fairly controlled but not perfect. I do not know what screen gain means. I'm obviously a novice to this type of technology...that's why I appreciate your help!

Thanks!
Tim

AV Science Sales 5 11-10-2013 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim821 View Post

Hi,
I'm wanting to use the projector for sports and movies. I do not care about gaming or 3D. I am probably going to purchase a Stewart Firehawk 123 screen. We will probably be sitting about 15ft from the screen with the projector right behind. The room is open (not a dedicated room) with carpet and soon to be a built stage probably. The walls with the screen will be fairly dark. Lighting will be fairly controlled but not perfect. I do not know what screen gain means. I'm obviously a novice to this type of technology...that's why I appreciate your help!

Thanks!
Tim

Sent you a PM. smile.gif


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:08 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.