VPL-VW1000ES and HTPC at 4k (native rez) - Page 9 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #241 of 243 Old 03-23-2015, 03:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1134 Post(s)
Liked: 446
The GTX 970 is powerful enough for JINC upscaling and NNEDI3 chroma/luma scaling to UHD. This could be a cheaper option for those looking for a powerful MadVR scaling solution. Right now JINC and NNEDI3 provide the highest quality scaling solution consumers can use currently. Better than a Lumagen and the Sony's built in scaling.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Crazy Projector Journey!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #242 of 243 Unread Today, 12:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seegs108 View Post
The GTX 970 is powerful enough for JINC upscaling and NNEDI3 chroma/luma scaling to UHD. This could be a cheaper option for those looking for a powerful MadVR scaling solution. Right now JINC and NNEDI3 provide the highest quality scaling solution consumers can use currently. Better than a Lumagen and the Sony's built in scaling.
Yeah I had my sights set on moving to a 970 in at least one of my htpcs, but I think I won't hurt to wait till the next gen AMD's come out. Particularly as I'm easily a month off from my main HT is rebuilt in new room and have an 8802 with 4K passthrough in place to handle UHD scaling properly.

post #243 of 243 Unread Today, 11:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 208 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Seegs have you or anyone with a vW1000 played around with madVR's 3dlut calibration? I am wondering how much of an improvement it might be together with the latest Calman and my Colormunki spectro vs a Lumagen and the Calman/colormunki. Obviously it would only be for HTPC content but all I watch in the theater is Blu Ray anyway.
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Sony Vpl Vw1000es Projector
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page